Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By ghostfires
I received my copy in the mail from LITA, perfect condition, and is the amber splatter edition. Veeeery nice!
By reddye6
If you were able to beam records to people, you know that you'd have to deal with questions and requests like, "How many of the records are going to be beamed? Is this a special variant?" and "I don't want my record to be beamed because rearranged particles make for a more static sound."
By MODAREC
Has anyone in the UK got there record yet? Mine was sent out last Friday but no joy. Probably down to TNT!
Looking forward to spinning it over the weekend.
By liftman2013
@modarec - Im in the same boat. Got a confirmation email Friday - having it delivered to my work so I come in with high hopes this week and so far keep leaving thinking 'tomorrow hopefully' :-)
By seb
Hey guys,

Everything was packed and shipped to our partner Townsend in the UK last friday and monday.
They are currently re-distributing it all over the UK. It takes some extra time but we do this so you save on shipping costs. (Saves you £5 a record as opposed to shipping from Belgium)

Should be with you next week or maybe sooner!

Any problems don't hesitate to email us.

Seb
By seb
Lol, you are probably right!
By tonyandrewgiles
Thanks for the update Seb, really can't wait for this to arrive :)
By seb
Thanks dude! Can't wait to hear what you guys think of it.
By MODAREC
Thanks for letting us know Seb, appreciate it. Good things come to those who wait etc :)
By fluppeco
THHE dropped on EU mainland.
Got the splits. GID looks awesome, the amber also has the black spots mentioned before.
By NathanLurker
So here's some good quality pictures of the GITD edition of The Hills Have Eyes.
Gave it a spin last week before going to sleep ( there are some really tense moments and crescendos, it didn't help to sleep haha) it's quite good.

I tried to show the color difference and the black flakes in the glow portion of the disk.

The noise on the glow portion of the disc is quite noticeable in the soft, quiet moments of the soundtrack it does affect the experience of listening to it. In the more intense and loud parts it's not really distracting though. It's really a collector record, I'll listen to it and give it the spins it deserves but it's a type of pressing that's very much a no no for future releases. its a type of vinyl that would be better suited for records containing already constant and noisy sounds. It's not suited for calmer moments.
By Bub
When listening to it, I just imagine that radiation caused the static ;)
By siforster
Clear/amber here, arrived today. Looks great!
By seb
Good to hear guys, they appear to be dropping in mailboxes allover the UK and mainland Europe.

Together with Ms45, Forbidden World and Rosemary's Baby ... mailboxes are in for a vinyl treat this month ;)
By siforster
I have a "to be signed for" package waiting at the sorting office (so that's my lie-in buggered for tomorrow), looks like a full set here :)
By Whip Wilson
Arrgg! Thus hasn't even shipped yet to me from LITA and I'm an hour a way from there Seattle office! Driving me mad. Can't wait to hear it.
By crazybeats
My cassette arrived today here in the UK. I got number 39.
By tonyandrewgiles
My amber/glow arrived yesterday and first off looks amazing but the glow portion of the album is really noisy at all times. It just sounds like there's dirt on the needle but there isn't.

Is this the same for everyone?
By el diabolik
Yeah, mine is bad. I'll be sending it back and asking for a standard vinyl version. The clear part sounds great, the solid green is horribly noisy. If it were just noisy, it would be poor but maybe tolerable, with the split colour, you go from smooth to noisy every couple of seconds - not a nice listening experience. In the future, if there is a standard black or clear option, I'll be sticking to that. I will keep buying OWS, I'll just put this down to a one off.
By deathwaltz
If they could manufacture a glow compound that sounded good I think all labels would be doing amazing things with it .. As it stands it sounds like shit but man THHE glows like a bastard !!
I'm giving my girlfriend my black copy and I'll digitise it so I can listen to it when I want.
The gold on the cover looks stellar !
Great package ...
By Dollarhyde
My GITD THHE is also noisey.
On the plus side I now own a glow in the dark record and it's THHE soundtrack!
By tonyandrewgiles
I'm loving the look of it, just sucks that it sounds half awesome half not awesome.
By liftman2013
Ill reserve judgement if i ever receive my copy:-(
By jgibbs4053
You can send me your GITD copy and I'll buy u a black one! I think it looks awesome
By seb
Yeah, a lot has been said about the GITD thing. Some people have no problem with it, others don't like it at all.
I'm not going to get in it again, because countless pages have been filled about the topic already.

I think we can all agree that it looks mighty fine but the sound is not what it should be.
Like said before : not doing this again. Pure eye-candy but too much trouble.

This variant only makes up like 12% of the complete pressing so plenty of alternatives here.
For everybody who wants to get rid of this variant there is another one looking to score it.

If you got stuck with a copy you are not satisfied with (and this goes for all our releases and formats) email us and we'll sort it out for you! Emails work faster than board posts :) and there's no problem we can't solve.

Cheers guys!