Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Dr.Funtime
I bought two copies of MANIAC. Luckily, I got both the black AND white version of the LP. And they arrived promptly. Flawless score really....save for the last song, which could have easily been clipped, kicked, and tossed off the album. The vocals killed it (not in a good way)...ugh.
By jayderek18
ugh - still no shipping notice for Maniac. SDCC probably meant nothing was going out this week.
By glennmichael
I'm obsessed with Studio Ghibli.. Hopefully those aren't SDCC exclusives.
By pabloeterovic
for those waiting for your shipment, my oblivion copy arrived today, exactly 2 months wafter it whas shipped

great new work by mondo, also! as glennmichale said, I hope those aren't sdcc exclusives, like drive picture disc last year.
By glennmichael
Full press release. I don't normally care for variants, but i'd love to be able to pick up all three covers.

Mondo is thrilled to announce the limited edition vinyl release of a compilation of selections from five different Studio Ghibli films, featuring performances from the Czech Philharmonic Orchestra. Studio Ghibli Kokyo Kyokushu will include selections from PRINCESS MONONOKE, SPIRITED AWAY, HOWL’S MOVING CASTLE, THE CAT RETURNS, & MY NEIGHBORS THE YAMADAS. This collaboration was an especially exciting project for Mondo to be able to release this album for the first time ever on vinyl. Studio Ghibli Kokyo Kyokushu will be available for purchase on July 26 at mondotees.com.

There will be three different collectible versions of this album, each featuring a different piece of artwork from renowned Mondo artist, Tyler Stout, capturing elements from all five films across the Gatefold 2XLP packaging. One version, showcasing HOWL’S MOVING CASTLE, a with traditional Japanese Obi and all Japanese text, will premiere at the 2013 San Diego Comic-Con. Each album will also include two different colored vinyl as followed:

HOWL’S MOVING CASTLE (Japanese Variant) – Purple & Pink vinyl
PRINCESS MONONOKE – Red & Blue vinyl
SPIRITED AWAY – Yellow & Green vinyl

1. Chapter One – The Legend of Ashitaka
2. Chapter Four – Princess Mononoke
3. Chapter Eight – Ashitaka And San
4. The Theme of My Neighbors The Yamadas – Orchestral Version
5. Takashi And Matsuko’s Tango – Sinfonico
6. Always With Me – Orchestral Version
7. A Mysterious World
8. The Moving Castle
9. War War War
10. Cave Of The Mind
11. The Baron
12. Pastorale
13. Haru’s Memories

Tracks 1-3 From Symphonic Suite Princess Mononoke
Tracks 4-5 From My Neighbors The Yamadas – Classical Album
Tracks 7-10 From Howl’s Moving Castle – Image Symphonic Suite
Tracks 11-13 From The Cat Returns – Original Soundtrack Album
By hncreature
A completist's nightmare right there!
By fanboy
Wow, that's a lot of options. I'm really not sure which one I want. I would like the SDCC edition because of the Japanese text and OBI, but not sure how obtainable it will be.
By maxvelvet
Uhm, (luckily) I think I will pass on this release...I'm not into this kind of stuff (anyway I'm sure the music deserve a sumptuous release from Mondo!)
By layneharvey
damn, this wait on the Mondo Maniac shipment is killing me... i have emailed them and they responded with a message saying i should be receiving shipping info right away, but that was almost two weeks ago. they have never let me down, though, so i'm not worried. just impatient.
By frankyfastfeet
They must hate people from SC because i've also had no word in 2 weeks.
By FnordChan
There's now an entry for Studio G-Boy Bouillabaisse up on Discogs, giving us the following catalog number:

MOND-014 - Studio Ghibli Kokyo Kyokushu (Variants: Red/Blue, Green/Yellow, and Purple/Pink)

Here's an updated catalog listing:

MOND-001 – Maniac by Jay Chattaway (Variant: Red)
MOND-002 – The Beyond by Fabio Frizzi (Variant: Clear Turquoise)
MOND-003 – The Deadly Spawn by Michael Perilstein (Variant: Pink)
MOND-004 – Poltergeist by Jerry Goldsmith (Variants: Clear and Glow in the Dark)
MOND-005 – The Raid by Mike Shinoda and Joseph Trapanese (Variant: Smokey Grey)
MOND-006 – ???
MOND-007 – ???
MOND-008 – Drive by Cliff Martinez (Variants: Pink and Picture Disc)
MOND-009 – Oblivion by M83 (Variant: Clear)
MOND-010 - ???
MOND-011 - Maniac by Rob (Variant: White)
MOND-012 - ???
MOND-013 - ???
MOND-014 - Studio Ghibli Kokyo Kyokushu (Variants: Red/Blue, Green/Yellow, and Purple/Pink)

It may be that the different cover variations will each have their own catalog number, i.e. Princess Mononoke Red/Blue MOND-012, Spirited Away Yellow/Green MOND-013, and Howl's Moving Castle (w/ Japanese text and obi) Purple/Pink MOND-014. Otherwise, that leaves us with five catalog numbers that haven't been announced yet. To the best of my knowledge, Mondo has maintained radio silence since Comic Con and they didn't announce anything there that wasn't distributed on the show floor, so I reckon we'll have to wait and see.
By jayderek18
yeah this wait for Maniac is getting to be lame...and not even one mention in one of their blog posts explaining this.

Time to check back w/ them again...
By jayderek18
I just received an update on what is going on w/ Maniac - they are waiting on a shipment of the white vinyl copies from the factory. The customer service person said they had a few black vinyl copies available if I really wanted one, otherwise I'd be guaranteed a white one.

I opted to wait for the white. I'm comfortable now knowing what exactly the scoop is.
By NathanLurker
I ordered the Maniac Lp from Amazon.ca and received the white version :D
By FnordChan
Studio Ghibli: Kokyo Kyokushu goes on sale at a random time today. All three versions have the catalog number MOND-014, so my speculation about the cover variants having their own number can be completely disregarded. Also, if a price has been announced for this release, I haven't been able to find it; since the Drive OST was 2LPs for $25, hopefully the Ghibli compilations will be the same price.
By layneharvey
@fnordchan - yeah, all of the 2xLP sets have been $25, with the 1xLP releases being $20. shipping is typically around $7.00 for one or two records, depending on your location. pretty excited about this release, even though i haven't seen any of the movies. just looks like a really great presentation.
By layneharvey
@chuck - damn! i missed that. seems like a pretty elaborate package, so maybe it will be worth it.
By chuck
I hope so. We will soon find out!
By layneharvey
just ordered all three mondo Studio Ghibli covers! looks like they had some Howl's Moving Castle covers leftover from SDCC because it was on there and it sold out fast, but i lucked out and got one. i didn't know they were going to list all three separately, i thought it would be a random insert thing. i was only going to buy one copy, then saw all three were listed separately, i made a split second decision to grab them all. DAMN YOU, MONDO! :)
By layneharvey
i went ahead and ordered an extra copy of the following covers:

Spirited Away Version
Princess Mononoke Version

as soon as i receive them in the mail, i will post in the Vinyl Buddies thread to put them up for sale for list price plus shipping costs to anyone in other parts of the world. according to each item description, these are only available to US/Canada customers. if that is truly the case, then hopefully i can help at least two people out outside of the US/Canada.
By fanboy
I did the same thing as Layne. If any international people want Mononoke or Spirited Away I can help you out.
By glennmichael
I now know how you guys felt when DW maniac dropped. If someone wants to buy mononoke and spirited away for me.. I'm happy to PayPal you the costs plus a little bit extra right away.
By siforster
Just ordered the Mononoke cover!

Now - will someone please do the same sort of thing as this, but with Hisaishi's Kitano scores?

EDIT: Ballsballsballsballsballs. Just noticed the US/Canada bit. I suspect my cancellation confirmation will be swift and merciless. I should learn to read whole things in future :(