Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By texasvinyl
"It will first be available at MondoCon, with “a Carnival style record-throwing booth where attendees can test their post-apocalyptic zombie defense skills and earn the rarest version of the record.”

This sounds fun!!
By nick1972
P1ssed I'm not going !

Anyone up for grabbing a copy for me ?

I can paypal over some cash
By blue15
"For those unable to attend MondoCon, the record will be for sale online October 7, 2014."

SHAUN OF THE DEAD - 2 versions:

Regular Version:
Original Score Composed by Daniel Mudford & Pete Woodhead
Artwork by Jock.
Pressed on 180 Gram Black Vinyl, and randomly inserted Winchester Ale Colored Vinyl. Featuring liner notes by director Edgar Wright, and composers Daniel Mudford & Pete Woodhead. $25

“Do You Want Anything From The Shop…?” Version:
Original Score Composed by Daniel Mudford & Pete Woodhead
Artwork by Jock.
Pressed on 180 Gram Strawberry Swirl Vinyl. Featuring liner notes by director Edgar Wright, and composers Daniel Mudford & Pete Woodhead. Limited to 1,000 Copies. $25
By ninjaqutie
I'm definitely going to have to save up for mondocon one year :D
By blakeheartsmusic
What are my chances of getting one of these if I only have a Sunday ticket for Mondo con?
By texasvinyl
I sure hope Mondo does the smart thing and shelves some of their stock for Sunday-only attendees. It would be a major bummer to get there and find out everything is sold out because they let some douchenozzle flippers buy up multiple copies of everything on day one.
By chuck
Strawberry swirl and black versions already up on eBay. Deary me.
By Spun out of control
@texasvinyl

If you want to pick up any 'spares' for other forum members on the Sunday I'm sure we won't be complaining and you will be handsomely rewarded...! :)

Maybe now that DW's Spencer is the lord of all he surveys, perhaps we might get a Mondo (or Death Waltz?) Con in the UK at some stage? Hint, hint...

... Presume he won't be involved in organising Record Store Day in the UK any more?
By EdKings
So not cool to see al those flippers putting it up.. Would realy like one.. But not for this price :(
By The Cult Leader
I bit the bullet and bought a Winchester Ale for 59.99 off Ebay. I have seen them sell for more this morning.
the same guy i got mine just put 1 more up for $65(he said he won 2 at the record throwing contest).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jock-Shaun-Of-T ... 6016.l4276

Im pretty sure everyone will have a chance to get them when they go live on the website but if you want a definite variant you might want to grab it now.
By maxvelvet
@Cult, you bought a sealed album but the seller said "Winchester Ale Beer variant"...that variant it's randomly inserted...good luck! ;)
By dumaisaudio
Yeah, I've asked the seller how they know it's beer colored if it's still sealed. $60 isn't that bad for the variant if that's actually what it is.

Edit - So they got more copies? I'm waiting to hear back from the seller, as I'd buy it if they can confirm it's the beer one.
By The Cult Leader
@Cult, you bought a sealed album but the seller said “Winchester Ale Beer variant”…that variant it’s randomly inserted…good luck! ;)

Q.How do you know its the Winchester Ale version if its sealed?
Its randomly inserted with black vinyl.

A.They have a game where you throw vinyls at zombies. If you knock one head off, you get the ale version. Two heads = cornetto. No heads = black version. I knocked one head off each time.
By siforster
On sale tomorrow - $25 a pop, the Cornetto version limited to 1000.

Also, 500 random copies will also ship with a Zombie Extermination Disc: should the worst ever happen, you can use this blank disc as a weapon to save you from digging into your record collection.
By texasvinyl
Apparently the red one smells like strawberries
By lazyben
I don't remember this score at all (I have a vague recollection of some pop/rock songs though) and I can't find a sample anywhere. Is this any good?
By texasvinyl
I rather like it, have spun it four or five times since MondoCon
By lazyben
Ah thanks. I didn't even know (or had forgotten) mondo had a soundcloud.
By layneharvey
so which one is everyone going for? looks like we will have a choice between the strawberry swirl or the black/random ale. i'm thinking about trying for strawberry, but i'm sure that is the one others will also be going for first.
By Spun out of control
Would like - no, make that love - to see a vinyl/Mondo release for the soundtrack to the team's original sitcom 'Spaced'... came out originally on CD.

Handily enough, Mondo has already done a poster for it, so that could be re-used as a cover, which seems to be what is happening these days chez Austin:

Great poster by the way. The idea of combining it with the soundtrack on vinyl would be the very definition of awesome

Re: Shaun - the Winchester ale is the one I'd like the most - it will have to be a lucky (or possibly unlucky) dip.
By Alekspectre
Don't bite me too much...but i find the samples very boring...but hey! It's just my taste, and a copy of the strawberry variant for another lucky one ;)