Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By emlschif
I have an extra DW/OWS Deluxe version - looking for exciting trade options.

(NOT the Mondo, as I have a friend picking that one up for me.)

Please email me at emlschif (at) gmail.com if interested.

By Whip Wilson
Posted this in the other thread, but it's no less valid here:

Folks, sincerely, this is not a trading thread. There are a half dozen of those already in the appropriate forum. I know there are a lot of new members/infrequent posters understandably excited about this release, but please try not to trash the place. Pack it in, pack it out, y’know? As additional motivation, members here are far more likely to lend a helping hand to a relative stranger if they feel like that person is at least taking the time to pay attention to basic STBC rules. Cheers.
By static14
@Mateo from your lips to Reggie's ears.
By RandomHajile
I e-mailed Mondo about the problem of ordering Cannibal Holocaust with another LP, even a small 7". This was the response:

"Hello,
Due to the mail class restrictions on the Cannibal Holocaust LP, it has to ordered separately. So sorry about this!
Best,

Charity Francis
Customer Relations Manager"

What could that possibly mean? It seems to be a typical Mondo gatefold. There is no nothing heavy or special about it, to my knowledge. Mondo has always allowed two LPs to be shipped in the same mailer. I wanted to order CH and Black Sunday (or maybe Sleepaway Camp 7"), and I'm going to have to pay $14 (two different shipments) to ship within the US? Light in the Attic will send me 4 LPs for under $5.00 Media Mail, and they don't typically wait for a month after I order it until they ship it.

I'm considering waiting to see if LITA gets CH. If OWS could sell to the US, to get the Valentine's Day version shipped to me from Europe, it would have been $34.44. To get the Mondo version shipped from a few states away, it's $32.00, and I'm forbidden to add anything else to the order.
By nrs24985
@randomhajile

If you're located in the USA you won't be able to order the OWS version, due to licensing restrictions.
By RandomHajile
Officially, yes, but there might be other ways, I'm not sure. I've already seen posts elsewhere on this forum where people were excited to post that they picked up both versions. Regardless, the comparison stands on the shipping rates. How and why should it be only $2.44 more to get a very similar record from Europe to US than Texas to Illinois? Clearly, somebody isn't being totally honest about their shipping costs, or OWS just takes huge losses on their shipment.
By heelsinc
Its mondo I do a lot of selling on eBay. There shipping prices are crazy high.
By Jimmy_Mike
Embarrassed to admit this, but just now realizing the artwork is a skull without the bottom jaw. Awesome. Don't know how I missed it, I originally just saw an amorphous red blob. And then huzzah, an awesome bloody skull!
By Whip Wilson
Ditto, James Michael. It took me a few viewings. Of course, it took several someone elses to coach me up to seeing the toothy grin hidden inside the negative space of the Batman logo. Don't judge. Everyone has strengths and weaknesses.
By chandler75
Wow, I just noticed that now! It's very nice artwork!

Mateo: Toothy grin...?
By Whip Wilson
Think of the border of the Batman logo as the shape of a mouth and the logo itself as the inside of a mouth. It looks like a big, shit eating grin.
By bitewerks
Does anyone know if Mondo has CH in stock or if this was a pre-order?

By strictlywayward
They're supposed to be in stock, but it's still Mondo, and they're still shipping out the last drop. I like to think there will be shipping notices by the end of the month.
By Peek-a-boo
My copy from ows has been shipped apparently. Very fast work!
By RandomHajile
It took several e-mails back and forth, but Mondo acknowledged to me that there was no real reason their Cannibal Holocaust LP had to be shipped by itself, thereby charging you double shipping for ordering another LP with CH. It was more a by-product of their online store's programming. I'm assuming it was because of the US-only licensing contract, and I was told "The restriction has to be in place on the back end. Because it only applies to the one LP it will not allow it to be carted with another. we have made some updates and it should work just fine now!"

Sure enough, I was able to grab both Cannibal Holocaust and Black Sunday tonight in the same order, for $7 shipping. Kudos to Mondo for both responding to my numerous e-mails and for actually doing something about it.
By BasementHorror
Just got my shipping confirmation for CH. For a Mondo release, that is absurdly fast...
By terryreidsauce
Ditto. Just received shipping confirmation from Mondo today for CH. Crazy fast considering that I just got my scanners shipment notification on Monday. Well played Mondo.
By hellorockview89
I have officially learned my lesson with MONDO. I still have not received my shipping notification for my Brood/Scanners, Angela's theme & Raid LP's. When I inquired about it 10 days ago I was told that they "ship the oldest placed orders first and that they would be shipping in waves..." Also have not received my shipping notification for CH yet either. Someone I knew was having issues checking out, AFTER I had already placed my order, and they have already received their shipping notice, but I have not. Maybe its because I placed an order for x2 CH, but I don't see how that would really matter.

Either way, I'm just going to start biting the bullet for shipping, and just placing single orders for every release I get from Mondo. If 3 LP's drop on the same day that I want, I will place 3 single orders and pay out the ass for shipping.

I apologize for my rant, but it sucks to see everyone I follow on IG & FB already have the LP's I'm waiting on, when we ordered them the same day. They are probably on the 8th spin, and I'm still twiddling my thumbs waiting for a shipping notice.

I'm not dissing Mondo, But just a bit disappointed with how things have panned out so far. Glad to see that people are getting their orders though.
By jgibbs4053
I just received shipping notice like 2 days ago for The Raid, Angela's Theme, and Scanners. I ordered them on the day they dropped.
By hellorockview89
@Darrell That's good to hear brother, there may be hope for me yet! I won't hold my breath though lol. I sent them another email today, hopefully I'll get some good news.
By Little Walter
I have orders dating back to December that I haven't received shipment notices for. So them saying that they do it by the age of the order might just be an easy lie to fall back on.
By layneharvey
received CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST today! looks fantastic, and came with a litho of the valentine's variant cover, which i don't remember reading anything about, so that was a surprise. vinyl looks amazing.

By stuntcock
I got my copy in today! It looks and sounds awesome! And what a nice surprise too! (I won't ruin it)!

Thanks DW x OWS x Mondo!
By layneharvey
oh shit! did i ruin it with my post, @stuntcock??? doh!