Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By NathanLurker
the smaller lenght release of scanners combinet with the Brood is certainly fine with me. I'm getting one fo' sho'
By dahousen
Thanks for the call @Mateo, I'll search a download. But this SCANNERS / THE BROOD LP is coming home.

The email sent by Mondo says there are two variants:
"Scanners / The Brood LP. Music by Howard Shore. Packaging design by Sam Wolfe Connelly. Pressed on 180 Gram vinyl in two colorway options: Cream with Brown & Red Splatter and Gray with Green Splatter. $30"
By Whip Wilson
[quote=46915]Thanks for the call @Mateo, But this SCANNERS / THE BROOD LP is coming home.[/quote]

Ditto, Dahousen.
By deafmetal
Legendary start for the merger.
By texasvinyl
What variant is everyone going for? Cream w/ brown and red splatter sounds pretty cool.
By Whip Wilson
Well if there will in fact be a black version, I will buy/hold off for that. Otherwise I'll have to throw in for the The Brood variant. I just like those colors better. Admittedly tough to pick against the Scanners variant as I love the film so much, but somehow I'll find a way to sleep at night.
By DISCOSUCKS...
Any way this goes down.........

WIN!
By deathwaltz
These tracks are supplied by Howard Shore from his masters. These are the cuts he considers the score , other versions are littered with dialogue etc.

This is quite LTD but I can assure you we are working on getting all our releases to retail in no frills colours.
By Whip Wilson
[quote=46950]This is quite LTD but I can assure you we are working on getting all our releases to retail in no frills colours.
[/quote] Solid news. Thanks for keeping us in the loop. Now about that new DWRC 7"...
By deathwaltz
All being revealed today over on the Mondo blog
By ghostfires
I'm not sure I follow with the extra tracks being loaded with dialog. There are 28 videos linked together in a playlist on YouTube that seem to nearly zero dialog. Perhaps by dialog it is meant sound efx?

Just a bit confused at this point. I've listened all the way through now, and I heard almost no dialog. My guess is these are cues that have been ripped from the DVD...but damn, isn't that what makes up a soundtrack!? The cues! I'm not trying to rain on the parade...just wondering for my own benefit if 9 tracks out of 28 is worth $30 or not.

The final track is listed as Scanner Duel & End Titles at 9:50 in length, where the Mondo release only shows Scanner Duel at 5:48...so Howard Shore believed that the End Titles cue wasn't actually part of the soundtrack!? That seems like a crazy decision.

[video]http://youtu.be/42z2KTPfe-s?list=PLB0E84A5B4F60CBAE[/video]
By layneharvey
damn, i'm gonna have to flip a coin over this one. can't decide which variant to get...
By Hatter313
I've got a thing for grey and green, so even though i prefer scanners, i'll probably go for the brood color since i like that combo so much.
By NathanLurker
I prefer the cover artwork of THE BROOD but the vinyl color of SCANNERS. I think I'll go with best cover artwork for this one.

By layneharvey
@nathan - i think all of the LPs have both covers. one cover on the "front" and the other on the "back". at least, that is how i understood it.
By The Dentist
Wording was definitely confusing - it has both covers. It's only the colour of the vinyl you have to choose. @ghostfires fair point, but neither has ever been released on vinyl before.
By NathanLurker
thanks Layne and Dentist, I understood it wrong, you are right it's both covers and only the vinyl color that has to be chosen. scanners colors it is :D
By Hatter313
i do wish they'd get on with it. although the fact that Spencer is dropping two releases in an hour and a half suggests maybe that's when all three will go on sale...hmmm.
By Occhionero
Shit! I´m on the road till 18:30!
By zuko
Good digging @dumaisaudio
By ninjaqutie
I am SOOOO bummed! I have zero money to get this and I know it's going to sell out. :(