Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By chuck
From modern vinyl -

Returning after a 35-year absence from the vinyl format, Mondo will be releasing the Phantasm soundtrack on wax, along with a new screen print. The vinyl will first be available at a screening on Thursday, April 30 at the Alamo Drafthouse. Then it will be sold at the Texas Frightmare Weekend and eventually online at a later date.

The pressing will be on 180-gram vinyl, features art from Phantom City Creative and the music itself hails from Fred Myron and Malcom Seagrave. New liner notes are also contributed by director Don Coscarelli.

You can see the new print and vinyl artwork, below, along with the tracklisting.

Tracklisting:
01. Main Title (3:55)
02. Welcome to Morningside / Hand in Box (2:41)
03. Mineshaft Chase (2:53)
04. Phantasmagoria / Silver Sphere Disco (3:16)
05. Hearse Inferno
06. Cemetery Spectres (0:56)
07. Spacegate to Infinity (1:08)
08. Jody at Morningside / Just a Dream? (3:03)
09. Phantasm Atmosphere (1:11)
10. The Tall Man on Main Street (1:35)
11. Funeral Organ / Dwarf in Hearse (1:45)
12. Under the Car (2:21)
13. Mike on the Road (1:02)
14. Hearse Chase (1:11)
15. Overturned Ice Cream Truck (2:18)
16. End of the Game (1:13)
17. Or is it? (Outtakes) (3:28)

http://modern-vinyl.com/2015/04/27/mond ... -on-vinyl/

A taster - https://soundcloud.com/mondotees
By Little Walter
SHIT!

I would've bought tickets if they would've said that in the beginning!
By texasvinyl
Never heard about the screening in Dallas, too bad it looks sold out. What's Frightmare? Maybe I need to go to that.
By The Cult Leader
A buddy of mine is going to grab me one on Saturday
By deafmetal
Bonus track! Looks like fun. My original Varese copy has a bit of crackle & pop, so I would like to check out the new pressing.
By texasvinyl
I wonder if they are selling copies to people who didn't attend the screening but show up at the Drafthouse on Thursday. I'm not far from the theater.
By discophagus
Hey Walter, let me know if you could buy 1 or 2 copies of phantasm lp at the screening for me. that would be great for our trade! The second phantasm copy would be for my friend frizzle-frizzi
By Little Walter
. . . I'm gonna try the same thing, @texasvinyl.
By deafmetal
@TheHolocene - Left Hand Path is one of the greatest death metal albums of all time! Always loved that sample in there. But Life Goes On is my favorite track on that album though.
By TheHolocene
One for you then @deafmetal!!
By monsterworship
Yeah LHP is the shit.
I have a boner for everything Nicky Anderson does: Entombed, Helicopters and Death breath! Even imperial state electric
By The Dentist
If anyone has any luck getting a copy on Thursday, I would be as grateful as a parched child hearing the sound of Reggie Bannister's ice cream truck coming up the street if they could attempt to snag me a copy as well.
By deafmetal
@Holocene - Nice! I'm a bit obsessed.

By texasvinyl
Any copies I am able to get will be listed on ebay for ten times the purchase price, just search for the auction title PHANTASM, MONDO, RARE, VERY RARE, LIMITED, SOLD OUT, OOP, VARIANT, EXCLUSIVE, RARE VINYLS

but seriously, I'll just post something here with any success/failure news.
By EvanCampbell
I would also throw balls of money at someone who could pick up an extra copy!
By deafmetal
@texas & @walter- Good luck on your quest.
By Aremagod
I will only buy it if it is 20x purchase price and I need two copies...one to play on my Crosley and one to frame and hang on my wall.
By fluppeco
the artwork looks stellar
By texasvinyl
I got six copies, three are a white w/ pearly marbled effect, very pretty, the other three are like a black/red splash kind of like the Rosemary's Baby.

I think about five people here and in the other thread already asked for copies, so if you will email me, texasvinyl (at) gmail, we can sort out the details.
By The Dentist
@texasvinyl email sent!
By fluppeco
sent you an email