Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By deafmetal
Unreal, I just picked up a sealed copy of the original Maniac Cop LP. Stoked!
By Frizzle-Frizzi
So they come back to random variants?
By Whip Wilson
I mean, c'mon. What a package! (Phrasing!) Seriously, this is a beauty. I have a soft spot for these films and scores. I was just conversing with someone the other afternoon about how I watch these movies, and The Hidden, more often than I realize.

Frizzle, if memory serves, Justin from Mondo said in an interview last week that any records in production before The Merger will still be random. This is MOND 036 and I would guess one of those to which he is referring.
By NMA
Back to random :D
By Aremagod
I hope this is one of the last random variant albums.
By deathwaltz
It isn't back to random , as we stated went the merger went down some things were already pressed and waiting and this is one of them !
By The Cult Leader
Awesome news!! The more Jay Chattaway I can add to my collection the better. I've had an eye on the original Maniac Cop for a while now.

@deafmetal If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for the sealed copy?
By hncreature
Personally...I like the random
By pmaligaya
Just wondering if Maniac Cop 2 and Zombie Flesh Eaters are already in stock and not pre-order
By chandler75
I really don't mind the random much, either. Sort of fun to open up the package and find one of those...
By manuorru
Probably has been already cleared in the past, but I always wondered: guys that fulfill orders at Mondo will know whether or not they throw in a black or a variant?
By Spun out of control
@manuorru

From what I understand these guys have one box of each at the packing stage and simply grab one from this pile, one from that pile. Think in a recent interview Justin from Mondo mentioned roughly a third of each print run was the variant, which sounds fairly favourable, though, while appreciating it's not an exact science, personally I've never struck lucky one in three goes. The odds are slightly better simply waiting to trade with a kind someone on this board :)

Mondo do a great job with the whole package though.
By Little Walter
I would mind the random variants less if the local store that actually stocks Mondo records didn't open them first to check and raise the price of the rarer versions.
By Occhionero
Whaaat!? I would avoid from buying there!
By dumaisaudio
Package seems cool, but I'm not sure I'll pick it up. I listened to the samples, and while it sounds interesting, I probably wouldn't listen to it more than once, and I've got too many soundtracks that I've only listened to once. Variant looks rad though.
By manuorru
Thanks @Spun!
Looking at my past orders from Mondo, every time I ordered 2 copies of a record with ramdomly inserted variant, one was actually a goal!
Every time I ordered 1 copy per record, including multiple records orders, all were black.
I got The Visitor variant from Ebay, and The Raid variant from Amoeba.
By texasvinyl
Manuourru, I really wanted a copy of the Beyond the Infinite variant of Alex North's 2001. So I bought two copies at MondoCon. Then another two copies when they went on sale on Mondo's site. All 4x Black vinyl. I am definitely looking forward to the end of "randomly inserted"!
By manuorru
Hey Tex, I'm with you! Don't like to buy more copies than I need, and you have to sell off not sought black vinyls then.
Add exorbitant Mondo shipping costs for Europe...
Looks like 2001's variant was rarer than standard, but I was lucky, one on two was Beyond The Infinite! ;-)