Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By skeletonbutt
too bad they don't have a uk and ca warehouses a la amazon but i suppose they're too small for such a thing. it would certainly lead to more impulse purchases from me if i didn't have to consider an extra $20 on top of each album.
By inksb
Well Mondo did not combine orders. I received the second order I placed during the sale today, still no shipping on the first order I placed. I was hoping they would all come at once but what ever it's not a big deal.

I'm currently listening to the pic disc of Frizzi's score to Assassinio Al Cimitero Etrusco. It sounds pretty good for a pic disc. Not too much surface noise and haven't noticed any pops which seem to be on every pic disc I own.

I was looking at the Profondo Rosso set and the cover is beautiful, the raised gold ink rings are awesome and I enjoy the artwork on the cover more than the Waxwork version. But the interior gatefold artwork looks like a highschool kids art project. Pencil sketched hands on a keyboard with some digital blood added in, it's awful. I was expecting something really nice in there and actually laughed out loud at how bad it was. I'm excited to spin this later today though.
By inksb
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 10:43 pm Mondo confirmed Metal Gear 2, Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 and Last of Us 2
Knew it was coming but that still makes me incredibly excited about Metal Gear 2, MGS2 and MGS3. All instant buys for me
By inksb
Jimmy_Mike wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:58 pm My Luz came with a download card. A pleasant surprise. When did they start doing this?
I've never seen it before but it might be ones they have digital rights to that you see on mondo's bandcamp page
By Bub
Mondo/DW streamed some live performances last night as part of their SDCC At Home celebration. It was a fun watch with the live chat going on. Excellent performances all around. Check out Pentagram Home Video's performance at 6:47:37. Not sure if this is a complete new direction for him but I'm intrigued. List of performances below the link.

https://youtu.be/eLX1XGipkzE?t=22041

Paul Leonard-Morgan – Walk To School (taken from TALES FROM THE LOOP)
Emile Mosseri – Giant (taken from HOMECOMING SEASON 2)
Tiny Star – Galaxies (taken from the EP Tiny Star)
A Goblin Chamber – Profondo Rosso (taken from the LP A GOBLIN'S CHAMBER)
Wooden Vibes featuring Fabio Frizzi & Riccardo Rocchi - (exclusive live performance)
Paul Leonard-Morgan – Gaddis is Happy (taken from TALES FROM THE LOOP)
Dolls – Hot Bodies (taken from the EP EGGSHELLS)
Goblin – Magic Thriller (taken from the DVD/Blu-Ray AUSTINATO)
Emile Mosseri – Calico (taken from HOMECOMING SEASON 2)
Paul-Leonard-Morgan – Blink Of An Eye (taken from TALES FROM THE LOOP)
Pentagram Home Video - (Nothing Ever Dies (exclusive live performance)
Le Matos – Playtime Is Over (taken from TURBO KID)

It continues tonight at 7pm CT with the "Art of Soundtracks" panel.

Mondo Creative Directors Spencer Hickman and Mo Shafeek curate a live chat with fellow soundtrack reissue labels like Ship To Shore PhonoCo, Enjoy The Ride, Milan Records, Tiger Lab, Invada, and Terror Vision. Expect behind the scenes information, title announces and maybe even an exclusive reveal or two.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rHu1hxf4K0
By Bezulsqy
I watched the Art of Soundtrack panel this morning and a bit of the Lights, Kaiju, Action... DESTROY panel.

A lot of new releases were announced.

During the Lights, Kaiju, Action... DESTROY panel Spencer announced Mondo is going to release Toho soundtracks. (watch from 21:51)
He mentions they will focus on titles from 1985 and onwards and not only Godzilla titles. At one point he also appears to say that titles from 1975 and onwards are going to be released. Not sure if I understood that correctly.
He is trying to release 3 of Toho related soundtracks this year, but because of the uncertainty in the world that might change.

In the Art of Soundtrack panel Tiger Lab has a lot of big announcements. Reveals start around 31:26 with Milan.

Milan:
- Da 5 Bloods (2LP gatefold in Fall)
- Black Mirror - Smithereens by Ryuichi Sakamoto (released in October for RSD)
- Ghost of Tshushima (video game) 3LP in Fall with Mondo having a color exclusive on pre-sale next week
- My Hero Academia - The Movie (soundtrack to latest film) October 25 on 2LP
- Cowboy Bebop - 2LP this year but no fixed release date and Mondo will have a color exclusive

Tiger Lab:
- 3x3 Eyes: Legend of the Divine Demon
- Death Note (6LP boxset consisting of 3 gatefolds in a box)
- DevilMan: Demon Bird
- Hellsing (4LP boxset) (this is the Original Hellsing and Ultimate Hellsing is coming on a later date)
- Hunter x Hunter
- Tokyo Godfathers (2LP) for Christmas release
- Vampire Hunter D (1985) for Halloween

Tiger Lab subsidiary (no name as of yet) but will release 80s and 90s martial art movies)
- Kickboxer (1989)

Enjoy The Ride Records
- Ren and Stimpy - You Eediot!
they are going to release a lot of filled versions for different titles
- Mortal Kombat 1 and 2 re-presses and a contract is signed for MK 3

Terrorvision
- Video Violence (1987) for sale next week
- The Gate (1987)

Ship To Shore
They have a partnership with Shudder and with their first two releases you also get a 30 day Shudder subscription)
- Cursed Films
- The Head Hunter
- Swallow
- The Wretched
- Attack of the Demons
two VAS releases: a VHS clamshell containing a cassette with the score and a 1080p copy of the film:
- Demon Wind
- Blood Harvest

Mondo
- Silent Hill 3 and 4 (2021 I believe)
- Tron: Legacy (10th Anniversary)
- Mandolorian (8LP boxset)
- Eyes Wide Shut (very soon)
- another Kubrick title later in November together with pins and apparel
- Dracula (which one?) not expended for vinyl so normal soundtrack listing)
- In the Mood for Love
- Ghostbusters 2 (hinted but not confirmed)
- still working on Amelie
By Bezulsqy
inksb wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:03 pm Thanks @bez, it's nice to have all this info in one place. Some great soundtracks coming.
You’re welcome!

I am not really exited about this list to be honest. I am looking forward more to the BOR and RR records coming.

Have most of the popular or interesting or brilliant soundtracks from the 70s until early 2000s been released or re-issued during the last ten years?
I still have a want list of at least 500 records previously released still to purchase. So enough to keep my busy without buying new releases.

What iconic titles can you think of that need a new release?
By ScoJo
Fwiw I reckon the Kubrick soundtrack won't be Clockwork Orange based on what was said regarding Wendy Carlos rights during the panel. My guess would be Barry Lyndon? Surely not Full Metal Jacket anyway, which had a reissues a few years ago (although that doesn't seem to be stopping them with Tron: Legacy....)
By inksb
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:39 pm I'm definitely in for Eyes Wide Shut, Mandalorian and depending on the contents, Tron
Yeah those Madalorian scores were fantastic. I'm not sure I'll be able to afford an 8LP boxset, hopefully it's not limited otherwise it will sell out so damn fast.
By Revolver_OcelScott
inksb wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:22 pm
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:39 pm I'm definitely in for Eyes Wide Shut, Mandalorian and depending on the contents, Tron
Yeah those Madalorian scores were fantastic. I'm not sure I'll be able to afford an 8LP boxset, hopefully it's not limited otherwise it will sell out so damn fast.
Yeah. I'm hoping the same. 8LP is gonna be between 120-200 depending on how premium they make it based on other releases. And with the way of the world right now, that's a big ask.
By ScoJo
Bezulsqy wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:39 pm
inksb wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:03 pm Thanks @bez, it's nice to have all this info in one place. Some great soundtracks coming.
I am not really exited about this list to be honest. I am looking forward more to the BOR and RR records coming.
We have such sights to show you....

By Bezulsqy
ScoJo wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:32 pm Fwiw I reckon the Kubrick soundtrack won't be Clockwork Orange based on what was said regarding Wendy Carlos rights during the panel. My guess would be Barry Lyndon? Surely not Full Metal Jacket anyway, which had a reissues a few years ago (although that doesn't seem to be stopping them with Tron: Legacy....)
I was thinking Full Metal Jacket because I can't imagine Barry Lyndon apparel and pins...
By ScoJo
Bezulsqy wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:35 pm
ScoJo wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:32 pm Fwiw I reckon the Kubrick soundtrack won't be Clockwork Orange based on what was said regarding Wendy Carlos rights during the panel. My guess would be Barry Lyndon? Surely not Full Metal Jacket anyway, which had a reissues a few years ago (although that doesn't seem to be stopping them with Tron: Legacy....)
I was thinking Full Metal Jacket because I can't imagine Barry Lyndon apparel and pins...
I don't think the 'apparel and pins' thing relates specifically to a particular OST reissue that they're doing (it hasn't in the past when they've done SK swag).

Their tease said 'viddy well' (ie Clockwork Orange) but as I say, I think reissue of that score is highly unlikely, so what they are teasing is both range of Kubrick shirts and stuff (inc Clockwork) PLUS the LPs (EWS and something else)

As usual, you have to be a super sleuth to decode all this teaser shit with Mongo ;) Btw I think you're right anyway, even though its already been reissued recently the most likely one is Full Metal Jacket since I imagine they were excited about getting one of their regular artists to bring it into the Mongo-style. Which to me means it is most likely to either be a) some comicbook looking nonsense, or b) some super minimal nonsense that doesn't fit vibe of the film at all. Either way, you can guarantee you'll have to get a good magnifying glass to hand to find mention of the composer on it ;-)

(sorry, im in a naughty mood today heh heh)
By deafmetal
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:12 pm Settle Note in Nero finally coming Wednesday.
...and inexplicably on white vinyl. Still have been looking forward to this release for about seven years now, haha.
Last edited by deafmetal on Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Spun out of control
Ha... just came here to talk about Sette Note in Nero

Finally!

Yeah, don't get the significance of the white vinyl (guess there may be a regular black retail version?) but not gonna complain as it's been a long wait for this one.

The bricked up outer cover design made me chuckle. Nice touch :)
Attachments
sette_FC_slip_extend_1024x1024.jpg
sette_FC_slip_extend_1024x1024.jpg (104.76 KiB) Viewed 7206 times
sette_FC_1024x1024.jpg
sette_FC_1024x1024.jpg (304.52 KiB) Viewed 7206 times
By inksb
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:12 pm Settle Note in Nero finally coming Wednesday.
Just saw that, very excited. And of course because they know they can charge $40 they do. They also have a 3 LP set for that new Samurai game and it's the same price. 2LP = 3LP ???
By havershaw
I think the bricked up outer cover is cool, but I think it’s also probably contributing to that $40 price tag.

I’m not gonna complain though, because I’ve been dying for this one to come out. Sure do wish there was a black vinyl though.
By deafmetal
@Spun - Agreed, Gavin, I will pick up a copy regardless, and the cut-out sleeve is quite appropriate. I am going to keep my eyes peeled over at LitA for a black vinyl retail copy though.