Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Hatter313
Obi for the invitation teased these guys. looks like the cronenberg/shore series continues. can't wait!
By Mateo Sanboval
Hatter313 wrote:Obi for the invitation teased these guys. looks like the cronenberg/shore series continues. can't wait!
Wicked. Thanks for the info, Hatter. I don't remember the Crash score all that well, but I think I liked it; I'll have to revisit it soon. On the other hand, I love Naked Lunch. Shore and Coleman are in top form there in my opinion. I wonder which tracklist Mondo will present, the standard 18 or the 24 featured on the Howe Records 2014 CD remaster? I'm in either way since it's never had a vinyl release.
By deafmetal
Excellent news. Very excited to see more Cronenberg/Shore collaborations issued on vinyl. I also need to revisit the score for Crash, which is a bit foggy to me as well.

Naked Lunch will be forever etched into the dark recesses of my mind. I went to a screening of that film back in the day with no info about the film beforehand, and my friends and I had all poorly misjudged the proper dose of a certain substance before heading over to the theater...
By Mateo Sanboval
Please tell me it was a hallucinogen. Lie to me if you need to. Just please God tell me it was so.
By deafmetal
@Mateo - Fear & Loathing in Interzone. The peak moments of the film were akin to sheer mental horror. Afterwards, I have memories of a friend shutting themselves in the bathroom and having a minor breakdown over the whole experience. Incredible night.
By Mateo Sanboval
Oh, that's magnificent. Closest I can come is dropping acid as a freshman in college and going to see Dusk Til Dawn with three friends. All we knew was that Tarantino was involved. When the vampires showed up, our brains melted. We never saw it coming.
By Hatter313
oh man i just rematched FDTD the other day and am always amazed at the way that movie shifts tone like that. its a full hour of tense violent crime drama before they even get to the bar.
By Hatter313
ok, so i've been noticed that my computer auto corrects reWATCHED to rematched almost every time...

It's like I'm boxing with my blu ray collection
By Hatter313
fantastic...can't wait. :)
By The Cult Leader
Some sweet Rich Kelly artwork for the Naked Lunch soundtrack teased.

On the topic of psychedelics, I dropped 2 tabs of acid on Friday followed by a huge bowl of DMT once I started to come down off the acid. I haven't tripped in over 2 years, but my buddy said that he had finally found some DMT and wanted to try it since we never done it before.

Most intense experience of my life. It's a whole other beast.
Attachments
FB_IMG_1464044115821.jpg
FB_IMG_1464044115821.jpg (46.68 KiB) Viewed 11583 times
By deafmetal
@Cult - Excellent, sounds like quite the evening. I have yet to experience the dee em tee. One for the bucket list.

The artwork for Naked Lunch looks pretty damn spectacular. Well done, Mondo.
By Mateo Sanboval
The Cult Leader wrote:Some sweet Rich Kelly artwork for the Naked Lunch soundtrack teased.

On the topic of psychedelics, I dropped 2 tabs of acid on Friday followed by a huge bowl of DMT once I started to come down off the acid. I haven't tripped in over 2 years, but my buddy said that he had finally found some DMT and wanted to try it since we never done it before.

Most intense experience of my life. It's a whole other beast.
Welcome to the tribe.
By deafmetal
@Hatter - Thank you for posting that. I am really liking the cover art for these, especially Naked Lunch. Very exciting. Glad to see Mondo carrying the torch for all these Shore/Cronenberg collaborations.

@Million$ - It's bound to come up along with Burroughs, or even Cronenberg for that matter. ;)
By Hatter313
Naked lunch and Dead ringers are definite for me, love both of those scores..Crash as a film crosses my fairly high weird threshold and i'm not crazy familiar with the score.
By Mateo Sanboval
Excited to read about Dead Ringers being in the mix as well. These will be welcome additions to the shelf.

PS - STBC 2016 field trip to Peru? Don't forget your permission slips!
By deafmetal
The email newsletter just went out. Available on "bug powder" color vinyl and black vinyl:
The bug powder tribute is quite appropriate. I am glad to see a solid color or black being offered for this one though, as I had poor luck with two different copies of the Scanners/Brood splatter LP's being scratched up with vinyl grit from the factory.
By EvanCampbell
Yes excellent news about Dead Ringers!
@Mateo that Peru trip sounds like a good idea ....but could potentially end with several deaths.
By Mateo Sanboval
EvanCampbell wrote:@Mateo that Peru trip sounds like a good idea ....but could potentially end with several deaths.
Ya pays ya ticket ya takes ya ride...