Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By slybonethetownie
David Hess released a decent catalog of music from the '50s all the way up until a few years before his death, but I believe that the Last House ST is truly his masterpiece. Another great sampler of his music is a compilation put out by Diggler Records in Germany (I think) a handful of years back entitled David Hess - "Climbing Up The Sunshine Path". It was released on CD and a limited run on vinyl (500 pieces). Here's the album on the Diggler site: http://www.diggler.de/dig015.htm
There's usually some copies on eBay as well. This album is a great next step in David's back catalog.
By slybonethetownie
Also, here's a YouTube playlist of some vintage David Hess tracks I put together which is a nice sampler of his 50's and 60's output. Do note that all of these tracks are under the name David Hill which is a name he used until sometime in the 60's. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... SPX-RjUPRc
By chandler75
thenuthouse: But those are easier to replace :)
By dumaisaudio
Neither Last House or Day arrived to me with inner sleeve issues. I'm actually surprised because of how thick the gatefold is, they're not moving around in there and are pretty hard to get out if you just make a slit in the shrink wrap. Maybe the damage happened at the factory before shipping?

I would agree, inners printed with liner notes usually get creased and have seam splits, inserts are usually better. With my DW stuff, I just put them all in static free inners so I'm not putting the vinyl in and out of the printed inner.
By bitewerks
My copy has a damaged inner sleeve, too. I would prefer it didn't but cover damage is much worse! I wrote LITA & requested that a note be added to my LHOTL pre-order & my pre-order for DWs "Assault on Precinct 13" to remove the vinyl from the sleeve which they said they'd take care of but it was not done for LHOTL. I'll be dropping another msg before Assault/13 is shipped.

I remember when I first started receiving records removed from the sleeve & couldn't figure out why. Does anyone remember the days when records rarely arrived with split seams? I do!

I'd rather have a separate insert & generic inner sleeve, too.
By PaulZaza
just arrived safely in Germany, i got nr. 85
i normally don't by everything for one release but this is a fucking must!

rest in peace david alexander hess

thanks one way static hope there's more to come from your fantastic Label:

By seb
Cool to see everybody's pics! Thanks, all of you!
By jamie
Got my Gatefold substitute for the damaged LHOTL one thanks alot Seb.
By tim28212
LHOTL white variant on ebay starting $10 BIN $40

LHOTL
By manuorru
Please, does anybody knows where I may find a colour vinyl edition at a reasonable price, possibly in Europe?

Thanks,

Emanuele
By Bub
[quote=20805]Norman has the album for sale for £15.99 and you might get lucky: Random choice of vinyl colour, you’ll get white, pink or black! (OWS01)<br>

http://www.normanrecords.com/records/14 ... n-the-left

hhv.de also has copies, but it might be the black verison (you could write them and ask): http://www.hhv.de/shop/en/item/david-he ... eft-333140
[/quote]

Well the black vinyl had an OBI strip on the cover whereas the pink & white ones had the hype sticker with the number. So these shops should be able to tell you exactly which ones they're selling.

By manuorru
[quote=20809]

<div class="d4p-bbt-quote-title">Rasmus Drews wrote:</div>
Norman has the album for sale for £15.99 and you might get lucky: Random choice of vinyl colour, you’ll get white, pink or black! (OWS01)<br><br>

http://www.normanrecords.com/records/14 ... n-the-left

hhv.de also has copies, but it might be the black verison (you could write them and ask): http://www.hhv.de/shop/en/item/david-he ... eft-333140

Well the black vinyl had an OBI strip on the cover whereas the pink & white ones had the hype sticker with the number. So these shops should be able to tell you exactly which ones they’re selling.
[/quote]

Thanks Bub,

Already asked to Norman, unfortunely they only sell black vinyl edition. I will try with HHV.

And thank you Rasmus for information about cover and stickers, it will be useful for find right ones on Ebay!

Hunting is open! :-)

Emanuele

By chandler75
You should thank Bub for the cover info :)

I doubt you'll be able to find any of the colored versions in stores, but you can get them from Discogs for €29.24 and up.
By manuorru
[quote=20850]You should thank Bub for the cover info

I doubt you’ll be able to find any of the colored versions in stores, but you can get them from Discogs for €29.24 and up.
[/quote]

Did a bit of confusion! :-) Thanks to both my friends! :-)

Yes, Discogs is a valid source, real problem are shipping costs, which have become really high specially from US and Canada!
By Bub
No problem Manuorru.

And thanks Rasmus ;)
By Rob
@manuorru I have a white copy I'm selling if you're still looking. Check it out it the for sale listings
By manuorru
Thanks Rob, can't send PM, replied to your adv!
Emanuele
By seb

We are releasing a Limited FLEXI DISC exclusively for Cigarette Burns Cinema's UK screenings of The Last House On The Left taking place in September 2014.

Back in the day movie studios used to record promo spots on 7" records and send them to radio stations as advertising. This is an exact reproduction of these four original 1972 radio spots for The Last House On The Left (1972).

One year ago this flexi was included in our limited & sold out color vinyl edition of The Last House On The The Left. There were 600 copies on clear foil. This is a one-off repress of 200 copies on transparent red foil, this time it comes with a custom made sleeve. Every copy will come hand-numbered out of /200.

This item will ONLY be available on the six 35mm Screenings taking place in September 2014. For more info, dates & locations please visit CIGARETTE BURNS CINEMA .

Left overs (if any) will be sold on www.onewaystatic.com mid October. Static Club members will be offered first. Click the button at the bottom of THIS PAGE to receive a notification when this item will be in stock.
By philball1974
The black version is very good if you can't get a coloured one. Either way get you need this album!!
By jgibbs4053
im pretty sure i know the answer to this, but if Static members do get a chance at this is it possible to get through LITA with next album to help save on shipping?
By seb
All will depend on what's left of the the pressing after the screenings. If it's worth everybody's while we'll split quantities with LITA.

Keep you posted!
By ninjaqutie
That would be great Seb! That would save sooo much on shipping! :D
By slybonethetownie
I'm also pretty jazzed about the Last House red numbered flexi, and I know you've been receiving tons of emails about it (and some posts here) and are working on it, but I just wanted to put my 2 cents in and say that I also greatly hope that LITA gets some copies (if available) so we US folks can snag one for a good price!