Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Spun out of control
Hah, if true, predicted this months ago from the DW/Mondo stable:

"Nothing more than a hunch from me, but I *feel* like we could see some Mad Max vinyl action this coming year, what with the new Fury Road movie out… perhaps a simultaneous re-release of the original classic Brian May score from the first movie on DW, and a tie in with the latest one (music by Junkie XL) via Mondo… haven’t read this anywhere I hasten to add, just a wild guess"

Do I get a prize? ;) Think it's a good fit with the brand.

Wonder if we will get a re-packaging of the original Brian May score/s or if the New Barbarians will come out alongside? Sure they will do a typically excellent job. Just hope it's not too soon, after the RSD splurge...
By NathanLurker
I'm not so impressed on the art direction of the cover art, but I'm still going to buy this. I suppose it's going to be a double LP, there's more than 110 minutes music on the digital release. but there's 9 bonus tracks in there and a lot of ''extended'' cuts....so single LP maybe if they reduce the lenght of all these extended cuts? hopefully not.

EDIT :
EW (clicky) mentions that the vinyl comes with 2 posters as well. but I think they might have gotten that wrong and there's 2 posters that will be sold separately
By Hatter313
Saw the movie on Saturday, coolest thing I've ever seen in my life, I can't even tell you how awesome it is. This score is a must buy in my opinion, crazy electronics hiding among intense riffs.
By maxvelvet
Seems a die-cut sleeve like "A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night"! ;)
By Hatter313
i was hoping they would incorporate the steering wheel/brand into the packaging, its such a cool piece of film prop design. loving the package, the score is out of control man, so cool.
By zuko
I reckon you're right Max, lines up nicely with the eyes:

By DISCOSUCKS...
Just seen this.

Film = batshit insane.

Score = bloody fantastic.

Me = big smile.

By deafmetal
I bought tickets for Saturday night. The gf is just as excited as I am, which is rare as hell. Reviews are off the charts. Far beyond stoked.
By brucechimp
I saw it yesterday too and it really is fantastic. Totally loved every berserk second of it. One of those films where you're thinking about seeing it again while the credits are still rolling!!

Anyone got any idea how many of the lps are getting pressed? I really don't want to miss this.
By Hatter313
Probably a choice the way they have been so far this year. That email didn't say random did it? I think it was just giving the selection. Otherwise it could have been licensed before the merge, which would mean that it would still be random. Although given the color in color specifics, that would have required some serious advance knowledge, so it's probably a drop down choice ala waxwork or scanners/brood
By DISCOSUCKS...
I know what you mean @Little Walter....but they're actually War Boys in the film. Small matter of semantics though, sir - I totally agree with you.
By chuck
Exactly what I thought. What the heck?!
By texasvinyl
I am starting to wonder if people have set up bots for the Mondo site. I had the site up pretty much the second it went live, and the posters were gone instantly.
By blastman
International looks fecked again..can't complete checkout as my "zip code" is invalid

EDIT Never mind, forgot I had to pay via Paypal
By liftman2013
Was there any warning the LPs were US only????
By thedeepness
I can't even find the LP on the site. Am I missing something or are you guys talking about the posters?
By Spun out of control
Let me put in an order to the UK anyway (I was logged in pre-order)... postage was an eye watering $29 though. All a bit bizarre... will see what transpires. Did check a certain Margate address before pressing the button, but nothing was showing there.
By blastman
LPs not US only, I've just placed an order (after remembering to pay via Paypal). Postage nearly the same price as the LP again, though!
By reddye6
Go to the Mondo home page and not the Music page. The vinyl is with the two posters.