Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By layneharvey
bought this and all 5 other releases. i must have lost my mind...
By texasvinyl
Layne, those Cindelic releases are going to be AWESOME! I ordered a while ago from their Bandcamp page...they shipped from Italy on 2/17 Poste Italiane, so if I say fifteen Hail Mary's and put a figurine of St Anthony (patron saint of lost things) in my yard I should get the package by Christmas.
By layneharvey
@texas - i was only going to pick up UNDER POMPELMO of the three, but i listened to clips from the other two this morning and jesus christ! 70s funk jazz at its finest. i am super stoked about those releases.
By Aremagod
Received my Maniac Cop 2 yesterday and was quite surprised when I opened it to find the variant. This is my first Mondo variant and a sharp looking one at that. The overall package is great and there was a little surface noise here and there on first play through which I hope will go away after a good cleaning before the next play.
By layneharvey
anyone else started getting their MANIAC COP 2/ZFE/CINEDELIC/DUKE OF BURGUNDY releases ordered from mondo? i just sent them an email to inquire. it's been around 5 weeks since i ordered, and i am dying to spin these. :) doesn't appear any of them were preorders, since some of you folks have started receiving these here and there individually.
By Little Walter
@layneharvey - I ordered Maniac Cop 2 and ZFE at the same time, and got them in about a week ago. If you ordered a bunch at once, then they admit to saving those orders for last (not that I can tell why) so that they can get the single orders out right away.
By NathanLurker
They started shipping for sure. I've been using the tracking number for my Maniac Cop2 / Zombie Flesh Eaters order and it's waiting for me to pick it up at my post office today, I'm in Canada, in Montreal.
By reddye6
I have been in contact with Bryan from Mondo. The holdup is "Duke." I talked with him last week, and he said that they should be in any day now. Hopefully they'll go out soon!
By deafmetal
My MC2/ZFE order arrived last Friday. I received the pure evil black vinyl variant of MC2.
By layneharvey
@deafmetal - "pure evil black". i really like that. :)

@reddye - damn! should have waited a bit on DUKE, then. who knew? oh well. i am in charleston, sc, so only a hop, skip, and 24-hour-drive jump from austin to my house.
By Little Walter
"Pure evil black" is nice and funny, but I'm still processing that the A Girl Walks Home Alone vinyl was actually advertised as "bright white & onyx black". I won't be surprised if we start seeing "pure evil black" as a cheap advertisement ploy.
By deathwaltz
They are actually the names of the vinyl - direct from the plant , not a marketing ploy :)
By Little Walter
I'm imagining some late 1800's record salesman clarifying to an ambivalent customer, "You see, although other manufacturers of this recording released this on raisin-colored vinyl, our vinyl is a more polished onyx." I really doubted that the distinction was meant to be shady; I actually assumed it was a joke.
By layneharvey
just got a shipping confirmation for all items in that order i mentioned earlier except Duke of Burgundy, which was listed as shipping separately. quick turnaround on my question from Mondo from this morning. bravo, dudes, bravo. :)
By Ptflea2
In sadder news, Maniac Cop himself, Robert Z'Dar passed away yesterday. He was 64..... I've read from countless fans who had a chance to meet Mr.Z'Dar and they all had nothing but nice things to say about. Sucks to hear about his passing.
By brycemillercomposer
Inspired by the synth soundtracks of the 80's as well as the sounds of current electronic and ambient music comes "CITY DEPTHS": the soundtrack for an imaginary film.

CITY DEPTHS will be released digitally on July 25th

This album hopes to capture the experience of walking or driving late at night through ambient textures and pulsing beats best experienced through headphones or stereo while exploring the night.

https://soundcloud.com/brycemiller-4/pu ... ity-depths