Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By deathwaltz
Different strokes and all that ....
By maxvelvet
sure but you can't deny that the drawing is eerie and creepy with no colours and it is the opposite of the movie and his beautiful music...a wanted contrast? Ok, but I think that the image used by that website, for example, could have been a better choice... I mean this one:

By StrangeVices
Without a doubt, this will be a straight up gorgeous listen.
By Tron4Life
Not much left of Nina's character or her sensibility. I think artist cared more to whom he was re-creating art rather than what he was doing. I don't like cover at all. Will be buying it because music is superior.

By NathanLurker
[quote=73772]sure but you can’t deny that the drawing is eerie and creepy with no colours and it is the opposite of the movie and his beautiful music…a wanted contrast? [/quote]

Huh ? The Black Swan movie is pretty dark and eerie/creepy. It's totally a psychological horror movie, very visceral. The music might not be creepy and eerie but the movie is, and the artwork should be about the movie itself. The artwork is reminiscent of the body horror sequences of the movie. The black and white contrast of the cover also references to the black and the white swan.

The other image you mention would have been a great cover too, it's also beautiful and, to me, also quite dark anyway.

But to each their own yeah :)
By OSC
Had my copy for a few weeks. Pressing quality is great, which for an orchestra score is very important. Jump on it when it finally gets the general sale, I've seen copies go for crazy money on eBay.
By NMA
OSC wrote:Had my copy for a few weeks. Pressing quality is great, which for an orchestra score is very important. Jump on it when it finally gets the general sale, I've seen copies go for crazy money on eBay.
Agreed. This is the best / cleanest sounding music I've heard on vinyl recently.
By horseloverphat
Just picked mine up...a nice package and a great listen. I notice that recent variants (including BTTF & Black Swan) have not been selling out...I wonder what kind of pressing numbers there are for these and whether or not that is effecting exclusivity?
By deafmetal
@horseloverphat - I would venture that overall popularity is a bigger part of the formula. For example, all the drama over Zombi Holocaust selling out in ~10 minutes compared to Black Belly of the Tarantula, which had the same number of limited variants pressed. In short, I'm not convinced that we have been infiltrated by a bunch of short-term market investors. ;)