Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By stuntcock
I received my white marbel today! It sounds perfect and I love the artwork! Thanks Mondo!
By abedunk
These are starting to disappear - Mondo's online store is sold out, as is LITA's. I just grabbed a copy via "20 Buck Spin" for a good price, but I'd bet these are going to be hard to find very soon!
By bpwlogan
@abedunk the turd flipers have them on ebay for over the top prices already. Glad you got one at a reasonable price!
By deafmetal
Any idea how many copies of the black vinyl were pressed? It is still in stock at 20buckspinshop.com if anybody else is looking for a copy.
By Volzom Zofbie
@deaf According to Norman 500; Link
By spasticjerk
[quote=67508]These are starting to disappear – Mondo’s online store is sold out, as is LITA’s. I just grabbed a copy via “20 Buck Spin” for a good price, but I’d bet these are going to be hard to find very soon![/quote]
Yeah seems that way, wish I had either had the money to buy two or this had gotten a CD release as I know I'm gonna spin this copy I did manage to get to death, haha!
By hncreature
Norman's is preorder / 20Buck still has some
By tonyandrewgiles
We have some available at Shipping Records for pre order too
By flapdoodle
I received this today (Great fun watching it tour the USA until reaching the UK.)

What a record! Prog rock with spooky keyboards and then... A disco track with the spooky riff in it!

It's the red/back variant.

By JurassicCarpenter
Got mine a week ago, finally spun it today for the first time .... soooooo good.

I love the detail in the arrangements and in the production. So it was made a year after Halloween, you can totally hear the influence, but in a very different direction. Spooky dread synths along with that killer main repeating melody, cinematic parts, some funk, but it also rocks sooo hard too at times, love the live drums next to the synth parts. Plenty of surprises in the score too. Whenever I watch the film it's always a really crappy copy so it never does justice to the original score, so great to finally hear it like this. It was interesting to read the liner notes, I didn't know the composers had such an extensive classical background (so different from Carpenter's approach). I love that they wrote the lead line on piano first before beginning recording synths.

Anyways, thanks again Mondo/Spencer/anyone else who was involved, such a great release.
By down.by.law
Received mine last week from Mondo. Unfortunately, there is a split on top of the sleeve that occurred during shipping. Pretty bummed.
By Volzom Zofbie
Shit happens! Especially during transit. Records aren't meant to be shipped sealed. It's simlpy screaming for a seam split.
Norman has a service where you can tick an option if you want them to remove the record from the cover. I always use that when ordering from them, however they don't do it with Mondo stuff, because of the random color variant BS. This way they avoid the suspicious minds. No, they didn't change your valuable colored (noisy) variant with a common black!

By Spiritman
Just got the all black version - sounds amazing, real depth and clarity. A damn fine cut!
By deafmetal
Is Phantasm sold out worldwide?
By blue15
Still available from Two-Headed Dog - Link
By gpa21
Thanks for the heads-up.

Looks like I got the last one!
By Aremagod
Anyone know anything about phantasm.com having their own variant of the soundtrack? There is a news item on the website dated May 21, 2015 saying stay tuned for more info. Color me intrigued because who doesn't need multiple copies of this soundtrack.
By NMA
Does anyone have the mirror'd jacked silver coloured remastered screening event variant? How does the vinyl look? Any pictures?
By ckilduff
NMA wrote:Does anyone have the mirror'd jacked silver coloured remastered screening event variant? How does the vinyl look? Any pictures?

I do, the jacket looks phantastic (sorry, I'll show myself out after this post) I havnt opened mine yet but they had a display copy out at FF. Its 'silver' and looked more like a sort of shiny grey. They have a pic up now on the mondo site. The foil cover is my favorite of the covers though for sure.
Attachments
Phantasm_silver_disc_1024x1024.jpg
Phantasm_silver_disc_1024x1024.jpg (134.21 KiB) Viewed 6543 times
By NMA
ckilduff wrote:
NMA wrote:Does anyone have the mirror'd jacked silver coloured remastered screening event variant? How does the vinyl look? Any pictures?

I do, the jacket looks phantastic (sorry, I'll show myself out after this post) I havnt opened mine yet but they had a display copy out at FF. Its 'silver' and looked more like a sort of shiny grey. They have a pic up now on the mondo site. The foil cover is my favorite of the covers though for sure.
Thanks ;)

I guess it is time to double-dip :D
By ScoJo
From Don Coscarelli's Reddit Q+A yesterday:

--------------------------------------------------------------
[–]Godromans 4 points 11 hours ago
Will we get more phantasm in other forms of media? Like comics etc

[–]DonCoscarelli1[S] 9 points 7 hours ago
Nothing in the pipeline right now, BUT, our pals at MONDO have a big surprise for Phantasm fans this Christmas...

--------------------------------------------------------------

:O