Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By BasementHorror
As long as Mondo keeps placing no limits on how many of each you can purchase per person, this will be the flip-tastic world we will have to live in...
By Occhionero
But it is still to put in basket?!? ...and when you wanna pay it is no more available?!?
By Occhionero
Anybody got an extra copy?!?
By Frizzle-Frizzi
yes was like that 30 seconds after tweeter realese,still tryng...
By toosoonjunior
Yeah, if it's sold out, you shouldn't have the ability to add it to your cart only to find out at checkout it was already unavailable. Hopefully they'll fix that bug.

If I go to the grocery store and they're sold out of milk, I can't put a non-existent carton of milk in my cart. :)
By blastman
They just removed it altogether from the site...
By RunOff
What does this mean?:

ERROR FROM GATEWAY:

You do not have permissions to make this API call
By Spun out of control
Surely none of us regulars on here are surprised when this disappears from sale in the blink of an eye - or we can add it to cart but can't actually pay for it ...? :)

Frustrating, but fully expected it to go down something like this.

Was happy to bag a 2001 though. First it said sold out as I scratched my head at not being able to pay for Gravity, then I was able to pay for just the one somehow.
By chandler75
RunOff: Yeah, I got that as well when i tried to pay via PayPayl. It worked when I paid via VISA.
By manuorru
Definitely unlucky with Mondo's sales.
Anyone with a left Gravity copy? :-/
By RunOff
I switched it from a combo of balance & credit to taking the whole amount from my linked bank account and it worked.

FWIW, I don't think anyone here is "surprised" the sellout happens, I think they are surprised that the label doesn't care about their core market.
If they limit your basket to one copy the flippers will still find a way, you just don't have to make it EASY for them to buy in bulk. Subscriptions are good, or code for presale inside more obscure releases.

In the end, however, I know we have some control - your desire to have the record must not be stronger than your resolve to fix the system. If no one bought from the flippers they would stop. You can't complain about them and then tun around and give them money via eBay.
Remove the johns and the hookers go out of business.
By texasvinyl
They do have a two item per order limit though, right? So the guy selling ten copies had to have placed five separate orders. Hopefully no one buys those, this certainly isn't a $200 soundtrack.
By manuorru
Another curious Mondo's trick: shipping cost to Italy for 2 copies of 2001 is $37.10 (!!!), but for 2 copies of another single LP (e.g. SOTD, A Cat in the Brain) is $26!!!
No words.
By maxvelvet
Something strange happened because I'm sure that 500 copies in less of one minute it isn't crazy...it's just impossible! I mean, the Gravity album was one of the slowest Mondo sales...weeks have passed before it went sold-out...c'mon...so much enthusiasm only for a tiny foil over the same album cover? Wow...I wanted one copy but I'm happy anyway that I managed to pick up a copy of 2001, which was my initial goal! ;)
By toosoonjunior
Yeah, I'm also surprised the new edition of Gravity sold out so quickly. Aside from a Mondo release with massive mainstream appeal like Jurassic Park, there have also been quite a few slow-movers like Cat in the Brain, original Omen, Blue Sunshine, Coraline, Paranorman, Here Comes the Devil, original Gravity. I was also surprised that the latest press of the Omen sold out as quickly as it did as well, to be honest.
By BasementHorror
Never underestimate the allure of a guaranteed variant, I guess...
By Vector
It's what the VCers call THE HOBBY.
By The Cult Leader
The original variant held a high price on eBay. So im sure the dirty flippers just seen it as quick sale.
By renpen21
In the last day I've seen the good and bad of the new site, yesterday managed to get the BTTF print no problems all done within a minute. Today within 5 seconds I added Gravity to basket went to check out and got no longer available message. Crazy that you can add more than 1. I love mondos release but with the ballache of trying to grab something and carriage costs I've passed on probably last 4 titles. Would love a subscription like DW run, no hassle can relax when the madness begins
By toosoonjunior
Agreed, a subscription service would serve Mondo's customers well.
By deafmetal
I agree, if I could start a subscription without any worry about missing the Cannibal Holocaust drop that would be excellent.
By Occhionero
[quote=39926]Damn that went fast. Didn’t get this, but got a copy of 2001, don’t really care what variant I get with that one. I’m ok with it though, as I probably would have only listened to it once anyway.

For those who didn’t get it, you can order this from a lot of places online for the retail price of $39.99. InSound has it I believe, as well as SoundStageDirect.
[/quote]

This is the latest variant wrapped in foil? Or is it the first release?
By down.by.law
It's come to the point that if these companies sell a red and white swirl variant of the Jerry McGuire score and say 500 copies were made, the thing is gonna sell out in 2 min. These soundtracks have become merely an investment.

Definitely a shame for all the OST fans who used to spend hours searching Sam Goody for Varese Sarabande versions of all the Halloween soundtracks.
By RunOff
^^ "...you had me at swirl"
By stumpybunker
Missed out on this one, but strangely ordered 4 others , including 2001, from Mondo. How did that happen?! Was only going to limit myself to DW and Possibly One Way Static due to wallet constraints! Damn this site and its enticements! I love you all!