Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By VinyLOST
I managed to grab 1 copy of each (HBTC) & (Twins of Evil) of the limited of only 100 DW copies of House by the Cemetery & Twins of Evil, I grabbed quite a few things that I am very proud of. I managed to talk to Waxwork Rec about the blood filled vinyl, they haven't even been pressed yet, but the rest of us get our variants shipping out next week I believe, don't quote me, but I'm sure that's what I heard. Waxwork will also be releasing Trick or Treat ( not Trick r' Treat 80's film), this I am very much looking for it will have 3 variants. At the DW booth I managed to snag a copy of "the Fog" (BLACK COPY for $50), eat it Discogs person for your $250 copy. And yes you must have to purchase a ticket to see TCM tomorrow night to get the DW print for it, but their are no DW originals for sale here. I'll keep posted with some pics, oh yeah, I had Jay Shaw sign my "Maniac" litho, & purchased a copy of Friday the 13th (green) from Jay Shaw as well, had him slit the side of the original shrink wrap and sign the red iris of the eye on the cover of the vinyl jacket. I'll post some pics here soon!!! Mondo & DW are now ONE!!!!!! pretty much world domination for vinyl for both sides meaning the US & UK!
Now we can all be happy and attend these events. About to head to go to End of an Ear for more vinyl, I'll ne back, going to meet some fellow board vinyl buddies! Everyone here is great, I took 2 tries to win the Strawberry "Shaun of the Dead" vinyl. To get the strawberry variant you have to pay $25 +tax, to throw 180g leftover Omen vinyl from Mondo that I guess are bad, at 3 zombies, if you do not knock one single head off you get a black vinyl, you knock off 1 zombie head you get a "Beer Top" variant which I did get! You knock 2 zombie heads off you receive a "Strawberry variant". At 2:30 only a little over a dozen he said have been won of the strawberry. The vinyl you throw, the somehow damaged Omen vinyl that looked quite nice imp,took a quick look, and looked quite well, no scratches or anything, just no gatefold with them, this is the artillery you use to knock the heads off.

I'll be checking in later with pics, got to finally meet Spencer & Carlos of DW, Jay Shaw,Gary Pullin which did the artwork for "They Live" and was kind enough to autograph my "They Live " Litho!

This has been the greatest time I have had in years, I mean an art & Vinyl convention of our favorite labels and artists!!! Absolutely beautiful ;))))

Everything is so cheap with NO SHIPPING!!!!!!! even the vinyl is dropped to the ground prices for amazing vinyl!!!

guys, I am a huge fan of this F13th green vinyl, it's beautiful. Cannot wait for the others.
By Darren LD1984
Sounds like you had a great day there VinylLost and nice scoop on Trick Or Treat! Looking forward to seeing some pics
By texasvinyl
Sounds fun, can't wait to get down there for tomorrow!
By NMA
Anyone willing to help me get one copies of some of the exclusive vinyl titles @ MondoCon and ship them to Turkey? :/
By EdKings
Or the Netherlands :( .. Would love a Iron Giant or SotD. (Or 2001)
By EdKings
It's so sad to see that a lot of people seem to go to such a convention ONLY to buy the exclusive records to flip them. There are already so many IronGiants, Loopers and Shean's on Ebay. Wish I could attend such a convention like Mondocon for myself and just buy the records in peace and with ease like most of you.. Very jealous :) Keep bringing the good stories guys! *goes crying in featus position under the shower*
By The Cult Leader
Why so you can try to flip them on discogs for a ridiculous price??

Get the fuck outta here

Really $100 for Black devil doll from hell? C'mon SON! really?

By NMA
First of all let me state that I have been collecting vinyl records for years. If you are conducting a background search, do it properly. Here's my full collection for you:

http://www.discogs.com/user/NMANMA/collection

If I wanted to do flipping I could have done it in a proper way.

I never do flipping and I am against flippers. I occasionally purchase one of each available color variants of some titles and I have a right to sell them if I want, right?

Regarding Black Devil Doll From Hell prices... Do you have the slightest idea how much I paid for a single 7" (counted as 12" due to the puppet) including shipping and handling to Turkey? It is obvious that you don't know. This is not flipping at all. You always think that non-US guys pay 5 USD for shipping and handling as well.

When it comes to Mondo Maniac... I would never sell my copy of Maniac. That's just for fun. That has always been there. It is my only copy. It is there to show how ridiculous things can get.

Lastly, nobody gives you the right to say "get the FUCK outta here". You are totally biased and rude.
By NMA
Were you able to read and understand what I write above?

Or were you just able to capture the last paragraph on your Android device?
By NMA
@EdKings Same here! Very jealous of those US-guys! I wish I could add those titles to my collection as well :/
(Despite the fact that someone is trying hard to blacklist me and label me as a flipper)
By The Cult Leader
[quote=31885]Were you able to read and understand what I write above?

Or were you just able to capture the last paragraph on your Android device?
[/quote]
lol yeah I read it. It just seems to me that saying you're not really selling them for that price and just trying to have fun, sounds like a cop out. but whatever... Good luck with your sales.
By NMA
No. That was valid only for Mondo Maniac! I would never sell that one at all!

Besides, I don't need any luck with my sales. I'd rather trade instead of selling.

Did you go over my whole vinyl collection using the link I provided, by the way?

You have just officially labeled me as a flipper on this board and I don't know what to do now other than feeling down and being sad!
By The Cult Leader
Nobody is going hard trying to slander you. I just happened to look at my wantlist on discogs and seen your obscene prices and thought WTF. Im not going to keep going back and forth with you though. It is what it is, you're just selling them for that price for "fun" LOL
By NMA
You keep generalizing that "fun" expression to everything on my items-for-sale-list. I just said it was only valid for Maniac.

To make you happy, I have just deleted that listing for Maniac!

Do you think 100 USD is obscene for Black Devil Doll From Hell sets? Do you know how much I paid for them?
By The Cult Leader
[quote=31890]
Do you think 100 USD is obscene for Black Devil Doll From Hell sets? Do you know how much I paid for them?
[/quote]

After shipping the total was $13
By NMA
I purchased them directly from the website. I am telling you that the price I paid was abnormal due to the website counting each as a 12" vinyl record.

By the way, I am from Turkey not US. Do you have the slightest idea how much USPS shipping costs have increased?
By chandler75
I really don't see any flipping here and think the label is unjust in this case.

NMA has more than 1,000 records in his collection and am selling 85 releases including 12 soundtracks. None of them are brand new releases and most of them are valued at what they usually go for. And is it crazy to want to get as much as possible so you can buy new stuff?
By chandler75
I think we have to make a distinction between buying stuff and then (for whatever reason) selling it at a later point for a higher price than was initially paid because the market value has increased - and then buying stuff for the sole purpose of turning a quick buck.
By The Cult Leader
I agree. I am sorry NMA for misjudging you, just at a quick glance it seemed funny.
By NMA
I have just started For Sale / For Trade topic for some titles in my collection. Being labeled as a "flipper" is the worst thing that has happened to me in years. Seriously.

Please visit the topic if you are interested:

http://www.spintheblackestcircles.com/f ... of-nmanma/

By dumaisaudio
Back on topic, that beer Shawn of the Dead looks rad! I definitely want to grab that one, here's hoping!
By texasvinyl
Dumais are you here? I am peeping these prices while in line for the mondo booth... Looper is $76, Iron Giant B version is $110, and MOND-000 is also $110. Holy cannoli Batman!!!

OK after getting these I can understand the cost. looper and iron giant are crazy cool, maybe the two most elaborate packages I've ever seen. Very awesome stuff!
By NMA
Once again... Can anyone get me a copy of Looper, Iron Giant, Mondo-000, Shaun and 2001 and ship them to Turkey?
By Purplemule74
If some folks could post some pics of the convention, that would be cool!