Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By NMA
Which variant is better? Any prototypes? How about sound quality for the variants? :/
By horseloverphat
[quote=23052]everyone see that PHANTOM is up for preorder? check it out over at OWS and LITA![/quote]

And here is me still waiting on the Cannibal Ferox discs and as a paid up subber! It's tough being positive about this next release and any pre-oders, when I'm still under these circumstances. I'm only stating things as they are.

By pabloeterovic
has any sub member received a mail asking which version do we want to receive?
By NathanLurker
[quote=23053]Which variant is better? Any prototypes? How about sound quality for the variants? :/[/quote]

Monsterworship posted this infon, back in november 2013, that he says he had gotten from a pressing plant :

SOUND CHARACTERISTICS OF VINYL COLORS*

(Surface noise 1= quietest / 8 = noisiest)

1. Standard Black
2. Transparent Colors (Blue, Green, Clear, Gold [orange], Transparent Red, Coke Clear, Fluorescent Colors)
3. Non-Mixed Opaque Colors (Pink, Red, Yellow, Violet, Brown)
4. White
5. Opaque Mix (Mixing opaque and translucent color(s) in particular; and also tend to have visible “staining” after a few hundred records, which can be seen in certain light).
6. Random Color / Recycled Color Shades
7. Split Color / Splatter Color / other hand-made colors
8. Glow In The Dark / Glitter Records
By seb
Sound wise they both should do really fine. It's all black, white and clear which are safe colors that fit together quality wise.
By seb
If you did not receive your Cannibal Ferox sub package yet, please contact sara@onewaystatic.com and she'll sort it out for you! Most received it, some are still waiting, it all depends on where you live and the postal service not fucking up.
By seb
You can now pre-order our latest release: Rupert Julian's 'THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA' (1925 Motion Picture Soundtrack by THE LAZE).

We are really proud of this release, The Laze are an amazing 7 piece band bringing you a great score in the vein of Goblin & Carpenter mixed with nervous classical music and Baroque Dance. Making this album an instant classic.

Once again we spared no efforts nor costs to make this release one you can expect OWS to deliver. This release also contains original art by LUKE INSECT (The Human League, A Field In England, DeathWaltz Records,…)

As always, we cooked up a couple of crazy versions for you, please read on...

* SPECIAL EDITION COLOR VINYL packaged in a deluxe gatefold old school tip-on jacket

Available on:

>> CLEAR/BLACK VINYL
>> CLEAR WITH BLACK & WHITE SPLATTER VINYL

These variants are inserted randomly and are limited to #500 copies each worldwide. They come sequentially foil numbered (2 series of /500).

Also included is a STREAMING CARD where you can find a private link to view the original 1925 movie synchronized with the new soundtrack. This card is exclusive to the limited vinyl edition.

* REGULAR VINYL EDITION. Pressed on classic BLACK VINYL. This pressing is limited to #1000 copies worldwide. Packaged in a deluxe old school gatefold tip-on jacket.

* CASSETTE EDITION. Cassette Edition with alternate artworks. Limited to #300 copies worldwide. Comes with an extra bonus track not on the vinyl version. #100 copies are available as a limited variant

* COMPACT DISC EDITION. Compact Disc Edition. Packaged in a deluxe Digipak Limited to #1000 copies worldwide. Comes with an extra bonus track not on the vinyl version.

* DIGITAL DOWNLOAD. Comes with an extra bonus track not on the vinyl version.

Due to the highly limited nature of this release we urge you to pre-order it. There is no guarantee there will be any copies left on the actual street date.

UK & European customers can order straight from our website www.onewaystatic.com

US & Canadian based customers can order through our North American partner www.lightintheattic.net (yes, they also have the limited editions).

If you are located outside these territories you can choose who you order from, we both ship out worldwide.

Now go get em before they are gone and don't forget to tell a friend about this!

www.onewaystatic.com (EUROPE)
www.lightintheattic.net (NORTH AMERICA)

By jgibbs4053
the 2 tracks on OWS sound awesome
By maxvelvet
As usually, awesome job Seb!!! ;)
By seb
Thanks guys! We're getting some great response and the release is selling fast so I guess we must be doing something right :-)
By philball1974
Pre ordered a limited version. Cant wait.
By Hardrain02
Looks like another great release guys. I love the fact that we can stream the movie with the new soundtrack as well. That's so cool.

Looking forward to seeing the limited cassette too. The last two releases had some fantastic packaging extras.
By horseloverphat
[quote=23066]If you did not receive your Cannibal Ferox sub package yet, please contact sara@onewaystatic.com and she’ll sort it out for you! Most received it, some are still waiting, it all depends on where you live and the postal service not fucking up.[/quote]

It was a technical issue at your end via the shipping handler that you use...finally it now looks like it will get resolved.

The other Irish subbers (who also didn't receive package) can thank me later. ;-)
By seb
Yes, Sara just informed me. We are on it! Thanks again and sorry for the hold up,my friend!
By horseloverphat
[quote=23099]Yes, Sara just informed me. We are on it! Thanks again and sorry for the hold up,my friend![/quote]

Hey...I know I probably come across as a bit of a twat, but the wait has been driving me mad...and exponentially exacerbated by all the other forum posts, of others revelling in and displaying their Ferox joy.....err, something like that. :-)

No worries now though Seb...and no apology required, now that the facts are out, I can see that you couldn't have forseen such a problem.
By Darren LD1984
The other Irish subbers (who also didn’t receive package) can thank me later. ;-)

Intercepted by customs for being too terrifying?
By seb
Thanks for understanding. We do get that it can be frustrating and you did not come over as a 'twat' , far from it!
By oaxaca
Just wondering if this is going to be available on amazon UK like Ferox was? You never know they may set a ridiculously cheap pre-order price like they did with Ferox :D If not, I'll order direct from you guys! :)
By seb
No clue... Amazon works in strange ways. They will have it but no clue on pricing.
By Hardrain02
@OneWayStatic I Seb, just wondered is the clear/black a split colour vinyl or a swirl? Just thought I would ask before sending my subber colour choice.

Thanks in advance.
By seb
Split !

Cheers
By Hardrain02
thanks for letting me know.
By ninjaqutie
Hope he catches me!! I want the vinyl and extra goodies. ;)