Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By bpwlogan
That bug powder varient looks pretty cool. I might pick one of those up instead of the black one. I think portions of the Naked Lunch score were taken from Ornette Coleman's Dancing in Your Head release. I'm not for sure on this though. I haven't seen the film in a long time.
By Mateo Sanboval
That's exactly right, BPW. Midnight Sunrise is the track of which you speak.
By bpwlogan
Thanks Mateo. I just was at my storage locker and ran across my copy of Dancing in Your Head. I'm going to give it a spin a little bit. It's been a while.
Last edited by bpwlogan on Wed May 25, 2016 8:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By Dollarhyde
Cool! Never knew this, makes sense though. It has been far too long since I last saw Naked Lunch. Gonna have to cop the LP now.

Maybe a STBC movie sync candidate?
By Mateo Sanboval
Dollarhyde wrote:Cool! Never knew this, makes sense though. It has been far too long since I last saw Naked Lunch. Gonna have to cop the LP now.

Great idea. I'd be up for a Cronenberg for certain. Any of them actually.
By Dollarhyde
Mateo Sanboval wrote:
Dollarhyde wrote:Cool! Never knew this, makes sense though. It has been far too long since I last saw Naked Lunch. Gonna have to cop the LP now.

Great idea. I'd be up for a Cronenberg for certain. Any of them actually.
Definetely, videodrome also!
By deafmetal
I would love to see the Film Club start up again. I bumped the thread a few times with ideas, but no responses so far. Agreed, any Cronenberg would be great.
By Hatter313
I'd try to make that one for sure!
By Dollarhyde
Just copped Naked Lunch along with the Blood Stained Shadow, $13 postage :)

Don't know if the chief is around to participate in a movie sync, maybe we should have a Cronenberg sync Vote.
By bpwlogan
I just jumped on one too. I haven't ordered directly from Mondo in a while. It's nice they lowered their shipping prices to $5.
By Mateo Sanboval
Yeah, we just all hang out together, catch a flick, and alternate cooing over and talking shit about said film. It's kind of the best.
Last edited by Mateo Sanboval on Thu May 26, 2016 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Hatter313
I only ever made it to the first one with Zombi, but it was one of the most pleasant "evenings at home" I've ever had.
By deafmetal
For those of you not reading the Movie Club thread, I have set up a poll to choose a synced viewing date in June for Naked Lunch. Please vote for a date/time (in UK time) here:

https://pollev.com/marklancaste612

I will close the poll this Sunday, June 5th.
Last edited by deafmetal on Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
By deafmetal
June 26th is the winner for the Naked Lunch screening. Please vote again on the time (in UK BST):

https://pollev.com/marklancaste612

I will close the new poll next Sunday, and then set up the sync thread.

Just had a listen to the 45rpm Mondo 2LP today. Smooth as silk in those bugpowder-colored grooves. Great listen and an excellent package by Mondo.
By Dollarhyde
Cheers for organising this deaf, Anytime is good for me, but voted for 9pm.

Just received the LP which is sounding superb.

Really looking forward to seeing the film again. Don't think I've seen it in 15 or 20 years. Remember it blowing my mind though.

On a side note I also received the bloodstained shadow, man what killer record! embarrassing LTTP for this one.
By Bezulsqy
Dollarhyde wrote:
On a side note I also received the bloodstained shadow, man what killer record! embarrassing LTTP for this one.
Absolutely a killer record! But what does LTTP mean?
By Dollarhyde
@Bezulsqy

Late To The Party.

Or Link To The Past if your a zelda fan ;)

I meant to write embarrassing'ly' which may have made it a bit more cryptic.
By Bezulsqy
Haha. Thanks for the explanation. Using google I found the Link To The Past meaning... And I wasn't able to combine that with that record.
By Mateo Sanboval
Looks like CRASH is up at the Mondo shop. I must've missed an email. I will be picking this up right quick. Can't say enough about how pleased I am that these Shore scores are getting nice releases.
By Hatter313
I don't know if i'll do Crash, but i'm waiting to pick up dead ringers in-store as i quite like the color choice on the retail versions cover. Naked Lunch stayed not he deck for quite some time :)