Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By 334578rpm
http://goseetalk.com/mo-shafeek-shares- ... %E2%80%8B/
This interview with Mo has some interesting hints:
First off, we had a successful 2nd MondoCon and released a few albums there. Well, in light of one of those releases, we are planning a follow up from one of that same composer. There’s one of his titles that people have been screaming really, really loud for, and I can say that it is coming.
Can probably pencil that in as "The Fountain" I think.
There’s a couple of new releases we’re working on, and one is a soundtrack from a movie that was released during awards season... It has been nominated for an Oscar…in an unspecified category​.
The Martian?
But this year, we’re also going to release one of my favorite soundtracks from 1999.​​ This title has been previously released on vinyl in its original run, but we’re doing it again with a really cool concept that I think people will really enjoy. It think people are gong to like it because it’s a really cool marketing concept.
?
By NathanLurker
monsterworship wrote:
static14 wrote:The one from 1999... Virgin Suicides maybe?

nah that was already reissued in 2015 in a box and various formats.

Yeah it would be rather underwhelming to re-release that title so soon. Also, IMO, it's a nice dreamy pop soundtrack but it's not an essential. Fight club would make sense, it's been released on vinyl in 1999 and 2001, and there are a couple of marketing concept they could go with with that one ( I hope they don't decide to follow the first rule of fight club though, that would be a bad marketing move ;) )
By texasvinyl
Star Wars Ep 1 had a vinyl release in '99. Bicentennial Man came to mind as it is a James Horner, but I don't think that ever had a vinyl release. Same with Sleepy Hollow which I'd peg maybe Waxwork to be a good fit for.

Fight Club would be awesome, and sometimes I see NMAs copy and want to buy it because I freaking love the Dust Brothers and that type of music in general, but I'm not getting my hopes up for a Mondo release.....That being said, hire Tyler Stout for the cover, screen print gatefold jackets, do psychedelic hand-poured pink soap vinyl (A&R Dallas can hook up the hand pours), include screen printed lobby cards, do a timed release and take all my money.
By Mateo Sanboval
334578rpm wrote:Hail, Caesar! coming...
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases ... 14147.html
Interesting. I just saw this on Friday and found myself quite enjoying the score as a matter of fact. In no small part because Burwell "scores" many pictures within the film itself. I usually stay away from these OSTs, but I will have to marinate on this one for a spell.