Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By reddye6
inksb wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:19 pm you guys wanna know what fucked up a young inks? I was going through our drawer of VHS tapes when I was a around 5 or 6, I put in a tape I thought had one of my movies on it, it did not, it had Full Metal Jacket and just so happened to be stopped right before the suicide scene. Well I watched that and while I didn't know what it was, the imagery of that scene were burned into my head permanently, it was something that would randomly pop into my head for years and I didn't quite understand why. I watched Full Metal Jacket in my teens and it clicked, I finally realized what this scene that had haunted me from a young age was from. It was a strange feeling of relief.

The Shining had a similar situation for me with the bathtub scene. And at some point I caught an image of Freddy Krueger at a very young age that caused me to have a recurring nightmare for almost a decade of a giant Freddy killing me in the bathroom at a house I lived in when I was 4 years old. Kinder trauma
As a young teen I had a couple of nightmares about Uncle Deadly from The Muppet Show. Oh, and a number of nightmares as a kid about the green, animated snakes from "Doc Savage: The Man of Bronze."

Your trauma is better than mine.
By Bub
I gotta thank Mondo/DW sometimes for giving me that little nudge needed to finally knock an OG off the wantlist.
By deafmetal
reddye6 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:27 pm
inksb wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:19 pm you guys wanna know what fucked up a young inks? I was going through our drawer of VHS tapes when I was a around 5 or 6, I put in a tape I thought had one of my movies on it, it did not, it had Full Metal Jacket and just so happened to be stopped right before the suicide scene. Well I watched that and while I didn't know what it was, the imagery of that scene were burned into my head permanently, it was something that would randomly pop into my head for years and I didn't quite understand why. I watched Full Metal Jacket in my teens and it clicked, I finally realized what this scene that had haunted me from a young age was from. It was a strange feeling of relief.

The Shining had a similar situation for me with the bathtub scene. And at some point I caught an image of Freddy Krueger at a very young age that caused me to have a recurring nightmare for almost a decade of a giant Freddy killing me in the bathroom at a house I lived in when I was 4 years old. Kinder trauma
As a young teen I had a couple of nightmares about Uncle Deadly from The Muppet Show. Oh, and a number of nightmares as a kid about the green, animated snakes from "Doc Savage: The Man of Bronze."

Your trauma is better than mine.
These are some great stories. @inks the giant Freddy would be intense, yikes. I think mine were a bit tame in comparison but the woman's cyborg transformation in Superman III was horrifying to me as a young kid. A few of those early 80's practical effects transformations would creep me out like in Troll or Swamp Thing.
By Revolver_OcelScott
So Mondo announced a 3LP Dune OST. Said it was limited to 3k units, one time pressing.

So of course, I rush and order it. It sells out, then they say keep an eye out for the Black Version next year....

Can you not hype up a ONE TIME ONLY GET IT ASAP, to then get all the FOMO sales to announce the good version?
By ScoJo
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:36 pm So Mondo announced a 3LP Dune OST. Said it was limited to 3k units, one time pressing.

So of course, I rush and order it. It sells out, then they say keep an eye out for the Black Version next year....

Can you not hype up a ONE TIME ONLY GET IT ASAP, to then get all the FOMO sales to announce the good version?
It is, as they say here in England mate, a ‘Cunt’s Trick’.
By Hatter313
Glad to hear it as i completely forgot about this release and its been ages since i've had to worry about mondo selling out. rather get the black these days anyway
By inksb
I'm waiting to see the film before I buy anything related to it. The reviews have been kind of middling so I'm keeping my expectations in check.
By Hatter313
inksb wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:54 pm I'm waiting to see the film before I buy anything related to it. The reviews have been kind of middling so I'm keeping my expectations in check.
also this.
By deafmetal
Wha.. the one with the unfortunate-looking cover? Anybody else not like to listen to albums before they watch a really anticipated new film? I know it's been delayed for a year or so, but still, I don't want to memorize all the cues before I see it. On top of that, I really don't want the OST to have a "one time only pressing" sell out before I could even listen to it, so I am glad to see the black vinyl being planned. Hopefully they change the cover art... lol.
By Revolver_OcelScott
I do try to wait to see the movie first, especially as song titles are sometimes spoilers. I have Halloween Kills sitting on my player waiting until after I see the film on Friday.

I didn't wait on the Dune record because Hanz is usually pretty reliable, and as it was limited, if I don't like it, I know I can break even at the very least.

As an aside, got my copies of Metal Gear 2 and Snakes Revenge from Mondo. Both sporting lovely 2-3 inch seam splits!
By Bezulsqy
This is a pre-order for February so even if you ordered it the chances were high that you had the opportunity to watch it first.
I am going to see it tomorrow. And the score I probably will never get.
By inksb
The new normal with anything limited. Just look up Nintendo's N64 Switch controllers. Limited, $50 and selling on ebay for well over $100.
By Hatter313
I can’t remember the last time this happened with a mondo release I wanted. Hopefully the black will be more plentiful because this is actually one that’s high on my list
By Revolver_OcelScott
It's funny. I bought the color when Mondo sneakily made it sound that it was a one time pressing... Only to announce after that the COLOR was a one time pressing. I might be tempted to sell my color when it comes in at those prices and order the black.

Probably will level off price wise once the black launches. I didn't buy with the intent to "scalp" or make money, but that's the world of vinyl I guess.
By Revolver_OcelScott
Hatter313 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:19 pm I can’t remember the last time this happened with a mondo release I wanted. Hopefully the black will be more plentiful because this is actually one that’s high on my list
I'm betting the black will be pressed in a way higher amount.
By tim28212
I was on the road to Florida Wednesday so I missed the release of Hook which is sold out and going for stupid prices on ebay now. If anyone knows where I might still be able to get one let me know. Much appreciated.
By inksb
tim28212 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:28 pm I was on the road to Florida Wednesday so I missed the release of Hook which is sold out and going for stupid prices on ebay now. If anyone knows where I might still be able to get one let me know. Much appreciated.
I believe they are repressing it in 2022.