Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By jgibbs4053
I had 3 in the cart at paypal but my horrible 3G wasn't quick enough. Luckily I was able to get the Manbat version
By Gehirn
Wish I knew what time they were going on the site so I could've woken up, but I guess that's what I get for living outside the US.
If anyone has a spare I'd love to buy it.
By philball1974
7" sucks. The only one i own is the DW Frizzi. And these prices are insane. I sometimes wonder about soundtrack collectors. You get the dicks who flip but who are these people that are buying them at crazy prices.

Thank god for so much quality non soundtrack stuff that is still unpopular!
By lazyben
7″ sucks. The only one i own is the DW Frizzi.

Phil, you don't do yourself any favours with comments like this. That isn't even a proper 7" but a flexi which is definitely and by design a highly compromised format. Regular 7"s are generally going to be of slightly lesser sound quality than LPs but if they're made with care it's not a big deal.

As a collector of music you will miss out on a lot if you dismiss any formats (except for cassettes obviously as they are the magnetic tapeworms of satan). I have thousands of 7s and many of them there is no other way to get the music contained within.
By Hatter313
For something like this, I dig 7". I mean, I collect 12" singles also, but there's something about the quick little play on them that I really like. Plus, as a collector of the art as much as the music, I think the format really works great for the tv theme thing. I've got all of DW they did for RSD a while back, and I love the mondo tales from the crypt set too. Flippers not withstanding, I love everything about these batman 7", hopefully I can snag them for a reasonable price...but doubtful. :(
By maxvelvet
I love totally seveninches! And it isn't a matter of how many minutes of music they may have or how much they cost compared to lp's...a musical collection without singles 45rpm or 7" it's simply inconceivable ! ;)
By antimax
[quote=27281]7″ sucks. The only one i own is the DW Frizzi.
[/quote]

What? Why do 7" suck?? Haha… I've got plenty of 7" that I love listening to.
By philball1974
Sorry to offend you 7inch lovers. I'm just not a fan of singles. The OCD in mean can't cope with them looking out if place, there too short and I have to manually change speed on the TT (admittedly that's not the 7s fault but my rega).

I don't listen to vinyl all the time, general music in the house comes from other sources, vinyl time is my relaxing time so I like to put on a lp and relax.

And as for some songs only being available in 7", I've got so much music, it really doesn't matter to me if I miss some songs!
By deathwaltz
The 7" single is one of the most iconic products of the last 60 years. It defined the 50s/60s and enabled teens to purchase records which in turn helped shape youth movements .
I love 7". I myself stated buying 7" as a kid (usually ex chart and half price) and still buy them now .
By philball1974
To be fair id say the ipod was more iconic and relevant to music distribution than anything gone before!
By zuko
Nonsense! :) Vinyl is over a 100 years old and still going, iPods are just over a decade old and have already been superceded by smartphones. You could go pretty much anywhere in the world and someone could draw you a picture of a vinyl record. Now THAT'S iconic.
By philball1974
Lol! Just saying.

Trust me I'm not about to get into a vinyl v ipod war on a dedicated forum for (us) vinyl lovers!!
By maxvelvet
[quote=27295]To be fair id say the ipod was more iconic and relevant to music distribution than anything gone before![/quote]

"...prepare the rope and then light the pyre, NOW!" :D
By StrangeVices
I'm super late to responding to this thread, but oh well. I've been in forum hibernation. I absolutely love 7"s. They are so damn iconic and they also introduced me to hundreds of bands growing up. For anyone that grew up in punk and hardcore scenes, especially in the 90s like myself, you'd go to shows and grab handfuls of 7"s at $3/$4 a piece of bands you never heard of. It's how I was introduced to great music and the culture. Maybe I'm just used to collecting them and it's pure nostalgia but I love them! I'll never forgive myself for selling my first press Gorilla Biscuits 7" years ago. haha
By blastman
Hey Paul, nice clip but mein Deutsch is a little rusty. I presume you bought from the website, if so when did you get these?
By mattbsx
blastman I got my copy of the bat last week (Thurs or Friday)... I am in Fort Worth, so not far from Mondo down in Austin
By blastman
Cheers Matt
By PaulZaza
@ blastman

i got them from the Website but they soldout pretty fast! wanted all but igot the 2 i really wanted

Kind regards
By skate
It looks as if the missing batman variant for this series will be released on Black Friday.

By reelybored
Any idea on cost for this?
By dweebofthedead

Mo at Mondo said, "Die-cut bat symbol 12-inch single of Danny Elfman's Batman The Animated Series Theme Song, coming Black Friday on mondotees.com"
By Occhionero
The shaped picture disc is back, cool!
Will this be an BF release?