Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Hatter313
This explains why the anthology re-recording keeps catching me off guard, I’m so used to the expanded CD master that the first note always sounds off on the “right” version.
By Peek-a-boo
Given the sound issues mentioned on the quality of the vinyl and also the poor source, would people recommend me holding off buying this release and waiting to see if a better re-issue comes along? It's £36 at my local shop, so certainly not cheap. thanks guys!
By DigitalHiss
ScoJo wrote:
DigitalHiss wrote:Has anyone checked it against an original CD/cassette copy?
I checked against the 2CD expanded Lala Land edition - as deduced by the above sleuths, same issue evident at start of Pork Chop Express. So Mondo definitely used that master for the release, no question.
I was wondering if this problem existed before that La La Land release, or did their fiddling with the tapes produce this wonky sound?

I also wonder if it was wonky in the actual film!
By chiefbrody
Did anyone else order this from Zavvi? I ordered it about 2 months ago and still don't have it. I'm now feeling stubborn about keeping my order til they get it in stock, rather than cancel and get it elsewhere (it's EVERYWHERE else).

Is Zavvi usually this rubbish? I haven't used them in years, and never for vinyl.
By monsterworship
chiefbrody wrote:Did anyone else order this from Zavvi? I ordered it about 2 months ago and still don't have it. I'm now feeling stubborn about keeping my order til they get it in stock, rather than cancel and get it elsewhere (it's EVERYWHERE else).

Is Zavvi usually this rubbish? I haven't used them in years, and never for vinyl.
i'm still waiting for mine from mondo!?

i ordered it with the matching print and i know it said they wouldn't ship til Nov.
i think they had to repress the record as well, so that's probably what they are waiting on.
By Mateo Sanboval
monsterworship wrote:i think they had to repress the record as well, so that's probably what they are waiting on.
Because it sold out?
By monsterworship
Mateo Sanboval wrote:
monsterworship wrote:i think they had to repress the record as well, so that's probably what they are waiting on.
Because it sold out?
right but they did the thing where they sell out the initial allotment and then preorder to make more.

but i ordered the second it went up, i should have ordered it separately from the poster cause I don't think they will send partial shipments.
By chiefbrody
monsterworship wrote:
chiefbrody wrote:Did anyone else order this from Zavvi? I ordered it about 2 months ago and still don't have it. I'm now feeling stubborn about keeping my order til they get it in stock, rather than cancel and get it elsewhere (it's EVERYWHERE else).

i'm still waiting for mine from mondo!?

i ordered it with the matching print and i know it said they wouldn't ship til Nov.
i think they had to repress the record as well, so that's probably what they are waiting on.
Thanks for the info @monster. That's probably it. It's annoying that it's available elsewhere (but 20%+ more expensive). That's why I'm being made to wait 8,000,000% longer than everyone else!