Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By BasementHorror
I suppose this isn't proprietary information anymore, with the TPs out there. Purchases of MOND-000 don't require a confidentiality agreement.

So I figured we might as well get the conversation going.

It looks to be a 2LP of Horner's score, which I am assuming is sourced from the Deluxe Edition Varese put out on CD a few years back.

So, what does everyone think? The test pressings are already fetching huge ($200+) sums on eBay, so I am pretty sure this will be a monster release, with AMAZING artwork potential. I am pretty stoked.
By antimax
Sorta cool… But the Aliens soundtrack is already pretty readily available, right?
By BasementHorror
Yeah, very true. We'll see if the new content makes it worthwhile. Kinda like The Omen...not sure if this really needs reissued, but as a fan of the score and a HUGE fan of the movie, I still have hope for an awesome package.
By The Cult Leader
Mondo will ace the Alien soundtrack.
100% faith

But it might cost $100
By monsterworship
Are we talking about Alien or Aliens?
By BasementHorror
Aliens. Número 2. Horner, not Goldsmith.
By deafmetal
Although I have an original pressing I am happy with, I am curious what they would come up with regarding art design and liner notes. I do not want to pay $70+ though.
By toosoonjunior
It'll be a gatefold resembling a human chest plate with an alien that blasts out when you open it. MSRP $375.
By hncreature
I thought that each TP would have an original cover specifically reflective of what it is not just some generic cover like it is...weak! Don't they know it's just a black version of what it is...half of them already have that

OK...the Batman die-cut is pretty cool...but that's $100 for a 7"
By zuko
Joking aside, a pop-up chestburster in the gatefold would be wicked! (although maybe more suited to Alien than Aliens)
By Darren LD1984
Psyched for Aliens. A great soundtrack to do chin ups to!

By tim28212
Once again I am excited about this one. I haven't really been excited about any of their releases since JP and like JP I think it will be a big seller. I just hope Mondo does it at a reasonable price. I thoroughly enjoyed the Varese expanded edition, the CD stayed in my player for months. The expanded edition is over an hour of music. If you are interested in the content you can hear it on Spotify.
By Hatter313
would prefer Alien myself, but love this score too!
By static14

I for one will be grabbing this ;)
By Ptflea2
Love it Static! "Burke" is one of the best corporate, bottom feeding, brown-nosy villains of all time. His comeuppance is classic :)
By freshoj
I was pleased to hear that Paxton ad libbed this classic line.
By black7towr
[quote=32945]£7 and it’s yours right now! Or you can wait and pay $70 for a hipster painted oversize sleeve. It’s your choice!

http://www.discogs.com/James-Horner-Ali ... se/1449489

[/quote]
I just found this forum and i already have a dislike for some of it's members. Just don't post in this forum if your so bothered by the so called "hipsters" selling some cool limited artwork for this release. Just stick to collecting generic soundtracks.
By Hoodini
[quote=33094]

<div class="d4p-bbt-quote-title">Lino Banfi wrote:</div>
£7 and it’s yours right now! Or you can wait and pay $70 for a hipster painted oversize sleeve. It’s your choice!

http://www.discogs.com/James-Horner-Ali ... se/1449489

I just found this forum and i already have a dislike for some of it’s members. Just don’t post in this forum if your so bothered by the so called “hipsters” selling some cool limited artwork for this release. Just stick to collecting generic soundtracks.
[/quote]

I dig what Lino Meant ; but what are you saying ?
Aliens is what i would call a generic release ; i guess you should stick to it and let people discuss freely ; just an opinion ;)
By horseloverphat
I always liked him as Chet from Weird Science (not forgetting his small part in Terminator)

...but Aliens really put him on the map.

BISHOP!!!!
By nick1972
new version coming..........
Attachments
IMG_0430.PNG
IMG_0430.PNG (976.34 KiB) Viewed 7019 times