Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By ironjaiden
Hah! THIS is the new direction of Mondo we’re all suppose to be excited about?! $35 for an awfully forgettable, generic score to a film no one remembers with a cheesy super bowl marketing gimmick?

Dude nobody's coming down on you for not digging a soundtrack or not being enthusiastic about a label. It's just that you've got a really unpleasant and inflammatory way of communicating those ideas. I suspect message board drama excites you so by all means keep it up. Just don't act surprised when the more even-keeled forum members rag on you about it.

By Garmonbozia
If by "I have solid answers" you mean, you went on a huge rant that had nothing to do with what anyone was talking about, sure!

Where again is all of this universal acclaim that Mondo/DW has received?
By ghostfires
Please remove.
By PaulZaza
i for sure love black sunday, can't respect someone who doesn't like Robert shaw! what do you want, game of thrones soundtracks?:-) this is about Special and old films!
By deathwaltz
Oh Ghost, My point was that yes we get it you don't like Mondo and that is fine, it has nothing to do with folks not being able to voice an opinion or to criticise a label but, your constant deriding (and thread derailing) is quite frankly getting old and very, very boring.

Jurassic Park may have been an easy pass for you but for plenty of other folks it wasn't , ditto Guardians , one mans gem is anothor mans trash after all .

What I don't understand is why can't you let the folks that are stoked for these soundtracks talk about them in peace without snide or derogotory comments?

Also I have never met a bunch of less Hipster folks than the Mondo crew, but that did make my laugh so thanks for that at least.

It takes way more time and energy to come here and say I hate Mondo , I hate symphonic scores, I hate the prices . In the end all I see from you is BLAH BLAH BLAH there is so much noise on the internet why create more ?

Just walk on by and contribute to the things you love and listen too and let the folks that love John Williams talk about how they are excited this score is coming out ?

I'd much rather read you wax lyical about something you dig than roll my eyes over another Mondo rant.
By unpopular_poet
I just watched that trailer and realized that I haven't seen this movie since I watched it mid 80s late night on WGN...not sure yet if I'll grab it. The artwork is pretty amazing for sure.
By zuko

Jay or Spencer, are the inner sleeves printed red so you see them through the holes? Touch.
By karloffsidekick
An observation....the helmet used on this cover by Mr. Jay Shaw is one of a modern design and certainly not in use during Super Bowl X (backdrop of the film). The first, and most obvious, tip-off is the asymmetrical ventilation hole on the side. A period 1975 season (and for years thereafter) helmet would have had a perfectly round hole...just sayin'.

By abedunk
^^^ Ha! Absolutely right! Mini-fail there, for sure.

But then again, it's a modern repressing and the vinyl variants are representing Superbowl 49 teams, so....

Ah, hell. I really AM digging the music, and I'm a Seahawks fan. I'll pick one up. Go 'HAWKS!!
By reddye6
For those so inclined, you can purchase Black Sunday at Mondo now.
By dweebofthedead
+1!

Enjoyed the film and soundtrack!
By hncreature
Primative...but it may help...LOL!!!

By texasvinyl
Hmm... I don't like New England, but this colors look better with the jacket than Seattle. Maybe I'll just wait until after the game and buy the winner's color since I don't really care who wins.
By hncreature
I hate decisions like this...LOL! Probably just black then...

The colorway may be different too

Oh yeah...someone needs a hug...

By ClaytonRyan
So, if we were looking at this on sale as an actual game, this would be about the end of the first quarter, right? I wonder which team is winning right now? Since I live in Seattle, I'm a little biased...
By discophagus
I don't care who wins, will pick the new england one!
By discophagus
Hey Spencer, I'm writing here because getting an answer from you by mail is nearly impossible! I'm still waiting for my 3+3 copies of the christmas DW albums (order 16377) and didn't understand if u're sending me other copies or not. I have a bit hurry because I will not be home from feb 20 to march 10 and I would really like to get them before I leave (or get a refund and buy them from discogs/ebay) but I really need to know ASAP. Would you please solve this? Thanks and sorry again, I know this 2015 will free you from all this "where are my records" stuff. Giacomo
By static14
Seahawks tri-colored (silver / green / blue) 180g 2xlp
Patriots tri-colored (red / blue / white) 178g 2xlp
By manuorru
Considering color variants are availaible only today, I thought they were very limited. Instead looks like they are unlimited, and that will be pressed depending on preorders...
By ClaytonRyan
Static14 wins MVP (Most Valuable Post) of the day!
By manuorru
Interesting considerations @karl
Defendf yourself Jay! ;-)
By Peek-a-boo
I like the marketing idea. For fans of either team it's a nice, unique momento.

I don't buy records from US sites tho, too expensive importing...
By raedarius23@hotmail.com
[quote=49826]Seahawaks tri-colored (silver / green / blue) 180g 2xlp<BR>Patriots tri-colored (red / blue / white) 178g 2xlp [/quote]

I heard that the Patriots records will be pressed at 32rpm.
By freshoj
@ghostfires

"all I can say is the music sucks for these past few releases"

That is pretty vitriolic. I think what rubs me the wrong way is your statements come off as insulting to folks who differ in opinion. Anyone who would shell out for this 'forgettable' soundtrack or really most of Mondo's releases must clearly be a fool. Your opinions are also presented as facts, which looks a little foolish to be honest.

I am all for hearing your criticism, I just wish it didn't come off as so disrespectful.

(and to address your point, for my tastes, Mondo's hit rate is on par with most of the other labels you reference - which I think is great as I can't afford them all)

I really do hope you continue to chime in with opinions - especially the 'thumbs downs' opinions.