Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By anthony m
wow an original mondo maniac just sold on ebay for $75 buy it now. someone really lucked out on that
By pabloeterovic
any info about mondo july release?
By FnordChan
No news yet on the next Mondo release, but the Maniac spine number was confirmed on Twitter as #11, with Justin Ishmael promising that the missing spine numbers (6, 7, and 10 by my count) will be revealed in due time.

For those of you keeping track at home:

MOND-011 – Maniac (2013) by Rob (Variant: White)
By FnordChan
The movie is absolutely recommended. It's about a group of cops who start at the ground floor of a high rise apartment building owned by a drug lord and they have to fight their way to the top. Cue non stop ass kicking for an hour and a half. As for the soundtrack, it's Mike "Linkin Park" Shinoda working with the original Indonesian soundtrack by Joseph Trap An Ese and it has a bit of nu metal gamelan flair to it. Dig the track "Razors Out" for a sample.

In other Mondo news, this quote was offered up in a preview discussion of Mondo's San Diego Comic Con swag:

"We will be coming from Austin with our wares and setting up at Booth #936. At this booth, we will be releasing posters, shirts…. and, if everything goes right, records."

So far, no hint as to what those records may or may not be. Based on their blog post, it's going to be tough to get any SDCC-only releases unless you are at their booth in person and happen to be there when they make a drop, as they aren't announcing anything on Twitter in advance. Hopefully any vinyl releases at SDCC aren't exclusives or, at least, are only SDCC variants. We'll see how ugly things get soon enough.
By Jeff
I've been hearing rumors of a Pacific Rim release by Mondo. I hope it's that, because I don't want that and could pass it easily and wouldn't feel upset missing it.
By jayderek18
has anyone had their Maniac LP ship yet from Mondo?

I do LOVE their vinyl releases, but I hate the fact that one has to wait so many weeks for them to ship these out.
By Purplemule74
Hey Jayderek -

I received my Mondo Maniac last week on I believe Tuesday (or Wednesday). Mine was shipped to Arizona.
By ghostfires
@jayderek18 - I've had my copy of Maniac from Mondo for almost two weeks now. I've already had time to resell my black copy!

That Raid soundtrack is about the absolute worst soundtrack I've ever heard in my life. I hope the next release or two from Mondo makes up for that awful trash!
By static14
I'm hoping they'll release Conan next. The landscape format of the new poster would lend itself nicely to being adapted to a jacket and that round sticker would make great center labels. Fingers crossed!
By Jeff
Yeah 100% agree! I just hope it's NOT the SDCC exclusive if they get to a record release for that. I also hope the exclusive color is like brown or something. Or silver, the riddle of steel!
By jayderek18
thanks for the info guys.

I just emailed Mondo w/ my order number to see what the deal is and why my LP hasn't shipped.
By fanboy
I haven't received my Maniac yet either. I haven't been getting shipping notifications on any of the vinyl for the last couple releases.
By pabloeterovic
I got the same problem but with my Oblivion order. It was shipped on may 19th, and have not received it yet.
By fanboy
That's almost 2 months! Have you contacted Mondo?
By fanboy
My Mondo Maniac finally showed up yesterday and I got black like I was hoping. Haven't had a chance to spin it yet, but glad it's finally part of my collection.
By pabloeterovic
yes I have.

I live in Chile, so they are trying to figure where the order is lost.
My other Mondo orders arrived on time and in perfect condition.

By jayderek18
I was able to email their customer support - they responded that they didn't ship all of the Maniac orders out at once - they're doing some as they go along w/ their other poster orders.

Good to know it wasn't lost - but part of me always gets a little impatient when I pay for things (that aren't a preorder) that take forever to ship.

ah well! :)
By fanboy
That's how Mondo rolls these days with the slow shipping. They are slowly catching up on all their releases and should be back to normal soon.
By ghostfires
Yeah and hopefully they catch up on not ripping people off any longer with shipping charges too!

I paid $7 for shipping on Maniac...I'm literally 18 miles away from their Austin location, and I reuse their mailers to ship out records I sell...it always costs less than $4 WITH a tracking number to mail it out. That's quite a serious upcharge on shipping if you ask me.
By jayderek18
ghostfires> can't you just pick up their releases at Mondo itself? I thought that was an option for you locals...
By fanboy
If anybody is at SDCC, I'd really appreciate any help on Mondo releases at the con.
By ghostfires
@jayderek18 - no, not always. I've heard that they cut that off totally...that it was only an option for the first few records when they started. I could be wrong, but I heard it from a couple of fairly reliable sources in Austin, so I am believing them. And regardless - I live about 15 mins outside of Austin, and travel constantly for my job...I wouldn't have time to go down to Mondo and just hang out all day, waiting in line. I've heard horror stories about how long their lines turn out to be.