Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By scottydoo
Ok might aswell get this started, personally I'm excited for this tho with the 2 variants on sleeve and vinyl I've not idea which to go for I hope the onsale isn't a nightmare having recently missed out on some mike Mitchell prints I wanted from them. Have we had any indication on print sizes yet?

I like that they have said it's only available from them direct as I hate the wait to see if stuff makes it to retail in the uk (omen I'm looking at you)
By The Cult Leader

damn these look hot

One thing of note: We are the exclusive vendor of this record. These will not be distributed to record stores so if you want a copy you have to grab one on our site beginning on June 11th.
By Whip Wilson
Amber edition of 1,000.
Black w/Dilophosaurous random insert of 5,000.
The Diliphosaurous variant was pressed at about 33% of the run which is higher than their usual variant to black ratio. Both will be available exclusively online through Mondo, save for an "early listening party" in Austin roughly one week prior to release.
By horseloverphat
I like the amber version personally, perhaps due to the direct film tie-in regarding amber...although (I have to say) I'm not a particularly huge fan of the film itself.
By Whip Wilson
The Dilophosaurous variant is a direct tie in to the film as well. It is the color of the flaps that open up when that little bugger spits poison at Newman (Wayne Knight) at the end of the film. But the amber variant is the one long rumoured and far more iconic to be certain.
By Whip Wilson
Mondo is hosting a JP listening party on June 9th and both versions will be for sale there. As a I am filled with covetous desire towards the amber variant, I started a Vinyl Buddy thread to that end right about...HERE
By scottydoo
i really cant decide which to go for may have to try and get both hope they follow the recent mondo trend and dont sell out instantly
By philball1974
Packaging looks awesome with the diplodocus(?) front cover.
By W666GNT
I am sure I am being a little slow here, so I apologise in advance. Are we saying that the vinyl will be either be amber [the main verson] and the multicolour being the variant?

Also how many are being made based on it being a limited edition and of those how many will be the variant?
Also will they be distributed to the likes of Amazon or just available from Mondo?
By hncreature
@W666GNT - Two choices...three versions...and you'll be able to order both

The amber vinyl is a separate variant...1000 pressed

The Dino variant is randomly inserted when ordering that version...assume you are ordering black but you may be lucky and get the Dino variant...actual variant total unknown

Sounds like this will be only available through Mondo on and there after June 11th - I wouldn't worry about the listening party on June 9th and not being able to get an amber variant...you'll just have to be on the ball when they go on sale on the 11th

@scottydoo - Just be on the ball with the amber...that will go fast - Trend of selling out instantly? Have you seen the last few releases? Still able to pick months later...so while I wouldn't fall asleep on this one the trend has been just the opposite
By ninjaqutie
I have quite the dilemma; I like the amber vinyl because of the movie tie in and that is how it all started, but I like the cover from the other one better. :/

Edit: I think I will go with the black vinyl version. If I get a variant, cool. I think the cover of the record is almost as important as the music and I'm just not feeling the cover of the other version. Seeing as I have the opportunity to take advantage of this for a change, I might as well use it.
By horseloverphat
[quote=21194]I have quite the dilemma; I like the amber vinyl because of the movie tie in and that is how it all started, but I like the cover from the other one better. :/[/quote]

The other variant looks like an exploded watermelon imo...the amber variant cover is minimalist, the other cover is softer and more detailed. All in all and whichever you take...it looks like another very good release from Mondo.

By monsterworship
Wow that looks great.

And is this Mondo's first insert?
By hncreature
Looks amazing - How'd you get that already?

@MW...an insert came in Oblivion and Studio Ghibli Kokyo Kyokushu
By The Cult Leader
Not mine, wish it was... I found these pictures on Discogs.
By icyjones
Grrrr...Why do those have to look so cool?
By scottydoo
@hncreature yeah that's what I put the current trend of bit selling out (I've tried to get a few prints recently from them and it's laughable how quickly they go) so really pleased that the records have calmed down, hoping that the size of the film and popularity doesn't effect the onsale
By scottydoo
Stupid iphone auto correct *trend of NOT selling out :)
By ninjaqutie
I like the insert! Neat little addition. :) Don't care for their version of the variant though. Looks messy. Ick. I'd rather it look nice and pretty like the picture up top or just plain black. LOL. This is the one time where I actually wouldn't mind the black. Too much could go wrong here and make it look messy in my opinion.
By reelybored
I'm pretty sure I will cave in when this drops, I love me some j Williams
By hncreature
@scottydoo - The prints...silly...I don't even bother getting excited about those - Last one was the H35 Halloween...Michael in the laundry...what was left sold in seconds

@reelybored - Was the same way until I heard it - It was a nice change from all the electronic OSTs that have been on the forefront...and it's Williams

...have a listen again...

@ninjaqutie - If you get the variant and I get black I'd be happy to swap them...you wouldn't have the Coraline variant that you'd want to swap out?
By Purplemule74

This release even makes puppies yawn. And they're so full of energy too.
By ninjaqutie
[quote=21376]@ninjaqutie – If you get the variant and I get black I’d be happy to swap them…you wouldn’t have the Coraline variant that you’d want to swap out?
[/quote]

I actually DO have the Coraline variant, but I want to keep it (it's a beauty!) It is the FIRST time I have ever gotten a Mondo variant. You don't want to depend on me for a variant anyway, I am like 1:9 or worse. You'd have better luck paying Layne to buy one for you. The Mondo vinyl tzars bless his mailers with dragon tears and something magical happens and he gets all sorts of variants. I hear it has something to do with his "mustache", but you know how rumors go...
By renpen21
And the eBay sales begin !!