Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Bub
While the Grammy-winning 1975 MCA album was a re-recording, Mondo’s 2XLP set presents the entire Academy Award-winning score as composed and recorded for the actual film in its first-ever vinyl release.

I was not aware of that. This is awesome!
By deafmetal
A must... absolutely required, and also offered for preorder on black vinyl! Thank you, Mondo.
By chiefbrody
deafmetal wrote:A must... absolutely required, and also offered for preorder on black vinyl! Thank you, Mondo.
There's no more needs to be said about this release. Must-have.
By deafmetal
chiefbrody wrote:There's no more needs to be said about this release. Must-have.
I also love the cover art!
By Mateo Sanboval
NMA wrote:Late October 2017
Up for pre-order...

https://mondotees.com/products/jaws-mus ... -pre-order
I was ignorant of this release. Thanks, NMA.
Bub wrote:While the Grammy-winning 1975 MCA album was a re-recording, Mondo’s 2XLP set presents the entire Academy Award-winning score as composed and recorded for the actual film in its first-ever vinyl release.

I was not aware of that. This is awesome!
I don't believe I was either, Bub.
deafmetal wrote:A must... absolutely required, and also offered for preorder on black vinyl! Thank you, Mondo.
Seconded. Although I will say that the blue looks dead lovely.

PS - Is this an open edition like Alien.

PPS - Speaking of colored vinyl and Alien, as we were, have there been any photos of what the green blood variant is meant to look like?
By SpaceCadet
My favorite film ever, paired with a company I love? Pre-bought like a motherfucker on that sweet sweet black vinyl.
By Bezulsqy
Very good news. Still do not own a copy... I am probably getting this in October from Transmission or some other EU store. Have been putting off ordering from the States. Very happy to see that a lot of the essential releases are getting larger runs so the chance of missing out is getting much smaller.
By SpaceCadet
Bezulsqy wrote:Very happy to see that a lot of the essential releases are getting larger runs so the chance of missing out is getting much smaller.
Right? The dual header of large prints and black vinyl is making me so happy. I thought we were taking a turn for the worse there for awhile in terms of ultra gimmick status approaching in certain business practices.
By bpwlogan
The blue varient looks nice, but I have to go with the black one on this drop. I just can't see getting the blue one on a 45 speed release. Mondo really kicks out a great sounding black vinyl. I need to make an order soon!
By Hoverbot
Whoa. I found this soundtrack at a goodwill about a year ago (in pretty good shape, I might add), but this will literally blow it out of the water! Pun intended...
By DigitalHiss
If you've ordered it you must have gotten the email I just got...Jaws delayed until early December due to "unexpected manufacturing delays"...
By SpaceCadet
Yeah I saw that too. I'm all for strict quality control after being burned in the past.........
By Mateo Sanboval
SpaceCadet wrote:Yeah I saw that too. I'm all for strict quality control after being burned in the past.........
Yep. Same here, Cadet. I am not a huge fan of long preorder windows, but I'd rather this kind of thing get pushed further out and done right before it gets to the consumer's hands, than have a The Thing situation (which I'm still dealing with).
By Mateo Sanboval
Did they pull this from the site? I can't find the order page.
By DigitalHiss
Mateo Sanboval wrote:Did they pull this from the site? I can't find the order page.
Can't find it on the mondo site...

I googled "Jaws vinyl Mondo"..clicked the link and got "404 Error Not Found"
By Mateo Sanboval
Same here.
By SpaceCadet
Mateo Sanboval wrote:
SpaceCadet wrote:Yeah I saw that too. I'm all for strict quality control after being burned in the past.........
Yep. Same here, Cadet. I am not a huge fan of long preorder windows, but I'd rather this kind of thing get pushed further out and done right before it gets to the consumer's hands, than have a The Thing situation (which I'm still dealing with).
I'll never forget the experience of finally receiving The Fountain after so many years of wondering and being so profoundly disappointed- twas my first Mondo total dud (and hopefully the last).

Jaws is so fantastic I'm glad they're really making sure.
By blue15
I clicked on my JAWS order in my Mondo account and it goes to a 404 Page Not Found.
By DigitalHiss
"Jaws LP? What Jaws LP? We never said anything about a Jaws LP.."

j/k..though I don't recall things that are delayed being removed from a website. Weird.
By SpaceCadet
I'm beginning to feel they're update on it being "right on track" was a teeeeease!
By Hatter313
I got mine a few days ago, haven’t listened to it yet, but I’ll report back when I do
By Mateo Sanboval
texasvinyl wrote:Mine is pretty noisy unfortunately
That stinks.