Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By DISCOSUCKS...
No offence intended OWS, but I'm kinda disappointed to see that the "silver mirror" vinyl (the one I was secretly hoping for) turns out to be kinda dull grey. I should have guessed that though, I suppose. In any event, really got my fingers crossed that I don't get the "bee striped" - I don't like split colour vinyl at all, have never heard one yet that doesn't sound pretty bad. My own fault for getting over excited about the variants on this one, should have gone for black I guess. Well, in any case, I'm still really pleased and grateful (I know that's probably not coming across!) that you guys are putting this out as I love this score - I'm gonna have faith that it will all work out :)
By seb
Pain bubbles we are from Belgium, our records are made in the US and we ship euro orders from the UK, so no import taxes.

Groetjes!
Bedankt!
By Pain_Bubbles
Thanks for the quick response OWS!
By seb
Looks better in real time than on the pics.

You never know how these will turn out when you place the order at the plant.
We wanted the silver to shine more like a mirror using heavy neon ... But that would have made them sound like shit.

Sounds great too... Keep the faith ;-)
By DISCOSUCKS...
..."but that would have made them sound like shit."

Haha.....I hear ya!

By nick_rising
What are the chances I'll get a deluxe tape if I ordered literally the hour they went up?
By ninjaqutie
I am a bit disappointed too. I was picturing something like a reflective maniac or a silverish version of chopping mall. Regardless, I will stick with my choice. Even though I like the bee stripe version better (as of now), it seems the splits sometimes sound like poo. The soundtrack is what I am stoked about and that is ultimately what OWS is delivering here. The end product is the same no matter how it looks like. Can't wait to drop the needle on this guys! :D As long as the quality is good, you will remain ace in my book. ;)
By NathanLurker
I dont know about split colored records sounding bad. Maybe I judt havent noticed yet or maybe I need to try and compare split vs other editions, but my splits dont sound bad. In this case, I had ordered both : bee stripped and mirror. So maybe I'll compare both to see what's what with splits
By DISCOSUCKS...
Hmm.....I thought the way it worked on this with the coloured editions was that you would be sent either one or the other, randomly. Didn't know that you could specify which you wanted?
By lazyben
Static club members get to choose (and order both if they want).
By DISCOSUCKS...
Well spank my ass and call me Snoozy....another reason to consider joining the Club!

By texasvinyl
And LITA too, since if you are a LITA subscriber you can use their discount code to reduce the price of the second version of the OWS releases. And when you get both variants you don't pay any extra shipping.
By deafmetal
This is going to be a treat to put on the turntable. Thank you, @OWS.
By seb
Chances are slim but existent!
By repulsion
Thx OWS, looks delicious :)

By DISCOSUCKS...
OWS -- your new FaceBook banner is very....very....wrong!

By seb
:-)
By seb
It's a miracle facebook has not removed it yet :-)
By tonyandrewgiles
@ows, @disco - wow...

;)
By Purplemule74
I'm usually not that thrilled by plastic packaging, but I like what OWS did with the cassette packaging for Candyman. Clever.
By ninjaqutie
I like it too. I think their cassette packaging has been pretty good all along. Each of them has made me wish I have gotten the cassette along with my vinyl. :D
By seb
SHIPPING THIS WEEK - watch your mailboxes !!! >

Candyman
Blue Ruin/Andrew Liles
Dracula
Class Of Nuke em High
Surf Nazis Must Die (restocks)
Breaking Bad volume 2
District 9
Shredder Orpheus
El Topo
The Dance Of Reality
The Holy Mountain
Tales From Beyond The Pale
Hardware & Stage Fright (restocks)
Oldboy & Warning Sign (restocks)

www.onewaystatic.com
By phantomnoir
One Way Static, you're the best!
By lazyben
Got a shipping notice from LITA for this today but in reality it had shipped on the 9th so it actually arrived today.

I had chosen the silver and it sounds pretty good. There's a tiny amount of noise but not enough to actually get me grumbling. There is a slight shimmer/sparkle to the silver which is probably responsible for that (and doesn't photograph well so I haven't bothered posting one).

I've impatiently been listening to the download to death already so it's not quite the voyage into the half-forgotten that a lot of score purchases are but I am really happy to have this on wax at last. One of my very favourite scores so thanks OWS!

Wolfcop finally appeared with it so that will be going on next.