Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Hatter313
Oh man I haven’t listened to that or watched that movie in nearly a decade! I knew I knew it though!
By havershaw
Interesting that Mondo is now distributing the LaLaLand releases of E.T., Saving Private Ryan, and Schindler’s List. And that they’re not shipping til September.
LaLaLand has all of those releases available right now.
By inksb
Some one on the soundcloud track said it may be Ghostbusters the videogame OST which was recently announced as having an HD rerelease for modern consoles. I am unfamiliar with it so I have no idea if this is true.
By Hatter313
inksb wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:42 pm Some one on the soundcloud track said it may be Ghostbusters the videogame OST which was recently announced as having an HD rerelease for modern consoles. I am unfamiliar with it so I have no idea if this is true.
You know, i thought it might be that, there was something different about the soundclip they had on there but i couldn't place it and thought it may have just been the sample, but the thought had occurred to me that it sounded a touch re-recorded from what i'm pretty familiar with. it would be interesting if that was the case, as i didn't notice the game music being different compositions from the film just rerecording, although I only played it once years ago when it came out.

The more I think about it, the more I think that's spot on though, it does sound tinnier than the original.
By Bezulsqy
Thanks to Shazam and you lot

Ghostbusters (movie or game?)
Hellbound
The Boys
BABii
Teen Spirit
14:08 some videogame
15:30 a DWOriginal?
19:30 I agree with Mateo that this sounds really good. Could be a DWO release or an 80s score and does this go on until 23:45 or does another tune start there? I think it is one 7:20 long track going on until 26:50

26:50 no idea
27:50 something else? no idea
31:45 I think I recognize but can't place a name on it
By ScoJo
I can't say for sure what the Ghostbusters tune is from, but it's definitely not the movie score.

The last track is definitely 80s, I get a strong Joseph Zito vibe for some reason
By inksb
Bezulsqy wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:42 am
14:08 some videogame
I'm pretty sure this is the original Metal Gear, it may from the MXS version rather than the NES as the audio sounds different.
By Hatter313
ScoJo wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:48 am I can't say for sure what the Ghostbusters tune is from, but it's definitely not the movie score.

The last track is definitely 80s, I get a strong Joseph Zito vibe for some reason

It's gotta be the game then, i don't think the cartoon used that music but maybe? unless its a tease that they are releasing the score to the new movie, but thats not releasing for another year so i'd be surprised.
By Mateo Sanboval
Ghostbusters is definitely the VGM.

As Bez says (and let's be honest, Bez is almost always right) that banger goes to 26:50. No idea what it is though.

Inks, I also think that it is Metal Gear at 14:00 and change. No idea which version though. I'm basing this on the recollection of a couple of video gaming historian buddies.
By Mateo Sanboval
Bezulsqy wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:19 am
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:02 am
(and let's be honest, Bez is almost always right)
Please tell this to my girlfriend!
Send her my number; I'll set things right.
By inksb
And here comes Ghostbusters
Pre-Order) GHOSTBUSTERS - Original Motion Picture Score 2XLP. Music by Elmer Bernstein. Artwork by Paul Mann. Featuring liner notes by Tim Grieving. Pressed on 2X 180 Gram colored vinyl. Expected to Ship in November 2019. Ships Worldwide. $35

Oh boy! We often talk about holy grails here at Mondo and GHOSTBUSTERS by Elmer Bernstein is one of our top 10 most wanted scores and we are stoked to finally be able to bring you the fully expanded score by Elmer Bernstein. The minute the needle hits the record you are transported back to your youth and transfixed by this magical score. The score is so rich, so varied and so damn good it has to be one of the most instantly recognizable soundtracks of the '80s. Bernstein using a mix, of horns, woodwind, synths and a full orchestra to create something that feels like it was recorded in another world. It’s playful, eerie, foreboding and exciting all at once. It doesn’t get any better than this, and Paul Mann’s artwork is the absolute icing on the cake. Do not sleep on this as it will not be repressed.

Not a fan of that cover art. The floating head thing is just not great yet everyone relies on it so heavily.
By havershaw
static14 wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:39 pm Sigourney Weaver looks amazing as She-Hulk!
ha!

yeah, def a pass for me. I have the regular version.
New artwork is definitely not enough to make me want to buy this a second time.
By havershaw
I was gonna say, what’s up with that green Dana? Seems like this artist got a bad case of whatever the Mondo Halloween 2 artist had (you feel like maybe he’s never seen the movie?) but I just discovered it’s the same guy, so I guess that explains that.
By inksb
havershaw wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:04 am I was gonna say, what’s up with that green Dana? Seems like this artist got a bad case of whatever the Mondo Halloween 2 artist had (you feel like maybe he’s never seen the movie?) but I just discovered it’s the same guy, so I guess that explains that.
That's why the color scheme seemed so familiar, I couldn't figure out why it felt so similar to something else. You think this is just some one at Mondo giving a friend a gig? Halloween 2 was pretty widely panned for it's artwork, why use this guy for another dearly loved property.
By zuko
Genuinely don't get the hate for this cover, I love it! I've already got the Sony version though, so… 🤷‍♂️
By Revolver_OcelScott
I like the artwork itself, but the color scheme is not my cup of tea. I'm glad someone mentioned the Halloween 2 cover, because it is so similar in color scheme. Too much empty space on this cover too. Would have liked the title and/or artist on the front to eat up some of that blank area.

I don't have the first release myself, so I might grab this when Halloween 6 is released so I don't have to pay shipping on it.
By inksb
zuko wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:27 am Genuinely don't get the hate for this cover, I love it! I've already got the Sony version though, so… 🤷‍♂️
It's just extremely generic and basic, the floating head composition is used for a large portion of movie posters, horror t-shirts and bluray covers. Then add the terrible color composition and that's why a bunch of people don't like it. For me it's a photoshopped collage that was then painted (technically very well) but it feels lifeless and like @havershaw said it feels like they haven't seen the movie. That's just how I feel about it. Honestly the music is the most important thing and not the artwork which is very rarely on display but why pay Mondo's premium when you can just buy the other version with better art for less money. If it was the only version available I'd buy it.