Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By NMA
Occhionero wrote:
NMA wrote:I think I am going to create my own liquid filled vinyl :D
Good idea! Let´s start a kickstarter campaign. We contact that guy who made the liquis for Mondo and WW. Why not?!
Awesome idea!
By blastman
Anyone know why Mondo are so averse to doing something about bots for drops like this? At least give genuine fans a shot at them...
By chandler75
blastman wrote:Anyone know why Mondo are so averse to doing something about bots for drops like this? At least give genuine fans a shot at them...
Is that a real thing... bots buying vinyl? I would imagine if a few hundred (or thousands?) people were trying to get one of the 75 copies at the same time, it would sell pretty fast...
By blue15
chandler75 wrote:
blastman wrote:Anyone know why Mondo are so averse to doing something about bots for drops like this? At least give genuine fans a shot at them...
Is that a real thing... bots buying vinyl? I would imagine if a few hundred (or thousands?) people were trying to get one of the 75 copies at the same time, it would sell pretty fast...
Yep. Google Mondotees bot...
By ScoJo
Yes.

They even have a twitter account. Here's a sample:

Heads up! Mondo will be releasing TWO Vinyls (The Big Gundown & Robocop) on WEDNESDAY. Try our Mondobot!

Cunts
By reddye6
monsterworship wrote:People, if everyone uses a Mondobot then no one uses a Mondobot.
Except that they are $50. Now, if I start flipping some vinyl to pay for my mondobot ...
By Hatter313
Does that say "vinyls"......?

Can't we at least be screwed by people who care a little bit :(

Ah well, I've never had too much trouble getting wax from them, that being said, I think I have all of two prints that were not purchased second hand or direct from artists themselves.
By Mateo Sanboval
monsterworship wrote:People, if everyone uses a Mondobot then no one uses a Mondobot.
By Bezulsqy
With a release like this being overseas doesn't help as well. When a record sells out within seconds, the time it takes for the response to go from Texas to the UK or Netherlands and back creates a disadvantage.
Even using a bot in Europe probably won't make that much of a difference.
There is one thing everyone can use to create a bigger chance of getting releases like this....
By Dollarhyde
??? WTF mondo bots ???

flipping is so lame. Anyone else notice the slew of 'The last of us' osts hit discogs at ridiculous prices just after the store restock when the low shipping rates came in.