Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By philball1974
Yeah I saw that! No thanks Norman!
By zuko
To be fair I'm guessing that's Mondo's greed rather than Normans. £42 on Juno :(
By scottydoo
yeah we got offered that on presale in the shop this week and the dealer price was HUGE so had to say no,be suprised if many shops go for it so i think its prime for the distributor discounting it in a few months time after its been stuck on the shelf
By philball1974
Yep just like omen! Luckily for me I don't think it's a good score so am happy to pass.
By Spun out of control
Was really impressed with both the score and the packaging/artwork for the Mondo release of Gravity, myself.

Yes, £40+ is steep and I've also seen one retailer advertising it at around £50... but compared with what is already being charged on eBay and Discogs, while cheeky, it doesn't read as completely crazy.

It all comes down to how bad you want it, of course. Some will be prepared to feel shafted - some won't :)

Could argue if those pressing such records simply made more or offered a 'standard' non deluxe version that always stayed in print, then there wouldn't be such madness - but Mondo always appears proud of the fact its products are a sell out, and naturally this fuels the demand for the next release.
By ninjaqutie
I'm glad I pre-ordered mine when the madness was at bay. I have yet to see what mine could go for if I wanted to sell it to the highest bidder. Muahahaha. ::does creepy ebay flipper face:: I don't even know what that looks like, but I'll pretend that I do...
By zuko
By philball1974
^^ copyright infringement alert ^^^
By dumaisaudio
Insound and SoundStageDirect are doing preorders for $40. It's less than the eBay prices at least, but I'm not sure I'll grab one at that price.
By BasementHorror
I picked my up this past weekend from Amoeba. It was $37, but with their monthly 15% off sale and free shipping, it ended up being a little over $31 shipped.
By Whip Wilson
Details of another Gravity variant of 500 seeing release tomorrow with 2001.

LINKK (scroll down)
By zuko
The foil bag is cool, a neat tie in.
By The Cult Leader
^Thanks for the heads up! Didn't expect it to drop today.
By Whip Wilson
This has to be some kind of error. After they announce it via Twitter, Facebook, and email for tomorrow, they drop it tonight and they are giving everyone free shipping? Even international orders? I don't buy it. I mean, I bought it, but I don't buy it.
By ninjaqutie
I thought they went on sale tomorrow?
By nick_rising
Yeah has to be an error. Just clicked to place my order and was told it was no longer available.
By The Cult Leader
Yeah I thought the free shipping was kind of odd. No twitter announcement either.
By ninjaqutie
[quote=39811]This has to be some kind of error. I don’t buy it. I mean, I bought it, but I don’t buy it. [/quote]

Love this. :D
By Bub
Well before it got yanked I saw they were down to about 290. So if any of you really want one, best be on your toes tomorrow now that it's less than 500 that will be available.
By Whip Wilson
Standing by for a shipping invoice/order cancelation to hit the inbox.
By lazyben
I think that will do nicely for my new mondo thread theme...