Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By jgibbs4053
Stoked about this album. Hopefully doesn't go as quick as some previous albums. I'll be out working w a 3G wireless card on my laptop
By ghostfires
I agree that this score carried a very interesting story with it, and also that Kubrick made the right choice in the end. I can't imagine 2001 being as striking and memorable without the score he ended up using.

I definitely agree with Mateo that unearthing lost scores is always a damn good thing, regardless of whether you actually like or want to buy. Saving music people put hard work and love into deserves applause.
By layneharvey
i have reserved listening to this at all until i get a copy. i am stoked about this going up today. been waiting since i heard about it being at mondocon for it to go on sale to the general public. can't wait! i'll pass yet again on GRAVITY, though. although i do like how the variant looks compared to the other ones. also, still waiting on new of THE IRON GIANT!
By hncreature
ATTENTION!!!

Again...if you haven't been to MONDO since the switch to the new layout you will need to re-register!
By deafmetal
[quote=39875]Folks should be stoked that the big boys are still in love with this thing enough to dig something like this out. If it’s not your style, perhaps the next one will be. Making unavailable music available? This sort of thing is good for the game.[/quote]

Well said, @Mateo.
By RunOff
Order for two placed!
If anyone is hoping for a black one I will be happy to trade for anything else of similar value.

By antimax
Just ordered one. 2001 is one of my favorite films and I've never heard this original score. The samples sound great, can't wait to give it a spin.
By Dr.Funtime
I think it's great that Mondo unearthed this soundtrack, people. Never said otherwise. The historical and monumental significance, the whole 'lost relic thing' and such. Two thumbs up. I was just weighing the pros and cons of owning a soundtrack that I probably wouldn't actively listen to anymore than a couple of times. Not a big deal. However, I'll probably pick one up just because I'm a huge fan of 2001 and Kubrick's films in general. The variant is probably the sweetest one I've seen Mondo release, so far. And yes, the original is widely available and can be found at any record and/or thrift store for a couple of bucks. I guess I was just trying to say that if Mondo reissued the original, I would prefer that one over the newly discovered one. And yes, rights would be a nightmare. Lucky for me, I still have my copy of The Shining.
By blue15
Note that this is the first vinyl release of North's original score. Intrada was the first to release the actual score a few years ago on CD, since sold out.
By Vapourmire
Varese Sarabande version on Amazon.co.uk currently. Not sure if it's much cop though. Do we know which orchestra plays on the Mondo version?

By thedeepness
@ RunOff. I was traveling and missed the drop. I would be into trading for a black copy. I have a ton in my trade pile right now. Shoot me an email
thedeepness (at) yahoo (dot) com
By RunOff
Email sent!

Edit: Agreed to cancel, copy still available!
By dumaisaudio
My copy arrived today. Black vinyl, which is fine by me as it actually suits the artwork better. The package is cool, though the sleeve has a hard time coming out of the plastic outer sleeve. Double sided liner notes insert with lots of info. Probably won't get around to listening to it for a few days.
By ClaytonRyan
I got my copy today. I really like it a lot more than I thought I would. I'm trying to imagine how I would feel about the movie if this had been the music used. Not sure I can wrap my head around that, though.
By brycemillercomposer
Inspired by the synth soundtracks of the 80's as well as the sounds of current electronic and ambient music comes "CITY DEPTHS": the soundtrack for an imaginary film.

CITY DEPTHS will be released digitally on July 25th

This album hopes to capture the experience of walking or driving late at night through ambient textures and pulsing beats best experienced through headphones or stereo while exploring the night.

https://soundcloud.com/brycemiller-4/pu ... ity-depths