Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Hatter313
I usually refuse to accept a meeting invite for 1pm EST on Wednesday for exactly this reason haha.

but I also once managed to order the scream factory limited release of The Thing the moment it went on sale at an off-site all day meeting while at a conference table with my senior leadership and 15 clients around me, while still engaged enough to talk about marketing strategy. Some on the sly phone dexterity was my ally that day.
By ScoJo
Hatter313 wrote:I usually refuse to accept a meeting invite for 1pm EST on Wednesday for exactly this reason haha.

but I also once managed to order the scream factory limited release of The Thing the moment it went on sale at an off-site all day meeting while at a conference table with my senior leadership and 15 clients around me, while still engaged enough to talk about marketing strategy. Some on the sly phone dexterity was my ally that day.

#BeingaBoss
By Mateo Sanboval
havershaw wrote:Also, black single-LP Batman is sold out now.
It's the retail variant. It is, or will be, everywhere.
By Mateo Sanboval
zuko wrote:Mondo putting out a new version of The Big Lebowski. I’ve never been that bothered about this soundtrack outside of the movie to pick it up, but wow, that Paul Mann artwork sure is tempting:

https://mondotees.com/blogs/news/music- ... s-restocks
As soundtracks go, I've always enjoyed this one quite a bit. A diverse smattering of tunes, I've owned this since its release in the late nineties. That said, there are plenty of LP pressings out there for relatively cheap so like the knight says...choose wisely.
By inksb
I feel like that artist really captured The Dude in both paintings but I don't think he captured Walter or Donnie very well. But that's just my opinion man.
By havershaw
Can anyone report on how the remastered ‘89 Batman sounds?

Mine arrived yesterday (along with a ton of BlackFriday and ed’s awesome 2 for 1s), but alas, a pipe break in my house flooded my office, (where I keep all my vinyl and do my listening), so all my hi fi gear is going to be out of commission for at least another week and a half while that gets sorted.

So yeah. How’s it sound?
By static14
@havershaw sorry to hear about the flooding. Hopefully nothing was damaged too badly. Here’s hoping for a quick and painless clean up!

I only listened to the first two sides when mine arrived the other day, but it sounded great!
By havershaw
Thanks. Nothing got damaged, thankfully - caught it before anything beyond carpet and drywall got trashed. But I had to dismantle everything and take it all out of that room.

Anyway, I can’t wait to hear this. The mastering on the original was kind of underwhelming to me.
By inksb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7dvI4E ... e=youtu.be

They Live - Jan 30 - 3 variants

From Forbes for some reason:
Mondo, the Austin, Tex. company known for their beautifully elaborate pop culture collectibles (vinyl soundtracks, screen printed posters, deluxe figures and more) are adding to their ongoing line of vinyl releases featuring the musical work of The Master Of Horror, John Carpenter.

Between Mondo and its Death Waltz Recording Company, they've already released the soundtracks to Carpenter classics like Halloween, Assault On Precinct 13 and Big Trouble In Little China -- most of which are sold out. Mondo/Death Waltz will now release the soundtrack to the 1988 cult classic They Live, remastered by Alan Howarth, for die-hards to add to their collections.

“They Live is as relevant now as it was when it was first released in 1988, maybe even more so," says Mondo and Death Waltz Recording Company’s Head of Music, Spencer Hickman. "We are thrilled to be re-issuing the soundtrack and even more excited to team up with our friends at Rough Trade Books, so to celebrate we have arranged multi-city screenings of this iconic and important film."

With three variants available in total, the soundtrack to They Live boasts brilliant packaging design by Alan Hynes, featuring the film's iconic sunglasses and subliminal messages, all seen in the fun, retro promo video below.

A "Buy More Records" picture disc variant will be on sale exclusively at Mondo's They Live special screening events tonight, Jan. 16, in Austin, London, Los Angeles and New York. The two Mondo web store exclusive variants, "Annihilation Of Consciousness" and "Formaldehyde Face," will go on sale Jan. 30 through Mondo's website. You can follow Mondo on Twitter to catch the announcement for the exact time of sale.
By NathanLurker
I've got the 2013 black vinyl version, but I'm tempted to double dip. I think if the picture disc was available on the webstore, I'd double dip for sure, because I like the design a lot. But since I won't be able to get that, I can only say that I'm tempted, but I'll maybe invest my budget in titles I don't already have.
By Mateo Sanboval
Was the original DWRC reissue "remastered by Alan Howarth" or is this a new master?
By NathanLurker
Mateo Sanboval wrote:Was the original DWRC reissue "remastered by Alan Howarth" or is this a new master?

Good question Mathias. the discogs listing for my copy does mention ''Composed By, Remastered By, Reissue Producer, Performer – Alan Howarth'', therefore I assume that the upcoming re-issue presented as remastered by Alan Howarth is the same remaster from 2013.
By Mateo Sanboval
NathanLurker wrote:
Mateo Sanboval wrote:Was the original DWRC reissue "remastered by Alan Howarth" or is this a new master?

Good question Mathias. the discogs listing for my copy does mention ''Composed By, Remastered By, Reissue Producer, Performer – Alan Howarth'', therefore I assume that the upcoming re-issue presented as remastered by Alan Howarth is the same remaster from 2013.
Gracias, hermano. Then that may be the end of my financial interest in this release.
By Hatter313
I'll do it for the packaging alone, i'm a sucker for this sort of thing.

Also...I want a mondo records shirt with that design on it from the start of the promo video...and i want it now.
By Bezulsqy
I have the special edition version of the book. It probably will be around 35-40 dollars (in the UK it was sold for 34 pounds). And the only difference between this and the regular release is the cardboard cover, a lenticular bookmark and a thin piece of paper with the number out of 750. The book is softcover and very nice.

You can buy the normal edition in the UK for 25 pounds here: http://roughtradebooks.com/books/they-l ... awakening/
By Revolver_OcelScott
Bezulsqy wrote:I have the special edition version of the book. It probably will be around 35-40 dollars (in the UK it was sold for 34 pounds). And the only difference between this and the regular release is the cardboard cover, a lenticular bookmark and a thin piece of paper with the number out of 750. The book is softcover and very nice.

You can buy the normal edition in the UK for 25 pounds here: http://roughtradebooks.com/books/they-l ... awakening/
I was kind of unimpressed by a lot of the book. A lot of it was reiteration of the same statement over and over. And the slipcover was VERY cheap and flimsy in my opinion. The actual quality of the book itself it fantastic though.
By ScoJo
I nudged Transmission to see if they are planning to stock the They Live reissue- apparently the retail edition isn't due until September.

In which case I might just have to bite the bullet and order direct from Mondo on this one. Have just ordered the book direct from Rough Trade, thanks for the heads up @Bez.