Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By RandomHajile
Got JP today in the mail as a surprise birthday present from the older brother. How can you beat that? I've been haunting eBay since it sold out, looking for a fair price. Got the black vinyl, love the packaging and it sounds great. It's mildly frustrating though that the linear notes inside say "This vinyl LP marks the premiere of the remastered and expanded score for JURASSIC PARK on physical media of any kind."

Except... it's not. There are four bonus tracks on the digital 20th anniversary release that aren't included on the vinyl. The total length of the expanded score is 81 mins. If you look at the track listing, it would very easily break down into groups of tracks of 21-23 mins each, with the last side then being around 15-16 mins.
By nick1972
Whoop whoop

just received my shipping confirmation :0)
By repulsion
Mondo update: "we won't be receiving the lp until late september"
means this will arrive late october... oh man...
By siforster
It's a fair enough response and reason I guess, even if it is a bit weird that we're getting this delay notification when nick1972 up there gets a shipping notification of the same thing.

Ah well, I've waited this long, I can hang on a bit longer. Hope they can change my address though, as I'm moving in a couple of weeks :)
By tim28212
It's not expanded. I have an original Brazilian import and the track listings are the same. I don't notice any difference between the two except Mondo's is far better.
By EdKings
So apparently my order of 2 records has been shipped.. Partially. So one record is on it's way, the other one comes later?
Not that i'm complaining.. But isn't it cheaper for them (shipping costs) to send it as one package?

And can someone tell me about the variant version A. Has anyone already had an clean and silent one? Or do they al his, pop and crackle?
So should I be glad with a variant or the black one?
By tonyandrewgiles
So mine just arrived & even though I had to wait a little over 2 months for it (well done Mondo) I did actually receive a variant copy.

Haven't had a chance to play it yet so can't comment on the quality of the vinyl but it has made me ponder, if Mondo had to 'acquire' more stock to fulfil orders does that mean the number of variant discs has been upped?
By Spun out of control
@TAG

Who knows - I also lucked out and got a JP variant, so am happy to leave it at that... had ordered along with Gravity so assumed that added to the delay with my own order. Gravity was the black, but one variant out of two ain't bad...

Actually I had heard Gravity black vinyl was preferable for the quieter parts of the record (how I console myself when I see the predictably huge prices the Gravity variant is now attracting on eBay and Discogs).

JP diplo variant also plays like a dream.
By tonyandrewgiles
@spun - totally agree with you, just made me wonder if all the people who had a delay were getting sent a variant to make up for it.

Either way I'm happy it's here and glad to hear it sounds great on the diplo colour way.

Hands down one of my favourite scores & I can't wait to get it spinning :)
By Vapourmire
Version B arrived today after the biggest ordering fiasco i've ever encountered. Great memories of the film though and an outstanding score.
By EdKings
So, my first of two arrived today.. It's an Dil-Variant version A, wich is nice..

But O MY GOD does it sound bad :'(
Cracks, pops, hisses.. They are all there.
But the most dissapointing part is.. When the big epic parts begin to play, it sounds like an old radio broadcast. It seema if the record is realy trying to push it out but can't. So bummed!

Also the record is bend, so my arm is like doing al kinds of excercise going up and down..
Going to contact Mondo to see what they can do about this issue, here's hoping my other record comes in black!
By Oiche

Well, I for one don't mind waiting for records if it means I get guaranteed variants! :D I have enough to listen to christ knows. Must admit am quite happy with these. Jurassic is not as quiet as some pressings but have no real issues with it so far. Side 1 playing loud and proud.
By siforster
Anyone else waiting, or is it just me now?
Order still says "New"...
By EdKings
So.. My order-status just went from new to extinct..
Anyone else still waiting?
By brucechimp
I'm still waiting too.
By siforster
I got an email a short while back saying that they were still waiting for the records to come in, it was really apologetic and I'm fine with that.
It's obviously something that's a bit of a sod and it's crap that it's still ongoing, but while vinyl becomes more popular, the number presses remain depressingly constant and the majors jump queues like there's no tomorrow, stuff like this happens - and every now and then, stuff like this happens to the same thing over and over again.

At least I'm in the UK, so if I ever want to listen to Jurassic Park's soundtrack, all I ever need to do is put ITV2 on once every couple of days, and there it is. And when it's not Jurassic Park, it's Star Wars (they must have lost the Gladiator DVD recently)
By Whip Wilson
Got the same email, Si. I bought two copies (one for by Brother's birthday). That was in September and you know I'd already opened mine so now his'll be Christmas present instead. Well, hopefully.
By brucechimp
The last email they sent said they would ship at the end of September. I emailed them in October and they said "Unfortunately, we are at the mercy of the pressing plant, whom have basically cut off all ties in communication with us". Which doesn't sound good. They did offer a refund, but I still want the record if they can actually ship it. I feel like maybe they should offer those of us still waiting first dibs on a record or poster drop since we've been very patient with this.
By siforster
Perhaps instead of bubblewrap they should pack the LP in a Gremlins sweater :D

Last email I got back in September mentioned the word "ordeal", and when customer service types use that word I feel their pain - it also probably cuts a bit deeper when we're waiting for something that other people already have, but when the pressing plant isn't playing fair (I suspect the majors' new-found fondness for re-releasing any old crap and their ability to force their way to the front of any processing queue may well be to blame) everyone loses.

We should all chip in and buy a factory that makes the things that make records again.
By siforster
IT'S RUDDY WELL SHIPPED!

this pleases me.
By tonyandrewgiles
@Si - Woo Hoo!

This is wonderful new buddy, hope it arrives soon :)
By Whip Wilson
Same here. On both counts.
By siforster
Thankfully I've not been too left out, as ITV have been kindly repeating the films on a loop since early summer (they've obviously lost the Gladiator DVD that they used to play incessantly). The delay's just been one of those things and I'm thrilled it's finally moving (Christmas post giving it an extra edge of "ooh, when?"), my getting a Shaun Of The Dead variant last month has probably exhausted my luck in that department though :)