Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By NMA
The Invitation - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack. Music by Theodore Shapiro. Featuring two original songs by Craig Wedren & Benjamin Newgard. Liner notes by director Karyn Kusama. Artwork by Jay Shaw. Photography by Carli Davidson. Pressed on 180 Gram Colored Vinyl (one time pressing limited to 500 copies). On sale Wednesday (4/6). $25
Mondo is proud to present Theodore Shapiro’s soundtrack to Karyn Kusama’s haunting thriller The Invitation. The film takes place over the course of one night as a group of old friends gather for a reunion, which includes two divorcees (Will & Eden, complete with new partners in tow). During the course of the meal, tensions and paranoia overflow as old wounds are opened and friendships tested. The atmosphere burns with a slow sense of dread as Will becomes ever more paranoid with each passing conversation, alienating himself from those around him.

The beauty of the film is that by the time you think you have it figured out, it turns around and slaps you clean in the face. The score by Theodore Shapiro is an integral part of the terror and darkness of The Invitiation, and it easily stands head and shoulders as a true horror score. It’s quiet yet unnerving and disquieting. If you loved the sparseness of The Witch, then The Invitation is definitely for you...but we won’t take responsibility if you spin it late at night and end up cowering in the corner.

Composer Theodore Shapiro said, "The Invitation perfectly captures something essential about life in Los Angeles. The score mostly functions in the film as the voice of dread, haunted memories, and grief that sits underneath the surface of a dinner party in the hills of LA. The music follows the film in its descent from uneasiness towards true terror.”

Source: Mondo Music Weekly (4/4)
Attachments
unnamed (1).jpg
unnamed (1).jpg (136.13 KiB) Viewed 11075 times
By layneharvey
goddddddamn. that looks phenomenal. i'll be picking up that release this wednesday based on that trailer alone.
By Little Walter
Does anyone have a score sample or an idea of what we're in for here? I'm hungry for new soundtracks; I've worn the hell out of The Guest, Hyena, and (severely) A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night. Give me fresh blood!
Last edited by Little Walter on Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By vinyljunkie
Looks good but would have to hear the whole score first before purchasing -- anyone got a link/stream??
By Hatter313
Little Walter wrote:Does anyone have a score sample or an idea of what we're in for here? I'm hungry for new soundtracks; I've worn the hell out of The Guest, Hyena, and (severely) A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night. Give me fresh blood!
there's a track on the monthly mix tape they dropped last week. I really liked what i heard, minimal and moody. might be my first blind buy in a while.
By deathwaltz
I'll get a sample up for you guys
it's very creepy ala the Witch score.
The film is one of my favourites of last year, it is super tense , absolutely superb
By Hatter313
@deathwaltz

thanks for the heads up on the pressing info!

I've seen the trailers the last four times at my local Alamo, movie looks really excellent.
By reelybored
Looking forward to that sample. any chance it will be up before the drop?
By reelybored
Thanks for that!
By reddye6
What's with the sold out notice right when it goes up?
By texasvinyl
Cart bug? I'm getting insta-sold out. *edit- yep, cart bug, probably someone carted all 500 at first.
By reelybored
sold out instantly?
By reddye6
Seems to be working now
By Hatter313
what's going on?
By reelybored
nevermind, it went through
By Hatter313
had to hit refresh a few times. all good
By reelybored
actually just saw this two days ago and i loved it! the film really kept me on edge and did a great job at putting you in the protagonist's shoes which placed you right there with him. pretty glad i jumped on the vinyl release
By Bezulsqy
I am thinking of picking this one up tonight to check out the difference in shipping rates. Can anyone tell me how it is? Or point me to some samples?
The vinyl looks beautiful, but I would like to know if I like the music as well :-)
By Hatter313
the color effect own this is very nice. the music is tops, still need to actually see the damn film. i'm off rom work all next week and plan on catching up on some things then.