Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By nick1972
rumour is Aliens I believe
By karloffsidekick
"I had it in my cart and now it sez SOLD OUT!"

Just getting you primed folks ... for the forthcoming whining.
By maxlevel
The aliens rumour is very arousing.
By deathwaltz
NO RANDOM VARIANTS ....
By NMA
Hell yeah!
By MODAREC
Loving the artwork! Sounds like a great release.
By MODAREC
Will these variants be going to UK retail Spencer?
By toosoonjunior
Cooooll...any info on the pressing numbers?
By dumaisaudio
YES! Quick question, is it just the two variant colors available, or is there a black version as well?
By ghostfires
Just to be clear - this is not the full soundtrack to Scanners, correct? I'm not a real fan of Howard Shore, so I've never gone after this OST before...but a quick scan of the internet seems to show many more tracks than just 9.
By NMA
@Spun out of control: Apparently yes:

"In addition to SCANNERS/BROOD, @deathwaltzrecs vinyl will become available in our shop tomorrow. Old stuff, new stuff...more info to come!"

Mondo Twitter

By Hatter313
@Spencer wrote:
NO RANDOM VARIANTS ….

This, this, a thousand times this. This is the single biggest complaint regarding MONDO's releases up to now. And it looks like Spencer has put the kibosh on it.

Hell Yes!

Consider me thrilled already
By cookythecook
YUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! too awesome. have been wanting "scanners" so so so so so badly. great work mondo/dw!

rest in peace, random variants..........
By toosoonjunior
What a way to debut the merger. :)
By Hatter313
Also...that art is super awesome. i love the style on these a lot. oh man what a cool release. What a way to start the year guys, really stoked. I also really dig the Idea of doing this sort of director/composer set with 2 films, especially if the scores aren't really lengthy enough to fill a whole LP (don't know if that was the case here). all around looks like a very cool release.
By Whip Wilson
[quote=46902]YUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! too awesome. have been wanting “scanners” so so so so so badly. great work mondo/dw!

rest in peace, random variants……….
[/quote]Apparently there are some random variants still to come so maybe this is more of a transition than a reboot. I am really looking forward to this release as I just watched the Criterion Scanners bluray over the weekend. Perfect timing.
By NathanLurker
MONSTERS IN MOTIONS version has a 57 minutes version but maybe that's full of dialogue or repeated theme.

HOWARD SHORE'S OWN WEBSITE only list one cd release version with the same tracklist Mondo is using.
By Whip Wilson
[quote=46907]Same tracks than in the Silva Screen cd http://www.discogs.com/Howard-Shore-Dea ... se/1218565[/quote]Exactly so. There is a version on Amazon with 36(!) tracks and an 82' running time. I think this is a fine way to get the music on vinyl and out to a wide audience, however.

AMAZON
By dahousen
Right, thats the Silva Screen CD, no idea if there is more score in the actual movies.