Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By thedeepness
That ebay shit sucks, but what can you do. Every time I miss out on something one of the first ebay sellers to list it is a guy named pbr.me on ebay, and go figure he is the guy with 2 copies listed, something fishy is definitely going on with him. Either that or he has the best flipper douche luck ever.

I wanted the Jay Shaw print but struck out. I rarely try for prints (and have never gotten one I was after) but that is a cool print.
By Occhionero
The flippers on eBay using a photo with copyrights! Mondo should sue them at least for this issue ;-)
By sonnydexter
crazy money! haha people suck - but then again if you are prepared to pay eBay flippers this kind of dosh then why would it ever stop.... like most i just wish there was a way to beat these suckers from ruining release days where it goes from excitement to a big arghhhhhhh F**k it!!!

and yep tried for the Jay Shaw print too only to refresh like an idiot and fail.
By chandler75
The Cult Leader wrote: Chandler I'm soo sorry dude!! That was the original link that was giving out and today mondo Tweeted an update with this link
No problem at all man :) I wasn't that hooked on in anyway. The blood-filled F13 (which I'm happy to own and cherish) made more sense to me than this... yellow alien goo vinyl, or whatever it is :)
By Mateo Sanboval
1. The dude with 2 copies on eBay is the clear winner today. 2. The Shaw print was absolutely lovely. I wasn't around for the drop, but it would've been my choice of things to buy. 3. Dog. Is it possible to miss him? Because I think I miss him. 4. While the liquid filled does look really cool and recognizing that a clear liquid (acid) filled LP would look a bit silly, what does the color scheme have to do with the movie? I'm with Chandler on this one.
By jgibbs4053
i always see people on here selling albums for more than what they paid for them, so whats the diff between that and these other flippers?
By deafmetal
Mateo Sanboval wrote:While the liquid filled does look really cool and recognizing that a clear liquid (acid) filled LP would look a bit silly, what does the color scheme have to do with the movie?
The Alien franchise has always featured a greenish-yellow acidic blood for the xenomorphs:
By Mateo Sanboval
deafmetal wrote:
Mateo Sanboval wrote:While the liquid filled does look really cool and recognizing that a clear liquid (acid) filled LP would look a bit silly, what does the color scheme have to do with the movie?
The Alien franchise has always featured a greenish-yellow acidic blood for the xenomorphs:
Crumbs! I always thought it was a pussy goop/clear gel color, but that is as green as it gets, innit? Is that retconned on the special editions or has it always been that way?
By texasvinyl
jgibbs4053 wrote:i always see people on here selling albums for more than what they paid for them, so whats the diff between that and these other flippers?
I think there is a special distaste for flipping a pre-order way above retail price just minutes after the drop.

Not quite the same as buying something because you actually want it and then selling it sometime down the road to free up space or whatever. Most times for less than stuff cost new but sometimes for more.

But I also think if someone is gonna pay $700 for a novelty record (albeit a badass novelty record) then of course people are going to try to make a quick buck on it.
By Mateo Sanboval
texasvinyl wrote:
jgibbs4053 wrote:i always see people on here selling albums for more than what they paid for them, so whats the diff between that and these other flippers?
I think there is a special distaste for flipping a pre-order way above retail price just minutes after the drop.

Not quite the same as buying something because you actually want it and then selling it sometime down the road to free up space or whatever. Most times for less than stuff cost new but sometimes for more.

But I also think if someone is gonna pay $700 for a novelty record (albeit a badass novelty record) then of course people are going to try to make a quick buck on it.
By reddye6
Mateo Sanboval wrote:
deafmetal wrote:
Crumbs! I always thought it was a pussy goop/clear gel color, but that is as green as it gets, innit? Is that retconned on the special editions or has it always been that way?
I've associated that color with the franchise ever since that iconic Alien movie poster with the egg cracking in space and the yellow-green glow emanating from within.
By Mateo Sanboval
reddye6 wrote:I've associated that color with the franchise ever since that iconic Alien movie poster with the egg cracking in space and the yellow-green glow emanating from within.
I can see that for sure. Tons of that rich green in the artwork/effects/lighting.
By deafmetal
@Mateo - It sounds like you were associating more with the alien saliva/drool, which was definitely clear & goopy.

Here is the scene that started it all -- notice the color of the blood:

I will say that each successive sequel seems to "step-up" the green tinting in the blood.
By Aremagod
Are you serious that you don't see the difference between owning a record for a while then selling it at usually below current market price and buying a record specifically to flip?
By Mateo Sanboval
deafmetal wrote:@Mateo - It sounds like you were associating more with the alien saliva/drool, which was definitely clear & goopy.

Here is the scene that started it all -- notice the color of the blood:

I will say that each successive sequel seems to "step-up" the green tinting in the blood.
I can't believe I forgot that, Deaf. Before I even pressed play on the video I could see them cutting open the knuckle. Oh man. I feel Shame.
By bpwlogan
I really have no interest in this variant. I did check the Mondo website yesterday later in the day after I got off work just to see if this was still available. I figured for the price of this release it would be in stock for at least a day or so. Did no one who frequents STBC get a chance to purchase this? If that's the case all I can say is what a shame. It's too bad that someone from this site wasn't able to add this to their collection. I would think the majority of the people who wanted this release on this forum would love to keep it in their collection and not just purchase it to flip it.
By Bezulsqy
Tried as well, but no luck.
I wasn't expecting that almost 15% of the available 75 would hit eBay within a couple of hours....
Two or three well okay, but that many? I would love to see another way of releasing these. Lottery, contest, STBC members get first dibs or something :-)
Oh well. This was not the first time something like this happens and not the last time. In the end limited will always mean that it is not for everyone. And for anyone who wants the score on vinyl there are plenty of other variants to go around.
By The Cult Leader
Pretty solid Alien Day for me.

For anybody interested the Durieux Alien print goes on sale today 12 est via Bottlenecks website for those that didn't attend the screening.

By Occhionero
NMA wrote:I think I am going to create my own liquid filled vinyl :D
Good idea! Let´s start a kickstarter campaign. We contact that guy who made the liquis for Mondo and WW. Why not?!