Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By layneharvey
just got this email from Morgan at LITA:

---------------------------------------------------
"Hi there,

You are receiving this message because you have purchased the Candyman Deluxe LP, regular LP, and/or cassette tape.

Unfortunately due to manufacturing delays on this release, we are updating the estimated ship date to December 15th.

We sincerely apologize for this delay. If you wish to cancel your order or have any questions or concerns please feel free to let me know.

Thanks for your patience and understanding."
---------------------------------------------------

no word about whether they are holding items in the same order, but worth throwing the question her way if you are in that situation.
By reelybored
Yep, just got this myself. Christmas it is!
By Occhionero
i have preorders for around 500€. I am a private person and not a company!
It would be great when the credit card will be charged at the point of dispatch.
By Deadite
"It would be great when the credit card will be charged at the point of dispatch."

This! I dont mind the wait, but i also shouldnt have to pay for it 4 months in advance. (This isnt directed towards OWS specifically, but in general)
By phantomnoir
@Occhionero and Deadite, you're actually against the concept of preorders. However, I think they sometimes help the record label to fund a record (at least partially).
By DISCOSUCKS...
Yeah....they kinda feel like unofficial kickstarters, except the thing is DEFINITELY gonna get pressed, and you don't get any prizes ;)

I don't mind pre-orders too much, but because I'm disorganised and financially incompetent, it can get pretty scary at times. My list of pre-orders that Ive paid for in advance/aren't shipping for a while is often huge, and it takes a bit of thought to keep an eye on them/whether they're missing in action etc. It can be hard work! (Admin!!!)

The other fucker is when you only get charged once order is completed/something has shipped (ie Amazon etc), which can be confusing as fuck when a few hundred quid suddenly disappears from your account months after purchasing summat and for the life of you, you don't know why (until you trawl through the aforementioned admin!)

Anyhoo.....minor quibbles in the big scheme really. I just started looking through my OST purchases from this year to begin compiling my top 10 new and re-issue lists, and fucking hell - by any standards this has been an utterly unprecedented year for geeks who are into this shit. Just incredible.
By seb
Yes, we had this talk about pre-orders here many times.

For a small label like OWS that releases 4-6 records a year there is no other option yet but to work with pre-orders.
Maybe next year we will be able to quit them. We prefer not to work on a pre-order basis but no other choice now.

Even big labels do this but probably for different reasons.

We can't help it that cards get charged right away, that's paypal, we have no say in that.

The only thing we can guarantee is that you always get what you paid for and you get closely updated while the wheels are in motion.
We have proven ourselves, no risks for the customer... We're good for it , in for the long term ;-)

Thanks for the trust and support... I really mean this!
By Whip Wilson
[quote=41480]You rock.[/quote]Seconded heartily.
By tonyandrewgiles
^^^ thirdly
By deafmetal
Indeed, I don't mind the preorders either. I place them quite often for underground metal vinyls. Also, I just received The Boogey Man LP in the mail from OWS to tide me over until Candyman shows up. Thanks, Seb!
By seb
Dear friends,

We are pleased to announce that Candyman just rolled of the pressing plant and is on the way to Seattle where it will be assembled.

It will still take a few weeks to have it ready to go but we're positive that every order will be sent out this month.

Other items ordered through www.onewaystatic.com that will ship out around the same time as Candyman this month are Andrew Liles, Tales from Beyond The Pale, Breaking Bad, District 9, Shredder Orpheus, The Holy Mountain, El Topo, The Dance Of Reality & the Surf Nazis Must Die vinyl re-stock.

We have not yet received confirmation that Class Of Nukem High & Blue Ruin will be ready this month but it looks like they will.

Thank you for your patience, and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

Wishing you all the best
Seb
By deafmetal
Thanks, @OneWayStatic. I have actually been enjoying forgetting that I have this on preorder, which is immediately followed by a great feeling of anticipation all over again.
By dumaisaudio
Please post some pictures when you get them, I was waiting to make my choice until I could see what they looked like. Glad it's finally ready!
By prettybleak
pushed back to January now. i think i'm gonna cancel with LITA, maybe pick it up at my local at some point.
By seb
January is a safety line. It's of the press and being assembled. Pictures soon guys!
Working around the clock to get this finished in the midst of the holiday season!

Thank you for your patience
By seb
Longest time it ever took to get a record out... 3+ months :(
They really screwed us on this one.

Almost there now, thank god!
By NathanLurker
it's gonna be SWEET when this comes in.
see what I did there ? Bees.... honey... sweet.
By seb
A typical example of pressing plant politics... Oh it's black friday and major labels want to do a repress of Wham?
Sorry indie labels...you'll have to wait.

Now that's done and now Candyman, Tales From Beyond The Pale and Class Of Nukem High are all out at the same time. Coincidence? Me thinks not. It's all about the $$$

I wonder if they'll treat us this way once the majors move on to the next thing and drop vinyl.

Oh well...I'll stop the rant now ;-)
By seb
Lolz
By Hatter313
@OWS

with the amount of ranting that goes on here anyway, i think the labels are entitled to some of their own. Honestly, i only realized this still up on LITA, and was thrilled to snag a copy, even with the delay . thanks for putting out such a great product, i'm sure this one will be no different.
By seb
Shipping soon!

By Pain_Bubbles
Where will these ship from? I was under the impression you were based in Belgium, but I think I read Seattle earlier in the thread?
I ordered from OWS and am in the Netherlands.
(Should I have some cash on hand to pay the mailman import duties?)