Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By seb

One Way Static Records is proud to present the soundtrack release from the movie WOLFCOP by SHOOTING GUNS.

Wolfcop is currently wrecking havoc at multiple festivals baffling audiences all over the world. Equally remarkable is the killer soundtrack provided by Shooting Guns. A unique blend of heavy carpenter electronics mixed with Black Sabbath-esque riffs and even a hint of country. Upon hearing it, we just knew we had to release this.

Limited to #1000 copies worldwide on RED & BLUE MARBLED VINYL. Vinyl packaged in a deluxe gatefold old school tip-on jacket with original artworks by RANDY ORTIZ (Marvel Comics, Mondo,…). Also included is a FREE DIGITAL DOWNLOAD CARD.

This item will ONLY be available on MondoCon taking place on September 20-21 in Austin TX. Randy Ortiz will be present for a signing session at our booth. Remaining copies will also be sold at Beyond Fest taking place from September 25 through October 5 in Los Angeles CA.

Left-overs (if any) will be sold on www.onewaystatic.com & www.lightintheattic.net mid October. Static Club members will be offered first. Click the button at the bottom of THIS PAGE to receive a notification when this item will be in stock.

There will also be a cassette tape version housed in a VHS CLAMSHELL BOX for International Cassette Store Day (more info in the Cassette Store Day Thread. Limited # 350 copies worldwide with alternate artworks.

By ghostfires
I absolutely love OWS, and I truly love the music of Shooting Guns (I own everything they've released)...but this really sucks. I was hoping that the other companies wouldn't follow the same thing DW is doing for Mondocon. These con exclusives are the worst thing ever in my opinion, because it feeds the flippers like nothing else. Not only do they see that it's very limited, but they also see that the access to the music is even more limited than normal. At least when things go up on sale through a website, everyone in the world has a chance. When it's just a con release then everyone knows right off the bat if you aren't going to shell out the money for con tickets, gas money or plane tickets, food and hotel expenses for the weekend...you WILL NOT be getting an album by a favorite band or musician of yours. That just seems shitty to me.

Why not just sell a limited edition variant color? A picture disc version? An OBI strip edition? Anything to where the attendees are rewarded, and get something special...but the rest of the world isn't cut out of the experience because we couldn't afford the time and/or money to attend?

This isn't meant to single out OWS - as I've stated, I absolutely adore OWS and the amazing customer service I've always received. I've just been following Shooting Guns since their first 7"...and so I've been very eagerly awaiting this soundtrack since they first talked about it a long while back...and now today to find out that I will not be able to get it because I'm not attending two conventions...that is just SO disappointing!

And before I get jumped on - I'm fully aware that the email states that any remaining copies will go up for sale....but you'll also notice that it states "if any" copies remain....which means they expect it to basically sell out.
By lazyben
Yes please on the LP but I also think the convention only releases are a bad thing (and I say this as someone who can get to beyond fest and is a static club member).

Don't turn into Mondo basically. I hate mondo.
By layneharvey
all of the above being said (and i agree with the sentiment), if anyone happens to be going to mondocon or beyondfest and is able to pick up an extra copy of this, i would be interested. i surely hope another version of this will be released down the line regardless. sounds pretty amazing.
By albatard
Waxwork limited records only available for us customers (around 1 am euro time), DW and OWS only available at us conventions...just tell us if you don't want our money anymore, the wife will be happy!
By baphomet
Would be great to have a version of this, can not understand why just plain old black vinyl copies could not of been made, I do not need a vinyl made out of Midas gold splattered with the blood of Virgin Mary every time I buy a vinyl, I just love the music, the covers mean more to me than the vinyl colour, and the cover of Wolfcop is fantastic!. Please take note OWS / DW by all means publicise your companies at conventions and the like but do not forget the people that helped you get where you are now.
By philball1974
Saw the title of the thread....Woohoo fuck yeah!! Excitement.

Gotta love you European companies! whatever happened to good old GrimmFest? I've got tickets to that one! At least i get to see Goblin do Suspiria!

Anyway, album art work looks awesome, I'm sure the Mondocon folks will love it.
By thedeepness
So glad to be a Static Club member. The sample tracks are great.
By texasvinyl
Nice one, looks groovy and I dig the sample tracks. I am tempted to risk extreme marital wrath to catch the convention on Sunday...I'll have to see how pissed off she gets when I casually mention it tonight. Anyone happen to know what time it's supposed to get going on Sunday? I didn't see anything on MondoCon website.
By Spun out of control
As you chaps say, OWS' customer service has always been excellent...

With 1,000 copies pressed sounds like at least some may be left over (it's not like this is Texas Chainsaw Massacre or Friday 13th), and, if not, sure Seb will see us Europeans right in some way...

Also, it's not quite the same as the DW thing where every cinema goer at the Con automatically gets a copy with their ticket. People have got to seek this one out...
By ninjaqutie
I sure as heck hope I can snag this! It looks amazing!
By seb
Relax my brothers & sisters. We take care of all our loyal supporters wherever they are.
Where would we be without you?

Have we ever let you down ;-)
By Voodoo_Jim
I have no fear.
By lazyben
The static club email that just arrived gladdened my heart :)
By lazyben
I've listened to the samples a few times now and this is the most devil-horns inducing release ever featured on STBC.

By lazyben
Yeah I'm already there.

That's the expensive part of record collecting for me, I find a new band and before I know it I've bought up their entire readily available discography and am scouring the interwebs for the rest.
By deafmetal
This sounds rad as hell.
By manuorru
Nice to be a Static Club member! ;-)
If allowed, I will take an extra copy for swap it with DW Mondo-con issue! :-)
By tonyandrewgiles
Can't wait for this.

Yay for OWS :)
By ghostfires
If you want to hear just how great these guys are...you don't have to look any further than the song below. Especially if you go to the 2:45 mark, and listen to those wolves howl while the song explodes...just an incredible sound!

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkCMwDhv7pc[/video]
By layneharvey
@ghostfires - totally badass... wolfcop will be mine.