Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By ninjaqutie
The camo version isn't quite what I thought it would look like. It is almost solid. I thought it would have more pattern in it. I will have to wait until I get my camo in to see it in person before I really judge it, but I think I like the split version more.

I can't wait until I get BOTH versions in my greedy little hands. HAH! I didn't even know they were shipping!!!!!!! I haven't gotten a notice for mine yet. Keep the photos coming people. :D Congrats OWS! All your hard work is paying off! Your happy fans are clamoring to their doors and knocking down their delivery men to get their packages. ;)
By seb
Thanks ninjaqutie... Poor delivery men ;-)
By dumaisaudio
I don't think LITA are sending out shipping confirmation emails for this. I know I didn't get one when I ordered some RSD stuff from them.

The camo color is basically what I figured it would look like, very close to the green record in DOTD on Waxwork. Judging from that picture, I'm glad I chose that one.
By seb
I love how the colors came out... But we had something else in mind when we placed the order for camouflage vinyl, even sent the pressing plant some pictures of what we had in mind...guess they just did what they had in mind.

Still, looking good and very happy with the result!

Records are in the UK now, so shipping will start this week.
LITA is shipping out like crazy too in North America.

Keep them pics coming friends.
By unpopular_poet
Got my LITA copy today...I am going to have to hide this one from my little guy! Nice work!
By unpopular_poet
Ok, just opened it and saw the gatefold....holy shit. The camo looks good on my copy, mostly green, but some additional elements that definitely make it camo, and not green!
By bitewerks
I'm in Texas so I'm hoping my copy will show up mid or late week. I'm really, really looking forward to it & wish I had also ordered the cassette!
By Jimmy_Mike
LITA just refunded my Cannibal Ferox Deluxe purchase. The description on paypal reads:

"eBay decided in favor of the buyer in a dispute filed with the eBay Resolution Center. Because you didn't have enough money in your account to cover the refund, eBay issued the refund on your behalf. Please reimburse eBay now for the refund."

I have no idea what the above text means. I didn't buy through ebay, but my guess is that LITA didn't take down the deluxe edish after it sold out and I bought a nonexistent copy. Anybody else ever have this happen?
By Jimmy_Mike
Yep. Just got confirmation that it oversold.

By Jimmy_Mike
@brentonwalter I'll keep you in mind as I continue the search
By lazyben
My jungle camo version appeared today along with 2 other packages from LITA (they seem to have given up on shipping notices at the moment). It sounds splendid but I am kinda wishing it had a tamer cover as I have to keep this sort of thing hidden away from my daughter which will mean fewer spins.

I know I ordered it knowing what I was getting and I got the variant (automatically as I'm a static club member) but even the regular version would have to be hidden. I suppose I would rather the gore was kept to the inner gatefold in future.

I suppose this is the ows aesthetic as I can't think of any other horror labels that I've had this problem with (except maybe the back covers of the private/stella releases). I probably just need an "LP nasty" shelf well out of reach of little hands.

All that said this is easily my favourite ows release. Apologies if I sound like Mary fucking Whitehouse.
By seb
I totally hear you lazyben ;-)

I have two daughters (ages 3 and 6) ... Can you imagine hiding a stock of hundreds of these, lol. Thank god it's sold out.
At my house it's literally 'don't go in the basement' !
By seb
Some releases you can't make them look hip or arty or whatever you want to call it.
Cannibal Ferox is what it is. Toning down the gore would not really be an homage.

...and that's what OWS is about, we give every release the outlook it should have.
:-)
By tonyandrewgiles
Dang! I just want mine to arrive now :)
By Garmonbozia
I don't get it. Can't you take the record out of its sleeve and put it away while you listen to it? Please keep the gory covers coming.
By chandler75
As long as it's not depicting some of the animal killing in the movie (which I have a real hard time watching), it can be as gory as possible :)
By seb
No animals were hurt in making this record Rasmus ;-)
By jgibbs4053
@OneWayStatic I think you guys forgot to send me a copy of the test pressing :)
By thenuthouse
@lazyben I've had to keep the Mangiati Vivi! score hidden, myself.

I also own quite a few releases from thrash label Tankcrimes, and some of those require a bit of hiding, as well.
By ninjaqutie
YAY! Imagine my surprise when I showed up to work and had two little beauties sitting on my desk! Seb, you all did a bang up job! So glad I ordered both versions! ::thumbs up:: Loving the unrated version. I almost laughed and thought "what's all the fuss about? It's just a hannibal Lecter type cover!", then I opened up the inside; NICE! Oh, and I'm so glad I stuck with the camo. WAAAAY better in person than any of the photos can portray. Or maybe I just really like mine. :D Can't wait to spin this when I get home later tonight!

By lazyben
Heh heh, I know you couldn't exactly put pictures of fluffy bunnies and rainbows on this one.

I might print out a few of these and slide them in front and back of the sleeve:

By NathanLurker
that's actually a pretty good idea Lazyben, doing your own screening cover, insert it in the plastic sleeve. I don't have children to hide my copy from so I won't be doing that, but for the family men here that's a pretty good way to have a personalized creative cover hiding the nasty art. a homemade dust jacket cover.

Maybe go the opposite way for the art and create some pictures of really friendly jungle people having tea and smiling and being nice to each other for a personalized dust cover man :)
By GaryReeves
I ordered my unrated from OWS and the standard from Amazon. Looking forward to vinyl but in the meantime Amazon sent me a link to the MP3s which will just about hold me for a few days ...