Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By scottydoo
So whos gonna try for one ? Im pretty nervous really wanna get atleast one but not sure if i should risk trying for more than one , also which to go for Man bat wasnt available at comicon so should be the highest amount available but does that mean lots of people will be looking to complete the set so better to try one of the other ones , I wish buying records was less stressful sometimes :)
By BasementHorror
Now that it's been confirmed that Mr. Freeze is sold out and will not be a part of the drop...

...it can be yours for only $130!!!!

Man, do I hate flippers.

Even so, I will still probably try and grab one tomorrow.
By Gehirn
Is there a set time (and what timezone) they go up ?
By zuko
Absolutely love this theme, great memories of Saturday morning TV, but fuck that price.
By skate
They're certainly expensive when you also factor in shipping, particularly overseas. I think these releases are a little different though, and should largely be viewed as collectibles, rather than vinyl that most would play (at least regularly) - particularly as in addition to everything else you say regarding 'value', each 7" contains less than three and a half minutes of music, with three of the four tracks being different versions of the End Credits, and almost identical. That just screams 'collectible'.

As collectibles, I recognise that the prices are going to be higher per minute of music than your average LP vinyl. The collectibility is the reason why people have been paying four times as much for these on eBay as Mondo are selling them for.

By the way, Jurassic Park was a double vinyl with approximately the same runtime as Gravity.
By monsterworship
They were actually $17 ish cause they had to charge sales tax at sdcc.
By monsterworship
And btw, colored vinyl is not cheaper.
By Hatter313
I'm going to try, I'd like to snag a copy of each variant, Batman, elfman, colored vinyl, all my favorite things. but i'm sure i won't be able to, and will probably end up giving into the obscene prices they are already going for on ebay. flippers suck man
By dumaisaudio
They're allowing 4 per order, meaning it's only $7 to ship them all, which is nice.
By Hatter313
and gone already, what the hell, stupid mpondo denied my CC
By scottydoo
Yippie great success got Man-bat and Clay Face, Looks like my Plan Paid off going for the highest availablity first gave me chance to pick up a second, due to cart problems and not wanting to try and amend my order (and add another page in the process to fail) looks like i have extras of both coming so anyone that missed out i can sort out once they arrive :)
By The Cult Leader
I was able to get a Clayface & Manbat.
I would have had no problem getting the Harley & Joker if the site wasn't so slow. but whatever, im still happy. I already got the Mr Freeze from someone off facebook. Since I probably wont complete the collection ill end up trading 2 of them later down the road.
By karswell
Yep same here, funny how we all got Man bat and Clayface, it said I bagged all 4 all way up to Paypal page then said Joker & Harley SOLD OUT! What a Mondo drag as usual, plus just to rub it in the crippling shipping costs to UK is the same for 2 as for 4 singles. Moan moan moan
By Hatter313
If anyone who is in the US who snagged extras of man bat and clayface is interested in selling once they come in, I'd probably be interested in buying. I got so frustrated with having the other 2 in my cart and not being able to check out that I missed them and am away from my desk now. Oh well. Thanks!
By renpen21
I got Harley Quinn and Joker all way to payment page then sacked it off, $32 for shipping 3 7" singles !!! Worked out around £15.00 each a single
By thedeepness
My boss asked me to come look at some billings in his office, I sit back at my computer and all gone. Bummer.
I would like 1, don't really care which, if someone wants to trade or sell keep me in mind. thedeepness (at) yahoo (dot) com
By PaulZaza
every single is sold out! within 25minutes!!

got the 2 that i wanted:

clayface and manbat with the coolfoldout sleeves

hate the mondopolitics but this series was so cool and part of my childhood, i had to have this!
By Hatter313
Ok, not to harp on this, but 20 new listings on ebay in the last ten minutes, at least 15 include or are the manbat one from today's sale...unbelievable flippers man, what shortcuts through mondo's system do they have that we don't..haha
By scottydoo
the replys on the mondo twitter feed make for interesting reading, lot of angry people out their but i must admit out of the 4 things ive tried to get from mondo in the past im 3 and 1 so far (and could have had the batman 66 before comicon but changed my mind)and the 1 i bought on ebay afterwards for a cheaper price. i think the main issue is the lack of stock going on in the first place that people dont seem to understand , with those 3 being available at comicon allready id guess the joker and harley quinn had tiny amounts go up today
By liftman2013
Can i throw my name into the mix if someone has an extra to give away at reasonable cost of course

Dont mind which one one of any would be cool. Totally missed the drop on this
By deathwaltz
I can tell you now 7" are NOT cheap to
Produce ...
By chandler75
Spence: Then why bother? 12" are so much cooler :)
By ghostfires
Exactly what Rasmus said! Forget selling 7" singles if they're expensive...just go with all 12" everything!
By synthxanderharris
I like 7 inch singles quite a bit. It sucks that their popularity has fallen off over the years due to the expense of production. I personally think that even if the work was on a 12 inch, I still couldn't imagine shelling out 15 bucks for 5 minutes of music. That's not a good return on investment, in my opinion.