Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By tim28212
inksb wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:37 pm
tim28212 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:28 pm I was on the road to Florida Wednesday so I missed the release of Hook which is sold out and going for stupid prices on ebay now. If anyone knows where I might still be able to get one let me know. Much appreciated.
I believe they are repressing it in 2022.
@inksb, good to know. Thanks!
By inksb
Saw that Spencer posted he was listening to the test pressing of the DUNE OST so that's coming soonish as well as a repress for the Sketcbook score that sold out super fast so DUNE fans will have plenty of ol' Hans to keep them happy
By Hatter313
inksb wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:33 pm Saw that Spencer posted he was listening to the test pressing of the DUNE OST so that's coming soonish as well as a repress for the Sketcbook score that sold out super fast so DUNE fans will have plenty of ol' Hans to keep them happy
second best score news i've gotten today...
By inksb
monsterworship wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:50 pm Got excited this week when they announced some Wes Anderson titles (darjeeling & budapest hotel) only to find out they were just poster projects.
And a quite bad one for Darjeeling
By ScoJo
BurningTapes wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:26 pm The Mist is a very cool one to keep your eyes and ears out for. It was fun to master it for DW.
It's quite a short score (well the CD anyway), wondering if this will be a 45rpm release
By static14
BurningTapes wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:26 pm The Mist is a very cool one to keep your eyes and ears out for. It was fun to master it for DW.
Always happy to get more Isham on wax! Does it have the DCD track as well?
By BurningTapes
ScoJo wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:51 pm
It's quite a short score (well the CD anyway), wondering if this will be a 45rpm release
I did suggest it, but not sure the outcome yet.
By inksb
here we go
Never before released in any format (the original LP release from 1983 is official, but actually a remix album that does not contain the score as featured in the film). We have spent years with Shore's label, Howe Records, and our friends at Back Lot Music to bring this album to you, as the film nears its 40th anniversary.
A CD version will be available from our friends at La-La Land this week, as well, and on digital platforms, in a few months, from Back Lot Music.
We are also using this opportunity to bring you restocks of other Shore / Cronenberg albums, NAKED LUNCH and CRASH.
As always, all new releases go on sale on Wednesdays at 12PM CT.
NEW RELEASE:
VIDEODROME - THE COMPLETE RESTORED SCORE LP
Mondo, Backlot Music, and Howe Records are proud to present the a soundtrack nearly 40 years in the making: the complete restored score album to David Cronenberg's 1983 masterpiece VIDEODROME.
Restored from the original session masters, and supervised by Howard Shore himself, this is the first time the original score has ever been released in its original form (on Vinyl through Mondo, on CD through La-La Land, and digitally through Back Lot Music).

Produced by Howard Shore and Alan Frey. Featuring original artwork by Rich Kelly, and liner notes by Annete DiGiovonni, and pressed on 180 Gram color vinyl (also available on 180 Gram black vinyl).

VIDEODROME - THE COMPLETE RESTORED SCORE LP. Music by Howard Shore. Artwork by Rich Kelly. Liner Notes by Annette DiGiovanni. Pressed on 180 Gram Color Vinyl (Also available on 180 Gram Black Vinyl). $30.

By ScoJo
I quite like Rich Kelley's art, this is not terrible - although I'm confused by the guy with the tea trolley??

Barry Convex is a bit too much - he's bordering on Jack Davis/Mad mag movie spoof :D
By Hatter313
monsterworship wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:49 pm i'll buy it since its not a replacement for the original.
My thinking exactly
By Hatter313
Ok, black of the sketchbook and 2lp soundtrack version secured. I haven't parked on mondo for a drop in years haha.