Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Hatter313
So this came out of the blue already...and last year it was such a long time till the announcement, haha.

https://mondotees.com/pages/mondocon

Already looking forward to the annual Saturday night drink w/ @deafmetal and @MonsterWorship

New location too, more centralized in the city it looks like. Should be cool to see more of the downtown, will be easier to explore different things than in that sort of out of the way part of the city we were in, although I did find a really awesome peruvian restaurant in that strip mall last year haha.
By The Cult Leader
Happy they announced early this year, just makes everything easier. I'm all set, tickets bought, and hotel booked.

See you guys in NovemberImage
By Hatter313
Well looks like we will be heading up the New York representation as usual :)
By reddye6
If a MondoCon attendee were able to buy a copy of the Portal soundtrack vinyl for me, I'd be quite happy and would send you money ASAP. I'm in the US, so shipping would be straightforward.

Thank you in advance!
Mike
By Mateo Sanboval
Hey, Reddye. In case that doesn't happen, there's another version (different colored wax, same package) going up online in the near future. Also, I'd bet there will be Con variant leftovers onine as well; they have 1K of them.

Maybe you already knew all that and, if so, please ignore my redundant ramblings.
By reddye6
Mateo Sanboval wrote:Hey, Reddye. In case that doesn't happen, there's another version (different colored wax, same package) going up online in the near future. Also, I'd bet there will be Con variant leftovers onine as well; they have 1K of them.

Maybe you already knew all that and, if so, please ignore my redundant ramblings.
Thanks for passing that along! If I get a MondoCon version, it'll be nice, but the regular will also be fine as well. Someday I'd like to attend. I'd also like a pony.
By Little Walter
Alright, I'll be getting back to y'all individually Monday, but just wanted to post on here the good news: I got a dozen Batman Returns, a few Portal, and a few Suspiria as well, so you guys are gonna be taken care of without fighting the Mondo website shenanigans. I got a couple of special things for a few of you who messaged me, and a few things I'll post for sale on here so y'all can have a whack at them.

Some special announcements at the soundtrack panel: Waxwork's doing Night of the Living Dead & Manhunter (!!!), and Death Waltz' reissue of They Live will AWE YOU.

Thank you everyone who sent me money in advance as my coffers indeed got near empty. I'll post pictures in the morning; cheers compatriots!
By Mateo Sanboval
Thanks loads, Walter! You are the MVP of STBC right now.
By reddye6
Mateo Sanboval wrote:Thanks loads, Walter! You are the MVP of STBC right now.
Most Valuable Purchaser!
By skeletonbutt
Little Walter wrote:Death Waltz' reissue of They Live will AWE YOU.
Goddamn it, I just bought their previous version of this last week. Is there any difference between the two?
By Little Walter
Still cycling the chaos, but here's the main load:

skeletonbutt wrote:Goddamn it, I just bought their previous version of this last week. Is there any difference between the two?
I love the original art, but this art is completely different, and stunning (borderline supernatural). I imagine it's the same master.

Spencer also mentioned a Singin' in the Rain is in the works. But I might be the only one pumped about that . . .

I'll be sending out invoices hopefully today, and begin shipping tomorrow.
By Mateo Sanboval
Fuckin' impressive.
By Little Walter
Obi strip release info:

Batman Returns: Magnolia, Edward Scissorhands, Fury Road reissue, Batman (1989), Midnight Special

Suspiria: House on the Edge of the Park, My Dear Killer, Frankenstein 80
By craiged
Looks very cool. Wish I had the chance to go, maybe if I win the lotto!!

Will be looking to get the Deadly Avenger, Dust Witch, Portal & Batman releases when they come online
By deafmetal
Looking forward to House on the Edge of the Park. I have heard there is a promo for the Riz Ortolani score, but I'm not sure if that's really true. Anybody know the material that might be on this? I'm sure the original songs will be on there.

Also, I agree with @Bez, let's see some more photos!
By skeletonbutt
Little Walter wrote:
skeletonbutt wrote:Goddamn it, I just bought their previous version of this last week. Is there any difference between the two?
I love the original art, but this art is completely different, and stunning (borderline supernatural). I imagine it's the same master.
Ahh, okay, I don't feel as bad now. I don't particularly care for Ghoulish Gary's style but artwork alone isn't enough to warrant an upgrade. Thanks for the info.
By reddye6
skeletonbutt wrote:
Little Walter wrote:
Ahh, okay, I don't feel as bad now. I don't particularly care for Ghoulish Gary's style but artwork alone isn't enough to warrant an upgrade. Thanks for the info.
Does the new version come with special glasses to see a hidden layer to the artwork?
By texasvinyl
They had The Last of Us? Fantastic score and one people have been frothing at the mouth over since it came out
By frozeneyeball
Little Walter wrote:Still cycling the chaos, but here's the main load:

Spencer also mentioned a Singin' in the Rain is in the works. But I might be the only one pumped about that . . .

I'll be sending out invoices hopefully today, and begin shipping tomorrow.
Hi Walter, what’s with the 2 different spines for Suspiria? Were there 2 different versions?
By Mateo Sanboval
There may be three different versions of Suspiria from DWRC when it's all said and done.
By Little Walter
My signed LPs (no, I do not have a pile of these for everyone, sadly):

And my Graveface loot:

reddye6 wrote:Does the new version come with special glasses to see a hidden layer to the artwork?
Very warm indeed.
texasvinyl wrote:They had The Last of Us? Fantastic score and one people have been frothing at the mouth over since it came out
They had one underneath the racks (oh yes, I've done this before), and I nabbed that sucka.
frozeneyeball wrote:Hi Walter, what’s with the 2 different spines for Suspiria? Were there 2 different versions?
The two with different spines are the same as the others, their obis are just in the front of the package instead of wrapped around the side. The other versions simply have a different color wax.