Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By SpaceCadet
Mine never shipped in time for Halloween. :(

I guess the standard black is shipping after the green variant?
By bpwlogan
I just received my shipping notice from SoundStage Direct for this edition of Alien. I usually just but directly from Mondo, but SSD gave me a great discount offer on this purchase; Cujo is coming along with. I'm looking forward to this drop, it's been a long preorder.
By Mateo Sanboval
bpwlogan wrote:I just received my shipping notice from SoundStage Direct for this edition of Alien. I usually just but directly from Mondo, but SSD gave me a great discount offer on this purchase; Cujo is coming along with. I'm looking forward to this drop, it's been a long preorder.
Green or black, hermano?
By bpwlogan
@Mateo-I think it's the black one. I'm pretty sure that SSD always gets standard black pressings from Mondo. I hope that's the case my friend!
By Mateo Sanboval
bpwlogan wrote:@Mateo-I think it's the black one. I'm pretty sure that SSD always gets standard black pressings from Mondo. I hope that's the case my friend!
Looking forward to your review!
By SpaceCadet
Yeah I contacted Mondo referring to the black order, they simply said "it's coming soon."

I'm not even mad, I just want it in my hands!
By Hatter313
4lp shipping out soon. I asked Mo about it last weekend when I was down there and he said they were getting them in in the next week and then starting to ship out in the week or so afterwards so they should start shipping probably middle of this week then. He said they needed some days to recover from the con and then that was their plan, he also said they were on track for nothing to be unschooled that’s already been ordered for the rest of the year so jaws should be soon as well.
By SpaceCadet
Received and it sounds beautiful on my admittedly low end setup! Such a cool and atmospheric score, another win for le Mondo in mi libro.
By flapdoodle
I got the black vinyl for Xmas.

I must have got the Rice Crispies edition.

Music is fantastic and atmospheric, but this is going back to the shop. I expect better quality for 40 pounds.
By blue15
flapdoodle wrote:I got the black vinyl for Xmas.

I must have got the Rice Crispies edition.

Music is fantastic and atmospheric, but this is going back to the shop. I expect better quality for 40 pounds.
What setup do you use to clean your vinyl?
By Pain_Bubbles
I had to return the black vinyl version too, lots of crackle and non fill on all sides. Sadly Batman returns is only slightly better.
Such a shame to see Mondo having QC issues again, they had a great run for a while and Black Swan and Army of Darkness are some of the best pressed records in my collection.
Perhaps the holidays are putting pressure on the pressing plants?
Anyway at 65€ for a record this should not be an issue, I canceled Jaws and am still contemplating returning Batman Returns.
By scottydoo
thats a shame to hear , my 4LP was great except for LP3 but got a replacment sent to the UK in under 2 weeks , very happy. just listened to my Blue Jaws sounds great . Only Listened to LP1 of Batman Expanded so far and very happy gonna spin the rest today whilst packing orders .