Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By slybonethetownie
Just to chime in regarding the previous releases of this soundtrack.

Not counting the pending OWS release, I have 3 releases of this soundtrack.

1. The Rock Bottom Rules autographed CD release, which has 20 tracks as stated above, this CD has artwork of the 3 baddies w/ switchblade staring down at Mari.

2. A Rocket City Records official CD-R release, which also has 20 tracks like the RBR CD, this CD-R has artwork just like the 1st MGM Last House DVD which features Phyllis standing in front of a haunted looking house.

3. A 2nd Rocket City Records official CD-R release, this one does have 21 tracks including the Hess Bros. track, this CD-R uses the German "Mondo Brutale" artwork, but this is indeed a US release from Rocket City Records.

Although the 2nd and 3rd releases listed above are CD-Rs they are the official versions which at the time were being sold on David Hess' website. After the RBR CD was sold out I guess he chose to sell them in this made-to-order fashion instead of pressing silver discs. All 3 of these CDs sound exactly the same.

When I receive my OWS copies I will post pictures of all 4 versions side by side.

1 month to go!!!
By karswell
Agreed, what a wonderful passionate answer from One Way Static: can't wait for future release & am happy to wait for such quality.
My LHOTL tape has arrived but I want to wait for the vinyl for my 1st listen. Is that mad cuz the cassette keeps whispering to me "Play me Play me"?!
By ghostfires
You can't beat the honest response from One Way. I'm more than happy I've pre-ordered, and cannot wait to have it spinning on my turntable!
By Purplemule74
@Discosucks -

I love your, 'answer to the answer'; if we had commentary awards on here you'd be up for one! Very nice!
By antimax
+1 and A+++++ for One Way Static! Thanks for the genuine response! Love you guys... and I haven't even received the LP yet. Just been rotating the tape in my truck. But I'm there for every release you guys do! Thanks.
By DISCOSUCKS...
Aww shukks... Disco just try speak truth, award not necessary. Heap praise from Purple One sufficient.

Now I'm off to listen to the lovely sourced-from-fuck-knows-where Harkit! LP of the Klute score (since I don't have £500 spare for the original studio "bootleg"....) in all it's lo-fidelity beauty :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lm1ViyrRGXI

POP QUIZ: Top Three (officially) unreleased OSTs on vinyl by a chosen composer - my turn being the mighty

MICHAEL SMALL

1. The Parallax View
2. Klute
3. Night Moves
By bitewerks
Is LAST HOUSE running on time?

Kind of have my fingers crossed that LITA will be shipping out early!
By seb
@bitewerks

Yep, Last House is running on time. If all goes well shipping will start by the end of next week.
Fingers crossed.
By bitewerks
Excellent! Super psyched to get this sucker in my hands this month.

Also, I'm looking forward to THE HILLS HAVE EYES.
By chandler75
I just watched "Last House..." for the first time last night. It was damn disturbing at times, though the slapstick cops ruined parts of it. But the mostly uplifting music created an eerie contrast to the insanity taking place, and I'm almost afraid to listen to the soundtrack when it arrives :)
By slybonethetownie
Don't be afraid, it's only a soundtrack, only a soundtrack, only a soundtrack.............
By seb
The slapstick parts were included intentionally to dull down the violence, this was 1972 remember.
The comic relief was used to 'get away' with it.

I hated it at first too, but you grow into it as a whole, even with those parts ;-)
By StrangeVices
I never had a problem with the out of place silly parts. I always thought it gave the film an odd, unsettling charm. Total early seventies vibe.
By chandler75
I might appreciate the "funny scenes" when rewatching, but they confused me the first time around and made me not being able to get totally involved in the rest. I was wondering if there was a point to them, as they seemed to belong to a different movie, so thanks for the explanations :)
By bitewerks
I think the 'silly' parts is what makes other scenes of Last House feel so vile.
By hncreature
Thanks for the heads up but I'm gonna save it for the "unveiling" of my Lp!
By seb
Here's some news for you from OWS HQ ...

We just got in the THE LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT copies. Right on schedule and boy, do they look smashing! This means shipping will start as of today. Between us and Light In The Attic we have over 3.000 LP/CD & Cassettes to ship to customers and stores worldwide. Please be patient, you will get a shipping confirmation email when your package has been shipped. If you are experiencing any problems with your order, don't hesitate to drop us a line. Thank you!

Curious to see what variant and number you are getting? You'll have to wait... it's all randomly inserted. White or Red vinyl. There's even a rare marbled pink variant from where the 2 colors met in the press. We estimate this variant at #50 copies. Who knows what's in your package ;-)

For those who have missed it and still want a copy, better hurry. Both us and Light In The Attic are down to the last copies of all formats/variants. There are about 15 copies of the special editon left in our webshop. Light In The Attic is sold out of limited's. Black vinyl and cd's are going fast. Cassette version is completely sold out.

Europe >> www.onewaystatic.com
North America >> www.lightintheattic.net

By jamie
Looking forward to receiving this through my mailbox,sounds excellent and looks so damn cool.
By layneharvey
marbled pink? geez, that sounds cool. :)
By slybonethetownie
Woo hoo! Just got my shipping notification from LITA!
By dumaisaudio
I just got my shipping email from LITA as well, can't wait! I need to dig out my VHS copy and watch this again.
By layneharvey
got my notification last night! here's to hoping one of us get the pink marbly one!
By bitewerks
My shipping notice was waiting for me this morning. Should arrive next Wednesday or Thursday.

I have the British 3-disc dvd set & the book, "Wes Craven's Last House on the Left" by David Szulkin.
By Whip Wilson
LHOTL just arrived and it's a red/white mix. Beautiful package. About to commence spinning.