Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By havershaw
I ordered:

- the Visitor
- Tired Tape Machine
- Contraband
- Killer Nun

I’ve never heard Killer Nun and I know I could just look it up, but for $10, I decided it was worth it to be totally surprised.
By havershaw
When I got the Daughters of Darkness LP, I had only ever heard the very first song, so boy did I get a great surprise upon listening to the whole thing.
By monsterworship
I looked at my account and realized I hadn't ordered anything from Mondo since early June.

I grabbed the Boys OST and two test pressings, no free shipping.
By inksb
monsterworship wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:36 pm I looked at my account and realized I hadn't ordered anything from Mondo since early June.

I grabbed the Boys OST and two test pressings, no free shipping.
I think the free shipping ended last night. Kind of weird, usually they do this free shipping thing for a week.
By Hatter313
havershaw wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:08 pm I ordered:

- the Visitor
- Tired Tape Machine
- Contraband
- Killer Nun

I’ve never heard Killer Nun and I know I could just look it up, but for $10, I decided it was worth it to be totally surprised.

Man i remember ordering tired tape machine form spencer back when DW had its own site pre transmission. that is a great record.
By Revolver_OcelScott
Haha I love it. Ordered The Visitor the day the free shipping sale went up, package hasn't moved from label printed. Joel Grind, ordered Wednesday, arrived yesterday. Very odd.
By Mateo Sanboval
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:13 pm Haha I love it. Ordered The Visitor the day the free shipping sale went up, package hasn't moved from label printed. Joel Grind, ordered Wednesday, arrived yesterday. Very odd.
MONDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
By inksb
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:13 pm Haha I love it. Ordered The Visitor the day the free shipping sale went up, package hasn't moved from label printed. Joel Grind, ordered Wednesday, arrived yesterday. Very odd.
That's because they prioritized my copy of The Visitor which is out for delivery right now! Only one copy of The Visitor is allowed in NY at a time so I'm sure yours will ship in the next day or so :)
By Bezulsqy
not sure if these are going to be released under the Mondo or the DWRC banner but reading Mondo's newsletter from yesterday there is this:
We have a couple of other Kubrick gems up our sleeves for 2020 so stay tuned!
Oh man, BLADE RUNNER 2049 is one of my favorite sequels and the score from Ben Wallafisch & Hans Zimmer is not only a world builder but also a world beater. It’s dark, atmospheric and bombastic when it needs to be. I loved working on this and I for one am super excited to see Dune next year!
We started a David Cronenberg / Howard Shore series (that is still technically on-going, wink wink)...
regarding Marvel's cinematic universe scores:
We were privileged to be able to release each of these, and next year we have another 4+ titles that will continue this very discussion.
What Kubrick gems could it be? Eyes Wide Shut? Full Metal Jacket?

Cronenberg/Shore: I can only hope Videodrome! But there are a lot of other possibilities.

What is the Dune reference? Is there a remake/sequel/restoration on the way?
By NathanLurker
Bezulsqy wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:48 am What is the Dune reference? Is there a remake/sequel/restoration on the way?
Denis Villeneuve is making a new Dune adaptation movie. Or is is two movies ? Can't remember. But yeah, Spencer's talking about being excited for that upcoming movie.
By Bezulsqy
NathanLurker wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:40 pm
Bezulsqy wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:48 am What is the Dune reference? Is there a remake/sequel/restoration on the way?
Denis Villeneuve is making a new Dune adaptation movie. Or is is two movies ? Can't remember. But yeah, Spencer's talking about being excited for that upcoming movie.
Thanks for the info. I was unaware of this. Or forgot :-)
By ScoJo
Wow. Anyone check out Mongo's extended infommercial 'podcast' yet?

I couldnt make it past five minutes, just skipped through.

They do play a Videodrome track, so I guess that's in the works.
By skeletonbutt
the music mix "podcast" was more of a commercial i think, but i enjoyed those more than the first episode of the new iteration. i'd rather hear more music and less chatter, or at least more of a balance. i think they played a song from a non-mondo release? or at the very least they did talk about non-mondo albums. i'll listen and see what it evolves into. funny timing with TG announcing he's done with the DFC last week and then this new music podcast drops yesterday.
By Bezulsqy
ScoJo wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:22 am Wow. Anyone check out Mongo's extended infommercial 'podcast' yet?

Listening to it now. I assume you started skipping the moment you heard Knives Out?

I did not follow anything about that movie or score. Why is this a score to have? Different strokes for different folks of course...

About Mandalorian... I have no idea. I probably have only seen part IV to VI back in the day. Not my thing for some reason. Or it might be if I gave a chance, but I prefer other stuff more.

Thor-Ragnarock: maybe this year I am going to watch more Marvel... I did not the score was composed by Devo...

Next Marvel releases: Alan Silvestri's Infinity War and Endgame

Other releases:
Dolomite is my name (maybe I should watch more exploitation movies next year...)
Freaked (no idea but I liked the Butthole Surfers) 2LP score + songs it seems

50 or so releases and no Mondocon

Where is the Videodrome track? I need to revisit that movie... Is there a BR copy?
By ScoJo
Bezulsqy wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:41 am
ScoJo wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:22 am Wow. Anyone check out Mongo's extended infommercial 'podcast' yet?

Listening to it now. I assume you started skipping the moment you heard Knives Out?

I did not follow anything about that movie or score. Why is this a score to have? Different strokes for different folks of course...

About Mandalorian... I have no idea. I probably have only seen part IV to VI back in the day. Not my thing for some reason. Or it might be if I gave a chance, but I prefer other stuff more.

Thor-Ragnarock: maybe this year I am going to watch more Marvel... I did not the score was composed by Devo...

Other releases:
Dolomite is my name (maybe I should watch more exploitation movies next year...)

Where is the Videodrome track? I need to revisit that movie... Is there a BR copy?
I skipped once they started talking. Or rather, shilling. One loooong and very dull advert.

Videodrome is the first track. I have the OG, I suspect that this release will be a re-recording from some point in time. (I'm not even completely convinced that the Varese isn't a re-recording tbh.)

I loved Knives Out (the movie), don't recall noticing the score.

As I mentioned elsewhere, the Mandalorian is a really fun show, and the score is fantastic. I'll definitely get that, but probably happy with digital.

Happy infommercial everyone!

(the other thing that irked me tbh was the sheer thrown together amateurishness of this podcast.... sounds like it was recorded with a laptop mic in the warehouse, with Hickman on top of the mic and Shafeek sat in the corner...together with SH's final comment about please keep supporting us so we can do more crazy coloured vinyl.... ugh)
By Bezulsqy
ScoJo wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:49 am

Other releases:

I skipped once they started talking. Or rather, shilling. One loooong and very dull advert.

Videodrome is the first track. I have the OG, I suspect that this release will be a re-recording from some point in time. (I'm not even completely convinced that the Varese isn't a re-recording tbh.)

As I mentioned elsewhere, the Mandalorian is a really fun show, and the score is fantastic. I'll definitely get that, but probably happy with digital.

(the other thing that irked me tbh was the sheer thrown together amateurishness of this podcast.... sounds like it was recorded with a laptop mic in the warehouse, with Hickman on top of the mic and Shafeek sat in the corner...together with SH's final comment about please keep supporting us so we can do more crazy coloured vinyl.... ugh)
Aha!

Agree on the amateurishness. But in their defense about supporting them and coloured vinyl... I do feel they genuinely are thankful for a lot they are able to do and with the support they get from fans. I also don't think we would see all these strange old and new releases on vinyl if this revival hadn't become so big. And I think it became so big partly because of colored vinyl. In the end there has to be some sort of valid business case to be able to keep on releasing this stuff.
By ChrisMcQueen007
Bezulsqy wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:58 am
ScoJo wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:49 am

Other releases:

Aha!

Agree on the amateurishness. But in their defense about supporting them and coloured vinyl... I do feel they genuinely are thankful for a lot they are able to do and with the support they get from fans. I also don't think we would see all these strange old and new releases on vinyl if this revival hadn't become so big. And I think it became so big partly because of colored vinyl. In the end there has to be some sort of valid business case to be able to keep on releasing this stuff.
Fair points, Bez. I think one could still do a better job with such a podcast, even while doing some promoting of the own products (the Arrow video podcast does this very nicely imo).
By Revolver_OcelScott
Bezulsqy wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:41 am About Mandalorian... I have no idea. I probably have only seen part IV to VI back in the day. Not my thing for some reason. Or it might be if I gave a chance, but I prefer other stuff more.
I didn't hear the podcast, but did they talk about doing Mandalorian OST, or did they just talk about the show?
By Bezulsqy
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:56 am
Bezulsqy wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:41 am About Mandalorian... I have no idea. I probably have only seen part IV to VI back in the day. Not my thing for some reason. Or it might be if I gave a chance, but I prefer other stuff more.
I didn't hear the podcast, but did they talk about doing Mandalorian OST, or did they just talk about the show?
Only the show. And that they liked the score I believe.
By monsterworship
Don't care about a podcast but wanted to complain that I'm still waiting for my test pressings from two months ago, though they shipped out the Boys from the same order. was assured they are working on the orders as fast as they can.