Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By karloffsidekick
The soundtrack is so much better than the sport! I just hope Quint saves the day before the Cowboys get their clocks cleaned...
By jdubtxn
Another I don't need to buy. Neat idea though. If they had a UFC inspired one with Spider versus 420 diaz I might buy that silliness.
By ghostfires
please remove.
By chandler75
I've never seen the movie or heard the score, but...

- John Williams scored three movies in 1977: Star Wars, Close Encounters of the Third Kind - and Black Sunday.

- The film has a 100% fresh Rotten Tomatoe rating and scores 6,8 on IMDb, which isn't bad.

- It is directed by the great John Frankenheimer and has Robert Shaw and Bruce Dern amongst the cast.

- It may be a generic score, but I'm still fairly excited by this. I'm expecting something maybe akin to Williams' "Earthquake".

- It's a first on vinyl.

- It has some pretty cool Jay Shaw art.

And I just ordered the dvd - apparently it's not out on Blu-ray.
By tim28212
I posted this in the Mondo discussion but will repost here

Black Sunday score was never released on vinyl. Film Score Monthly released it on CD for the first time. It's a pretty good score and I'm glad it's finally seeing a vinyl release. Of course opinions may very so.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK1bgdcm_5w[/video]
By toosoonjunior
I mean, it's a decent score and a great vinyl presentation, but with all the OST reissues these days I'm at the point (and I think a lot of us are) where I need to be pretty selective about what I pick up. I'm not sure I'll be going after this on Sunday.
By Garmonbozia
Ghostfires, kinda funny you using this one score to discredit Mondo and not mentioning or taking into consideration that they just released Scanners and The Brood and are readying a badass looking (so far) Cannibal Holocaust.

By phantomnoir
I don't know why you guys are complaining. This is a very good score. I'm glad it's being issued on vinyl.
By DISCOSUCKS...
...and:

- The movie is based on Thomas Harris' first novel, with a script by Ernest Lehman ("N. by N.West" etc)
By ghostfires
Please remove.
By deathwaltz
My Nan used to tell me me if you don't have anything positive to say it's better to say nothing at all.

I often think of that when reading some posts on the forum.
By ghostfires
Please remove.
By freshoj
oy vey, that isn't what he said ghosty.

personally, I like to hear negative opinions to counter our typical crawly bumlicking, but not sure they need to involve such vitriol. I like how most of the responses didn't feed the vitriol, they just offered differing opinions on the quality of the release.

back to the topic at hand: I know I probably won't be buying this one, but wow, that Jaw Shaw artwork almost sold me by itself. So much more fun when it seems like he doesn't have any design restrictions in place.
By ghostfires
Please remove.
By Garmonbozia
But you're doing the opposite of what you're perceiving Mondo enthusiasts are doing. You clearly have a bias against them and this specific score seems to be a weird one to try and make your point.

And what you're doing isn't just offering your opinion on this one score (which would be something like: not my thing, I'll pass), but using this one score as some kind of example of how you're right about how much Mondo sucks.

And claiming there has been nothing but extreme excitement about this merger is downright delusional. Are you serious?
By Garmonbozia
For example, I had zero interest in the Donnie Darko Score Death Waltz released but I certainly didn't use that as an example of why DW sucks, ya know? I didn't care about Trick R Treat or Phantom of the Opera, but I didn't think those labels were the worst because they put out a couple scores I didn't want to buy.
By ghostfires
Please remove.
By ironjaiden
I think it's a great score. Stoked to see it finally out on vinyl.
By Garmonbozia
Actually, people with different taste than you can easily argue your point. Your lack of interest in a good number of the releases speaks specifically to your interest and you seem to think your taste in music is the be all end all. I'll agree the pricing is getting out of control, but then again the Christmas Evil 10 inch DW put out was WAY more than I would like to have paid for 12 minutes worth of music. The price tag for Silent Night Deadly seemed a little on the steep side, too. So picking on Mondo about prices specifically isn't especially fair.

And again, where are you seeing this worldwide praise of Mondo? MOST of the people on this board bitch about Mondo just as much as you do. And the FB posts about this merger are even uglier.
By ghostfires
Please remove.
By Garmonbozia
Man, you really just don't get it at all
By ghostfires
Please remove.
By Garmonbozia
You're going off the rails, dude
By ghostfires
Please remove.