Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Cloudships
I didnt expect the dan mccarthy version to sell out in 5 minutes. I cant believe theres so much hate for his art on that version, the inside gatefold looks gorgeous.
The discogs entry for this release says 3000 on black, does that mean 2000 with the splatter?
not super suprised that it sold out so fast, considering people treat mondo vinyl as its own commodity and Jurassic Park was a pretty huge movie with a killer score. I remember having the Main Theme Cassingle as a kid
By Whip Wilson
[quote=23117]The discogs entry for this release says 3000 on black, does that mean 2000 with the splatter?[/quote]It sure does. Not counting the mber veraion, this is the highest variant to standard ratio that Mondo has ever pressed. Smart move. I think it kept variant hounds purchasing in quantity well after the amber sold out.
By dumaisaudio
It is surprising that the Ver A sold out in less than a week. I opted for the Ver B, but now that they're both sold out, kinda makes me wish I had gotten both.
By icyjones
I picked the cheaper shipping, and just got an email saying it has shipped.
By philball1974
I feel I have to say I find it really annoying that a record that cost so much Mondo couldn't use a consistent type face for their track listing.

By siforster
Anyone else not got a shipping notification yet? :(
By philball1974
Originally I had an email saying shipping in 6 weeks, but had shipping notification a week after that and arrived Saturday in UK.
By toosoonjunior
I ordered mine like 10min after JP went live and mine still shows as 'Processing'. No shipping notification yet.
By siforster
Mine doesn't even say that it's Processing - it just says "New" :(
By chandler75
It seems to be pretty random... I got my copy - shipped to EU - about a week ago. Maybe because I ordered "The Visitor" at the samme time...?
By toosoonjunior
Okay, mine appears to have finally shipped yesterday.

Did I also mentioned I live in Dallas, TX...just a few hours north of Mondo HQ. I'd be interested to know what their shipping procedure is. It seems to be mostly random, but I'm sure they have their reasons.
By tonyandrewgiles
@si - mine says new too!

I ordered within 5 minutes of it going live & after emailing them asking why it's taking so long they just gave me a load of nonsense about it being a big seller so could take a while to ship.
By Spun out of control
Still waiting on my copy of JP to ship, but then I did order the delayed Gravity at the same time to save on postage.

So guess that is prolonging the wait... :)

Never mind, plenty of other great releases to listen to in the meantime.
By renpen21
Had my delivery turn up today, was lucky enough to get the amber and black version, unfortunately the sleeve for the black version is a mess, glue has either dried out or not worked as sleeve is loose in a bad way. I've mailed mondo so will hopefully sort me out with a replace me sleeve.
By scottydoo
if the sleeve isnt damaged then the answer my friend is Pritstick :)
By chandler75
Did anyone else get the Dilophosaurus version? It looks great, but the audio quality is unfortunately not that great. There's a lot of noise, especially in the quiet parts.
By antimax
Rasmus - I've noticed that characteristic from many multicolor heavily-splattered vinyl. They always look cool, but I think the variety and pattern of colors creates a texture that is obviously gonna be picked up by the needle. :/
By repulsion
Still have not received any shipping notification, ordered right after its release... hopefully all variants have been shipped already and I will get a quiet black one :)
Thanks to Rasmus for the info
By tim28212
@rasmus, I tend to agree with @antimax, the vinyl for splatter editions and multi color splits tend to be noisy, I wanted JP for the music and received the black edition and the vinyl is very quiet. I am at the point where if the variant is not a solid color I want the black edition.
By liftman2013
The odds on getting the variant are still the same despite the delay

Yeah well last 6 have been black anyway so wont get my hopes up delay or not
By philball1974
On Discogs you can buy a brand new sealed copy, where the seller claims

"brand new and still sealed!!! seal only broken laterally to check colour (black)"

Love those broken seal still sealed records
By maxvelvet
LOL :D

Got a shipping notice just today! ;)
By toosoonjunior
I just buy Mondo titles at my local shop because the shipping is pricey for me as well and I live just a few hours away from Mondo HQ. :)

Jurassic Park excluded because it was exclusively sold by Mondo.
By deathwaltz
Lets keep this on topic please
By scottydoo
Both mine have turned up today in pristene condition and I got the varient, very pleased and only got shipping notification back end of last week.