Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By seb
End of the week Phil! They are crossing the pond right now.
By slybonethetownie
The Phantom has landed in the mid part of the USA! All formats look great, (LP, CD and cassette), and I didn't even know that the first 100 cassettes came in a cool little numbered and padded box! A nice surprise!

Great job Seb!
By seb
Thx man!
By Hatter313
Got mine from LITA yesterday, wound up with the very attractive looking split color. Spun it last night while getting ready, wow, what a cool project overall. great release! thanks OWS for putting this out, can't wait to find sometime to watch the stream!
By dumaisaudio
Got my spatter version in the mail when I came back from vacation yesterday. The color looks rad as well as the package. Looking forward to listening to it soon, as I've held off on the download so far.

Edit - Listening to it now, definitely cool, and not what I was expecting. The splatter version is a little noisy at quiet moments, but nothing that gets in the way of the listening experience, and it looks amazing! Only on the second side do I think the cover sticker reference to Goblin and Carpenter starts to show. Honestly though, I'm tiring some of the Goblin/Carpenter worship (for lack of a better word), and if that hadn't been on the sticker, I probably wouldn't have made a connection myself.

I'm looking forward to checking out the "surprise" soon.
By slybonethetownie
Just watched the stream with the synced Laze soundtrack and I thought it was pretty great! For those of you who like the Laze score you might be interested to know that the stream has several musical cues that aren't on the album, so there's more Laze to be had if you want it. I'd actually never watched the film with the vintage soundtrack although I may have to soon just to compare and contrast.

Check it out all you deluxe LP owners!
By NathanLurker
I can't find in me the necessary motivation to add an entry on discogs for the boxed tape edition of Phantom. I hope a bro can list it soon so I can add it to my collection.
I know, so lazy of me.
By chandler75
I'll be happy to do it - when I get it. Has anyone in EU gotten theirs yet?
By seb
I doubt it Rasmus, tapes will be sent seperately in the next days to avoid damage.
The limited box is kinda fragile.

Vinyl packages should be rolling into mailboxes next week. UK first then mainland.
Everything has been shipped. 1068 packages...I need a break, lol.

Scratch that... No break. OWS05 next week + MondoCon exclusive

:-)
By philball1974

In some rather sad news, Universal Studios is planning on razing the legendary Stage 28 where the classic silent film Phantom of the Opera was filmed in 1925. Universal is hoping to relocate the set to another location so it can be saved and viewed by the public.
As it upgrades its production facilities and expands its theme park, Universal Studios is planning to demolish Stage 28, one of the oldest on the lot, while preserving a 90-year-old set housed in the space and used in the original 1925 silent film Phantom of the Opera.
Some legends say that the famous Stage 28 is haunted by the ghost of Lon Chaney himself, the site of his greatest screen triumph.
Rumors of the soundstage’s removal have spurred a petition drive, with nearly 2,000 signatures urging the studio to save it.
Universal said that it was in the midst of a multimillion-dollar preservation effort to save the set from Phantom of the Opera, above, and move it to another location. The studio is in discussions with museums and institutions, hoping that it will be accessible for public view wherever it ends up. Universal says that 50% or less of the set is from its original construction, with sections altered from the ’30s to the ’60s.
I truly hope something can be done with the Phantom set at the very least, it is a historic part of cinema and needs to be preserved at all costs.
By baphomet
Mine dropped today with split version, along with another nice suprise, blood on the water nazi's and a lovely looking blue COTLD. Going check out the sound now whilst finishing off my working day. Thanks very much OWS!

By philball1974
Just watched the free streaming whilst I listened. Nice touch OWS, really works well.
By seb
Thx Phil!!
By baphomet
@phil thanks for reminding me, went and found my 'suprise package' and hope to get round to watching it. Does it go well with the film? been an awful long time since I watched the original movie.
By chandler75
The padded box edition has been added to Discogs.
By tonyandrewgiles
Managed to score a cassette version of Phantom!

The OWS guys really do take care of us subbers.

Really wish I'd gone for the cassette/vinyl sub now.
By chandler75
Is it correct that Phantom doesn't have any booklet or liner notes of any kind?
By texasvinyl
Huh, didn't know there was a blue SEM pressing of COTLD.
By seb
Correct! New score and all cast and crew passed away like 50 years ago... So no notes/need for a booklet
By tonyandrewgiles
@ows have seriously reignited my love/enjoyment of cassettes again.
I was always a vinyl kid but never ventured far without my trusty Walkman.

This is just superb & I'm stoked I managed to upgrade to both the vinyl and cassette sub.

By colicub
There's a lot of great micro-labels putting stuff out on tape at the moment. I'm really looking forward to OWS's Cassette Store Day releases next weekend!
By tonyandrewgiles
@colicub - Looking forward to the clamshell Wolf Cop for sure :)