Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By carloscadaver
I am too, I will still be buying them and snagging hopefully both versions!
By Jeff
I'll get one because I like the art and won't get the print. I do prefer Death Waltz's though. Much nicer overall, at least in the pics we've seen.
By chuck
Anyone snag a poster?
By carloscadaver
I slept thru it, however I wasn't too thrilled with the art to begin with. The vinyl tomorrow will be the ticket, so I can HOPEFULLY trade a copy with a UK person that wants to flip their DW Maniac copy!
By unpopular_poet
It is strange -- in the comments section, it states that they can in fact ship the Mondo release to the UK -- I know licensing changes from deal to deal, but if this is true, I am kind of bummed that I couldn't buy my DW version the old fashion way. No matter, I will end up with a copy anyway. The real question is whether or not I bother trying to get a mondo copy now!

By Bub
Maybe they got confused & thought the question was directed at the poster since they mention both LP & poster in the same article.
By monsterworship
is there a limit on the qty of records you can buy from mondo?
i have only ever ordered 1 but wanted to pick up 2 or 3.
By brainacherecords
I picked up the purple/pink colour one mainly cause it was cheaper.
I would like a copy of the record from them as well but I assume by the time I'm paid on Thursday it'll be sold out.
By monsterworship
no mention on Mondo about not shipping out of the USA. weird.
By Jeff
I know people in other countries who had orders process. Yeah, no idea what's up with this situation now.
By deathwaltz
Really ?

Anyone in the UK or France ?
By unpopular_poet
I couldn't find anything on the site just now which would indicate no shipping to the UK or France. I do know that it allows you to chose UK or France as a shipping destination. I don't know whether or not it will complete the order though. I assume it would, as it is all automated.
By dave_ida
I'm in the UK and couldn't resist this... I ordered it and it went through ok...hmmm..maybe a 1 sided deal I think?
By FnordChan
@monsterworship - The number of copies of vinyl you can buy at once varies from release to release; some have been unlimited and it looks like Maniac is limited to four copies.

Also, in their blog comments someone at Mondo said they're happy to ship to the UK, so it looks like they're not concerned about shipping overseas.

Meanwhile, I'm on the fence about ordering a copy myself - I like the look of the Death Waltz release much more but would have to work out a deal with a vinyl buddy to get it shipped to the US. I am curious to see what the numbering of Maniac is and whether it'll fill in one of the MOND-006 and MOND-007 gaps or if this will be MOND-010.
By dave_ida
Hi FnordChan...I think you are right ...the DW release looks far better..I bought all 3 versions they arrived today and they are wonderful!! Had to get the Mondo version too...all their other releases have been exceptional IMO..if you want the DW versions I'm in the UK and can buddy if you like?
By andi
Anyone bought two copies an would sell a copy at cost? I NEED THE MONDO One! Wasn't online when it went up. Damn it. I thought it would last longer.
By Dalen
I ending up snagging a copy of Mondo's Maniac because I missed out on the Death Waltz edition. :-(
By Conal Cochran
Spence is there a way you could find out if Mondo is shipping MANIAC to the UK? Clearly you need to wait long enough for someone that ordered it today actually ends up receiving it in the UK. That would piss me the fuck off. I love the cover of your MANIAC release. It reminds me of Tourist Trap and I am dying to get the picture disc. I hate picture discs, and I want that one because of the art on the disc. Mannequins freak me out. Not to mention that I'd rather give my money/support to you.
Well I certainly don't want to bum you out on your Birthday and chances are that since it 11:20 PM on a Friday in the UK, you are out somewhere celebrating and tuned up. Hope you are having a god one!
By phantasm
this is all sort of refreshingly "1980's" in the last couple of weeks. with a healthy dash of SUB POP "mania" thrown in.
By deathwaltz
Jeff could you drop me an email?
By deathwaltz
Dave could you drop me an email too ?
By tailofthecomet
me too, i agree, Drokk album is GREAT go get it
By Jeff
I really want that Drokk box/tin set but shipping to the US makes it not worth it. I should just buy the regular LP from Soundstage or something.

I ordered my copy of this. I just re-watched the original last night to freshen up my memory. I'm gonna watch the new version with my wife this weekend.
By Jeff
It looks like Mondo canceled non-US orders.
By unpopular_poet
So, apparently, There are now copies of Mondo's Maniac back up for sale on their site, and there is language that it is for shipping only in the US and that all other orders are subject to cancellation. Interesting development.